TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Personally I think her story makes sense and I could not convict her on a murder charge, a lesser charge absolutely.
I believe her that she thought she was approaching her apartment. I also believe that as soon as she noticed the door open freely when pushed upon, it put her in alert mode. In fact I have come home to a house I was house sitting and it was obvious that someone had broken in as I approached the door. I being a normal unarmed person backed away and called for help for fear someone could be in there. She is a police officer and they don't react that way and I can understand that. Now in the same breath I feel as an officer she should've been able to access the situation before firing her weapon and that's why I think she should be held accountable with a Manslaughter conviction in the least.

The whole point is her actions were not those of a reasonable person. She heard movement from when she was outside. That solidified it for me.
Even police earlier testified on what standard procedure is. They have enough to convict Imo.

- She heard movement when she was outside
- She said it was too dark to even identify male VS female ; So how would she reasonably be able to see his arms?
- She said he was pacing side to side; no indication of him attacking her.
- Only worried about herself wanted her partner there to comfort her

Where is the reasonable action?

The whole point is her actions were not those of a reasonable person. She heard movement from when she was outside. That solidified it for me.
Even police earlier testified on what standard procedure is. They have enough to convict Imo.

- She heard movement when she was outside
- She said it was too dark to even identify male VS female ; So how would she reasonably be able to see his arms?
- She said he was pacing side to side; no indication of him attacking her.
- Only worried about herself wanted her partner there to comfort her

Where is the reasonable action?

I think they're having her say that, though, in order to get the judge to allow testimony from the state police officer who said she was justified in shooting Jean. IIRC, the key to allowing that testimony is being able to prove that she was in fear of her life. Saying she "heard him moving around" before she opened the door may be a way for them to establish her "fear for her life". But, yeah, at that point all she had to do was back up and call for help.

Prosecutor says she never told 911 operator that Jean was coming at her. She only said she was in the wrong apartment.

Didn't say he was armed or she was in fear. Told officers in the hallway the same thing. Never said he was armed or coming at her. He was still alive.

If she thought he had a weapon, she should have told the other officers to be careful, but she didn't.

She admits she didn't do proper CPR on Jean. Said she kept getting up to see where she was instead of giving him CPR. She said she was on the phone, busy, etc. to give him full CPR.

Admitted she completely stopped CPR to text Rivera. Prosecutor says she kept texting Rivera before the other officers arrived.

IMO they have a ways to go to making her likable lmao thinking out loud.

Wheres you manager type of gal imo
Attempting to take a balanced view...I think it is fair to say that women who have assertive vs. demure qualities often aren’t “likable”. I know “likable” is important during a trial, but it shouldn’t be. Hopefully the Honorable Judge will keep the focus on facts vs. subjective qualities of either the Victim or Defendant.

Amateur opinion and speculation

She admits she didn't do proper CPR on Jean. Said she kept getting up to see where she was instead of giving him CPR. She said she was on the phone, busy, etc. to give him full CPR.

Admitted she completely stopped CPR to text Rivera. Prosecutor says she kept texting Rivera before the other officers arrived.
Is this verbatim? If so, her goose is cooked.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I told ya'll this was all about being with Rivera!!

BBM: Yes, yes and yes !

I was having a discussion with a friend this morning and I told her the same thing - that it was about Rivera.

Now ... I told her my "scenario" that involved Rivera, but my friend did not agree with me ... lol ... maybe I did not explain it very well.

Oh, and debating whether to share it here.

MOO

I was having a discussion with a friend this morning and I told her the same thing - that it was about Rivera.

Now ... I told her my "scenario" that involved Rivera, but my friend did not agree with me ... lol ... maybe I did not explain it very well.

MOO

Ah, come on, share

MOO

Please share! Because I'm convinced she did this to play victim and get support/attention from Rivera and other officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get