CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know they did *not* leave at 8:30, they left their home at 8:15am as per VI as told to him by the next door neighbor who caught it on his video recording.
Also, according to the VI's sister, see my post above, "by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911". I have seen multiple posts and even an MSM piece stating that BT went missing at 2 or 2:30, but dbdb11's sister (who states that she doesn't have the sharpest memory) remembers "noon". We can go back and forth about this for another 10 threads, but the fact is that it takes 1 hr, 45 minutes to drive directly from Bullhead City, AZ to Kelbaker Rd. and we know RT stopped for ice. Leaving at 8:15 easily puts them at Kelbaker/Hidden Hills, even with the ice stop, by 10:15 IF they made no other stops. That leaves 5 1/4 hours of time, not including the time it took for LE to arrive.

Last edited:
Well sure. Just because B may have enjoyed wearing a bikini in general, and may have enjoyed being in the desert in general, and perhaps even enjoyed wearing a bikini while camping in the desert (wasn't there a tent and lawnchairs set up in the photo showing her wearing a bikini in the desert?), it does not equate with wanting to take a 2 or a 4 hour walk at one of the hottest times of the year, during the sun shining from 10 til 12, or til 2:30, whichever version is believed, while on their WAY to a preplanned camping destination in the couple's newer RV. imo.
where is it stated they were walking for that long? you've lost me completely now :)

It may also depend on exactly where in the area you are. For instance, as far as I can tell from looking at various weather reports, near Baker it's lower and tends to be hotter than it is at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill. And other places in the Preserve may be different from either of those. So it depends on exactly where you are and at what time.

JMO
And is today's temperature even relevant to what the temps were at the time B 'disappeared'?

Time for action.

Mojave desert temperatures, day time 64F night 43F.
The heat is no longer an excuse not looking for her.

There are maybe hundreds of people following this case, she has family, friends, neighbour's.

Let's stop talking about her bikini, beer and husband and do something, make a group or several groups, contact people with drones, contact other volunteers en search the area for once and for all now that the extreme heat is gone.

How much longer is this going to take, all the energy that goes into talking about RT not walking his dog can be spend in planning routes, walking in groups, communicating with volunteers, make a headquarter and plan all sort of ways to search for Barbara, the time is now, IMO.

That is not Mojave temperatures. That is for Kelso, Washington, which is not in the Mojave.

9400109699937833720690 Kelso, CA current weather at 3 pm PST is 87 degrees.

Mid 90s?

bkjgpdcym95u.png

qo7lq43xa.png

dbm

I believe that the VI used the word 'around', which to me means approximately. my timeline is approximate, I said that, along with the word 'speculation'. I also invited others to amend it. Would be interested to see your timeline?
Well, I am not convinced she even went to the desert that day, quite frankly. Perhaps wherever the parking lot/360 took place, where BT is said to have taken a photo that day, wherever that is, is where she 'disappeared' from.
But here is a stab at it:
Left home at 8:15 - witness/video
Gas station 9am - witness/video
something about a 360 photo she took that day (haven't seen it, can't prove who exactly took the photo), with a parking lot nearby
arrive at rock formation say 10:30am
hide the key under a rock (that makes sense, seeing they were just going for a walk to see a rock formation on their way to their camping destination)
walk for a mile and back again (how long is the estimated time for a couple of fit older people to walk that far again?), RT takes some photos, he's packing up, and she disappears into thin air.. maybe an hour later.. 11:30am
He goes back to the RV, she's not there, calls her name, waves his arms, starts to get worried around noon, as relayed to B's family
-the rest is pure speculation by anyone, which may or may not end up being against TOS, but there is a big blank spot between 11:30am-12noon as speculated above, and 3:30pm when we know he made the phonecall reporting her disappearance. He says he searched for an hour.. but that timespan is 3.5-4 hours, not one hour.
We don't know if he had to drive the RV somewhere else to get enough phone reception to make that call. And if he did, then I guess that would provide a good explanation for perhaps why the truck may have been unhitched and rehitched, or why tire markings might show arrival, departure, arrival, (if they did show that).
We don't know much of anything.

Also, according to the VI's sister, see my post above, "by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911". I have seen multiple posts and even an MSM piece stating that BT went missing at 2 or 2:30, but dbdb11's sister (who states that she doesn't have the sharpest memory) remembers "noon". We can go back and forth about this for another 10 threads, but the fact is that it takes 1 hr, 45 minutes to drive directly from Bullhead City, AZ to Kelbaker Rd. and we know RT stopped for ice. Leaving at 8:15 easily puts them at Kelbaker/Hidden Hills, even with the ice stop, by 10:15 IF they made no other stops. That leaves 5 1/4 hours of time, not including the time it took for LE to arrive.
Yes. And the point?

where is it stated they were walking for that long? you've lost me completely now :)
Ok, let me spell it out.
Arrive at 10:15-10:30, they walk til 11:30, he gets worried at noon, as he told B's family. (i estimated that at the couple of hours that others are talking about her having been out in the sun for 2 hours), when in actuality it is only 1 hour or so before she disappeared.
Arrive at 10:15-10:30, they walk until 2:30 as he told media, that's 4 hours.

I find the bolded to be interesting, since we know the 911 call came in at approximately 3:26.
Prob. the VI's sister might have just misheard this ?

If she went missing earlier and RT called 911 at 3:36 -- I have an issue with that.
No way in hell do I think he looked for her in that heat from , let's say-- 10:30-11:00 am until 3:36.
What was he doing ?
And I want to know exactly where this cave is that RT mentioned.
How far and is there actually a cave ?
MOO

Why might you suppose he would NOT have given a complete and accurate account to family and media?
I stated that clearly in my post. Because there were "things he didn't feel comfortable admitting to those people" such as "being inconsiderate, careless, and/or parting on bad terms."

It's one thing to not admit being in an argument at the time, but it's a different thing to lie about what happened that day, imo.
I didn't say he lied, just that he may have left things out.
And we must always keep in mind that he may have said a lot more to the police. One should not assume that because we haven't been explicitly told something, it didn't happen. Very little has been disclosed to the public.

I stated that clearly in my post. Because there were "things he didn't feel comfortable admitting to those people" such as "being inconsiderate, careless, and/or parting on bad terms."

And we must always keep in mind that he may have said a lot more to the police. One should not assume that because we haven't been explicitly told something, it didn't happen. Very little has been disclosed to the public.
But why do you suppose he might have left actions they did that day out of his list of events relayed to B's relatives, and especially when it was said to have been a detailed list? It is completely understandable that he might leave out personal domestic issues, like whatever they said to one another, but why leave out what they did and where they went, when meanwhile giving a detailed account? That doesn't make sense. imo.

I want to bring this post by dbdb11 forward.

hmmm i don’t have the sharpest memory but i’ll try to recount as best as i can - robbie and said he needs to talk to daddy and that barbara’s missing. it was a long story that started at the beginning on friday morning and progressed chronologically throughout the day. the impression robbie gave me was that she was wearing a red cap, a bikini and carrying a travel cup with beer in it. they lost sight of each other for 5-10 minutes before she “vanished” and he went back to their rv to see if she had returned but it was still locked so that meant she hadn’t come back yet (they had put the key under a rock which they both knew the location of). so he went back to check a shaded cave that they had found together earlier thinking she may have been taking a break from the heat but she wasn’t there either. he still wasn’t worried at this point because.. i don’t remember why he said he wasn’t yet worried. maybe because they both knew the area? or this was a regular thing? idk not sure but he continued searching for her on his own. by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911. police arrived like 2 hours later and searched for her. robbie said throughout the day they had sniff dogs, horses, hundreds of people and even a helicopter (which unfortunately couldn’t use its infrared function because it was too hot out to get any useful readings) and nobody could find any trace of her. searched throughout the night too. nothing. she had just disappeared. robbie admits “it doesn’t make any sense” that she just wandered off and got lost and there’s no evidence.. which is why he suspects she may have been picked up in a car. also because from the spot where she went missing she had to cross a highway in order to get back to where their rv was parked. also apparently she took a 360 picture that morning from on top of a hill and the photo included a parking lot with some vehicles in it so the police are looking into their license plates/info.

robbie said that he just wants barbara back and will press no charges against the person who abducted her so long as they return her. the call was delivered in a measured tone but he broke down a bit at this point, was tough to hear ..abc reached out? idk if it was abc but some mainstream news outlet and i definitely heard nancy grace mentioned. robbie’s done some interviews as he wants to get the word out. but he hasn’t seen or read any of the released news and comments. it’s too much

he said he keeps returning to the spot where he lost her and overturning rocks and searching and searching hoping to find something. he was there the day he called us although i think he said he shouldn’t really go back there as protocol says he’s the first suspect. he was even held for 5hrs in a cop car on the first day. it’s been nonstop and nobody is sleeping. robbie said he had held off on calling daddy to tell him the bad news because it was such devastating news and he was hoping she would turn up.. but he couldn’t wait any longer. he also said it’s difficult to call into china and said his calls rarely go through so if we want to ask any questions or talk more we should call him.

txt msg from my sister. wish i.asked.for this.earlier...

Post #544, p. 28, Thread #1 posted July 18 by dbdb11
Thank you for bringing this forward! I must say, even though she says her memory may not be accurate, she nails every detail that we have known RT to say publicly at this point IMO.
That’s exactly why I believe her account of the timing that RT provides her to be correct! Everything else matches up, so why would she misremember the time frame?
IMO, she didn’t. I think she provided a pretty good recollection of everything RT told her and her father that day! MOO
It’s for these reasons I must wonder why RT provided a different timeframe to LE.

Thank you for bringing this forward! I must say, even though she says her memory may not be accurate, she nails every detail that we have known RT to say publicly at this point IMO.
That’s exactly why I believe her account of the timing that RT provides her to be correct! Everything else matches up, so why would she misremember the time frame?
IMO, she didn’t. I think she provided a pretty good recollection of everything RT told her and her father that day! MOO
It’s for these reasons I must wonder why RT provided a different timeframe to LE.
BBM

Hmmmm........
Like I said -- It's doubtful he was searching all by his lonesome from noon or before; until 3:26. Too freaking hot, for one thing !

But why do you suppose he might have left actions they did that day out of his list of events relayed to B's relatives, and especially when it was said to have been a detailed list? It is completely understandable that he might leave out personal domestic issues, like whatever they said to one another, but why leave out what they did and where they went, when meanwhile giving a detailed account? That doesn't make sense. imo.
When he was talking to the family in HK? I think it would be natural to concentrate on the time immediately before he lost sight of her, and what happened afterwards. He didn't bother to mention that they stopped for ice, for instance, because it had no relevance to what happened later.

The other possibility is that she simply misheard that detail.

BBM

Re. the bolded : Agree with you on that point.
I for one am extremely interested in what he left out.
He has never divulged where he stood and what rock formation he photographed.
He has never explained where this 'cave' was that he thought she may have taken refuge in.
He has never explained why he told the VI's sister that he called at 12:00 noon when the call actually came in at 3:26.

Feel free to add anything that he may have left out.
And what the (bleep) was this about a cave ? Why would she have taken refuge there -- where there could be snakes and whatnot, when the fifth wheel should have been in their line of sight ?
Assuming she wasn't forced off the trail ?
Imo.

Ok, let me spell it out.
Arrive at 10:15-10:30, they walk til 11:30, he gets worried at noon, as he told B's family. (i estimated that at the couple of hours that others are talking about her having been out in the sun for 2 hours), when in actuality it is only 1 hour or so before she disappeared.
Arrive at 10:15-10:30, they walk until 2:30 as he told media, that's 4 hours.
I respectfully disagree, I believe that the VI's sister was mistaken about the timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa