OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Raisin. Great to see you.
Hey Hi. I've been busy. I have a special guest who is requiring a lot of attention, but think my guest will be placed in a forever home soon with relatives and be out of the foster care system permanently. We tried my little guest in a school but it was too overwhelming so am home schooling right now and hoping I don't do any permanent damage education wise. lol

Thank you. Things are getting a little less crazy around here so am getting a few moments of time here and there to read the thread.

Great! Glad to have you here. Buckle up my friend!
This is the bumpy ride thread and not for the faint hearted!
5 trials coming up. The first in October 2019. Rita Newcomb

Last edited:
Wrote down these time of deaths... can't remember where from tho. Gives me some questions.
8:07 AM- Chris R Sr/ Gary R
8:11 AM- Frankie R/ Hannah G
8:17 AM- Dana R/ Hanna R/ Chris R Jr
1:49 PM- Kenneth R

That is a big time gap between the 8:17 and 1:49 times... wonder why/ what was going on.?

I believe those are times they were declared dead, not time of death. Kenneth was found last.

BCI investigator in Rhoden homicides placed on leave, embattled sheriff appears in court

I still don't think this will cause a problem at the trial but it bothers me that the victims families have to worry about these things.

Well of course defense attorneys are going to say it will derail the state's case. That's what they get paid to say. Not worried. None of the alleged misconduct had anything to do with the investigations of the Rhoden family massacre.

If the defense attorneys want to compare it to OJ Simpson's case, have at it. That OJ got off scot free because of those courtroom dirty tricks still sticks in the craw of the general public. Good luck to the defense in trying to use the OJ defense argument to get an acquittal for the 4 W's. That will go over like a lead balloon with the jury and the public.

From the linked article:

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost’s Office, which oversees BCI, said Wednesday that Trout’s suspension is unrelated to the Pike County investigation but would not comment on what the misconduct allegations were about.

A spokesman also said neither Trout nor Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader, who is on suspension pending the resolution of criminal charges against him, had testified before the grand jury that indicted the four members of the Wagner family in November and charged them with eight counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of Rhoden family members.
BBM

• Neither Trout's suspension or Reader's charges are related to the Rhoden Murders investigation
  • Neither Trout nor Reader testified before the Grand Jury that indicted the 4 Wagners.
So, the charges against the Wagners will still stand and nothing related to the investigation or the court case is affected.

Last edited:
Hey Hi. I've been busy. I have a special guest who is requiring a lot of attention, but think my guest will be placed in a forever home soon with relatives and be out of the foster care system permanently. We tried my little guest in a school but it was too overwhelming so am home schooling right now and hoping I don't do any permanent damage education wise. lol
That is a noble and thankless thing. Bless you for doing what you do.

BCI investigator in Rhoden homicides placed on leave, embattled sheriff appears in court

I still don't think this will cause a problem at the trial but it bothers me that the victims families have to worry about these things.
They wouldn’t comment about why he was placed on leave, only said it was an unrelated incident. But what if he was caught tampering with evidence in another case?

So him and reader accused of tampering with evidence. My lord, the W’s are gonna walk

They wouldn’t comment about why he was placed on leave, only said it was an unrelated incident. But what if he was caught tampering with evidence in another case?

So him and reader accused of tampering with evidence. My lord, the W’s are gonna walk

The Judge would have to agree to allow that theory to be presented in court. Judge's don't usually allow unsupported outlandish theories to be presented in their court. The W's are DP or LWOP. Those 4 will never live a free day in their life unless possibly GW4 deals. He might get a chance of parole if he deals. JMO. MOO.

The Judge would have to agree to allow that theory to be presented in court. Judge's don't usually allow unsupported outlandish theories to be presented in their court. The W's are DP or LWOP. Those 4 will never live a free day in their life unless possibly GW4 deals. He might get a chance of parole if he deals. JMO. MOO.

Agree with you, except, the parts about GW4. One can't deal if he is guilty, and there is "voluminous" evidence against him. Just saying.

Ran across an interesting article today. It's about a study that's been done, topic is - would you lie to get a relative out of trouble.

People would NOT hand in a family member if they had committed a crime | Daily Mail Online

Raize, great to have you back!

TY, Puzzles, but Daily Mail is not the best news source. JMO. And, families who are good people and law-abiding citizens aren't going to have to make this choice. We don't commit murder, much less expect to get away with it. The Ws are horrible people. JMO

Last edited:

The evidence that Mr Reader was accused of tampering with was money not anything else!

I say we all take Cool Cat's advice and "buckle up for the ride!" The lowly defense has begun to show its ugly face in the media! All just meant to distract from the facts at hand...upcoming trials, hard, raw evidence, reminders of helpless victims BRUTALLY murdered in their homes by the most evil humans on Earth who "premeditated and planned" every single move... This wasn't just an accident. I will trust in the Truth of evidence that the State holds! JMO

The evidence that Mr Reader was accused of tampering with was money not anything else!

And, who, among us can say, after seeing what he did the morning of April 23, 2016, that we would not have done much worse than take up gambling??? He was clearly suffering from PTSD and doing a great job of being Sheriff at the same time. I would hate to think of Pike County being in the hands of anyone but him in those long days which turned into years. God bless Sheriff Reader! JMO

Agree with you, except, the parts about GW4. One can't deal if he is guilty, and there is "voluminous" evidence against him. Just saying.
Actually, many people receive deals when they are guilty -in general plea negotiations, or in exchange for being a witness against their co-defendants. (Think Sammy the Bull.) Think also about how much easier the state's case would be if one of them agreed to testify against the others. I know it's doubtful, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And I will add that if you think there has not been, or will be, an offer to at least two of the four Wagner's to spill the beans, I think you would be mistaken. All just MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419