GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen this show when it originally aired. My favorite part was when Morgan got up close with Tammy and heard her gasp. Tammy knows she is not an attractive woman, no matter what makeup she puts on. It must have really killed her inside when her man took up with a girl that was actually pretty. I believe that is what drove her to murder. She works so hard to come off as not caring and just looks like a fool. What bothers me most is the children will think this kind of behavior is ok. Having Tammy as a role model makes me fear for her childrens future. Why would you have them in court hearing all the ugly details of mom and dad....
MOO

Where is Heather???

Once again the Elvis family's unwavering fight is portrayed with such dignity and grace. Such a stark contrast to the other family torn apart by this senseless tragedy. Did this "grown mother" never stop to think HE was barely a legal adult? I'm so sorry the angel fell in love with the devil.

Does anyone else remember hearing ME sing "Come Home?" It may have been on the FB group, but that song still gives me chills (and her version is far superior to the original, just sayin)

JMO, MOO, etc

It didn't take much sleuthing for me to find out that Kathryn's grandfather, Rembert C. Dennis (1915-1992) had six (6) children, two son's of which were her father, Luke, and his brother Rembert (R. Markley Dennis), her uncle. So uncle was the correct answer...in my humble opinion. BTW, I didn't see where you stated your ALL CAPS reply as your humble opinion, even though, that was what you were criticizing others for not doing. Just an observation. This is a friendly forum after all. Everyone have a nice day.
Fact: Rembert Jr. is her Uncle. Judge Markley Dennis is her father’s cousin - not his brother.

Last edited:
Glad I watched. Dateline included the latest updates about Sidney's recent trial and the verdict.

I followed the case more heavily in the beginning and the very first trial. Thirty years behind bars for both of them is more than seemed possible at one point. I just wish Heather could be found.

Terry Elvis joined us to share that the prosecutor's office is not giving up. They will continue to investigate and follow up on tips. My thoughts and prayers are with the Elvis family, this isn't over for them by any means. The evil duo are in prison, but they still don't have the truth or Heather.

Where is Heather?????

Terry Elvis joined us to share that the prosecutor's office is not giving up. They will continue to investigate and follow up on tips. My thoughts and prayers are with the Elvis family, this isn't over for them by any means. The evil duo are in prison, but they still don't have the truth or Heather.

Where is Heather?????

Great post! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like either one is willing to talk. Maybe if a change of jobs occurred, to a less pleasant assignment, that would help. JM(wicked)O.

I just finished watching every minute of the trial and reading all of your posts up through the verdict and saw a few I should have responded to but didn't...

So, are they expecting a verdict soon and that's why everyone is still in courtroom? Except for SM, Judge and jury. This is making me so nervous now.

The simple answer was no one made us leave. When I got there it was closed off. But after the jury went back to their room with their answer and the judge left no one really got up other than Terry and Morgan, some various court and attorney employees and the Moorers. I was prepared to go back out thinking we'd have to but no one with the court said anything so I just sat there and did my homework and wondered what you all were seeing/thinking. This was also the time I got to speak with Terry and convey our collective support.

GUILTY ON BOTH CHARGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took EVERYTHING I had not to celebrate. I don't know if they showed on stream but we were warned to not show emotion at the verdict or leave.

Yes. Crying yall.

This couldn't be helped and I'm sure y'all heard some of it. Bc there was a gentleman behind the Elvises crying so hard and basically everyone in those seats was in some stage of tears.

All three statements from the Elvis family were so powerful, so heart wrenching, and so true.

I am holding them all close in my heart today.

By the end of these 3 statements there wasn't a dry eye in the gallery. (That is what it's called right?) The one that killed me the most was Morgan. She tied it up into a neat and eloquent bow. I think she would make an excellent attorney.

A few side notes from that day:
  • There was a LOT of teal in that room. A lot.
  • I could tell the jury took it very seriously, and 7 of them did return for sentencing.
  • I remember someone asking about someone in the courtroom talking to the baliffs, wearing a white sweater thing in the first week. I saw screenshots and didn't realize who it was then. She returned after the verdict and was chatting around and I was thinking to myself "who does this woman think she is acting like she owns the place..." Then she turned to speak with Terry and I realized it was our Clerk of Court! Renee Elvis. I remembered her from my jury duty, she was wonderfully funny and sweet.
  • I left my cell phone in my car bc I was told we couldn't have them. Unsure of the validity of that now. Kind of wish I'd pushed it bc it was 90 degrees and I left it on and the sun was hitting my windshield... I think if the jury had taken 5 more minutes I'd have had no phone and no car.

I just finished watching every minute of the trial and reading all of your posts up through the verdict and saw a few I should have responded to but didn't...

The simple answer was no one made us leave. When I got there it was closed off. But after the jury went back to their room with their answer and the judge left no one really got up other than Terry and Morgan, some various court and attorney employees and the Moorers. I was prepared to go back out thinking we'd have to but no one with the court said anything so I just sat there and did my homework and wondered what you all were seeing/thinking. This was also the time I got to speak with Terry and convey our collective support.

It took EVERYTHING I had not to celebrate. I don't know if they showed on stream but we were warned to not show emotion at the verdict or leave.

This couldn't be helped and I'm sure y'all heard some of it. Bc there was a gentleman behind the Elvises crying so hard and basically everyone in those seats was in some stage of tears.

By the end of these 3 statements there wasn't a dry eye in the gallery. (That is what it's called right?) The one that killed me the most was Morgan. She tied it up into a neat and eloquent bow. I think she would make an excellent attorney.

• I could tell the jury took it very seriously, and 7 of them did return for sentencing.
  • I remember someone asking about someone in the courtroom talking to the baliffs, wearing a white sweater thing in the first week. I saw screenshots and didn't realize who it was then. She returned after the verdict and was chatting around and I was thinking to myself "who does this woman think she is acting like she owns the place..." Then she turned to speak with Terry and I realized it was our Clerk of Court! Renee Elvis. I remembered her from my jury duty, she was wonderfully funny and sweet.
  • I left my cell phone in my car bc I was told we couldn't have them. Unsure of the validity of that now. Kind of wish I'd pushed it bc it was 90 degrees and I left it on and the sun was hitting my windshield... I think if the jury had taken 5 more minutes I'd have had no phone and no car.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a summary of what it was like inside the courtroom.

I was so glad the judge was much more reasonable this time around. And I'm so glad the jury saw the truth.

One critical mistake that narcistic murderers sometimes make, like was made in this case, is they dont plan for any other reason why the victim would be missing. They didnt plan out ANY other reasonable possibilities why HE would be missing. All arrows pointed squarely at them.

Here we have a situation where HE gets a phone call very early in the morning from him and she tells her roomate that she is considering to meet with him and then nobody hears from her again, with her car being found just south of where they live. Common sense leaves no other reasonable possibility when combined with all the other circumstantial evidence that all pointed squarely at them.

One of those pieces of circumstantial evidence that was significant was the known hatred that TM had toward HE and of which a LOT of people knew about including most all her coworkers. They even played a trick on HE one day because everyone at work knew she was scared of TM's hatred toward her.

So the genius narcistic killers left no other reasonable option why she would be missing except for themselves doing the harm to her.

Thank you again for going and letting us know what happened.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a summary of what it was like inside the courtroom.

I was so glad the judge was much more reasonable this time around. And I'm so glad the jury saw the truth.

One critical mistake that narcistic murderers sometimes make, like was made in this case, is they dont plan for any other reason why the victim would be missing. They didnt plan out ANY other reasonable possibilities why HE would be missing. All arrows pointed squarely at them.

Here we have a situation where HE gets a phone call very early in the morning from him and she tells her roomate that she is considering to meet with him and then nobody hears from her again, with her car being found just south of where they live. Common sense leaves no other reasonable possibility when combined with all the other circumstantial evidence that all pointed squarely at them.

One of those pieces of circumstantial evidence that was significant was the known hatred that TM had toward HE and of which a LOT of people knew about including most all her coworkers. They even played a trick on HE one day because everyone at work knew she was scared of TM's hatred toward her.

So the genius narcistic killers left no other reasonable option why she would be missing except for themselves doing the harm to her.

Exactly! SM also didn't think the pay phone number he made to HE would show up on her phone (DUH) as an incoming call that she would try calling back multiple times could be traced and connected to his location. Then admitting to it when confronted with the surveillance from that phone booth. BOOM!

Exactly! SM also didn't think the pay phone number he made to HE would show up on her phone (DUH) as an incoming call that she would try calling back multiple times could be traced and connected to his location. Then admitting to it when confronted with the surveillance from that phone booth. BOOM!

He also maybe didn't know they could trace it to a specific payphone. I'm not sure I would have known that although from what I remember when I used payphones they had a sticker on them with the phones number.

The Court Junkie podcast did an episode or maybe two about this case, and I’m sure she’ll probably (hopefully!) release an update soon.

(COURT Junkie, which is a good and classy podcast, not to be confused with Crime Junkie, who are lying, unethical plagiarizing thieves.)

Poston said he plans to file the lawsuit against the Horry County Police Department and individual officers. He also plans to sue Facebook, Heather’s father, Terry Elvis and other people who Poston said were involved in a multitude of Facebook pages where people coordinated the harassment of the Moorers by shining lights through their doors and walking around the house with guns.

BBM

From the article above. I have to say to say Good luck Mr Poston as I think you will have a very difficult time suing all these people.
Conviction of both Moorers by jurors of their peers means more than a frivolous civil law suit. JMO IMHO MOO

Poston said he plans to file the lawsuit against the Horry County Police Department and individual officers. He also plans to sue Facebook, Heather’s father, Terry Elvis and other people who Poston said were involved in a multitude of Facebook pages where people coordinated the harassment of the Moorers by shining lights through their doors and walking around the house with guns.

BBM

From the article above. I have to say to say Good luck Mr Poston as I think you will have a very difficult time suing all these people.
Conviction of both Moorers by jurors of their peers means more than a frivolous civil law suit. JMO IMHO MOO
I know right?!
After I read: "It will take some time to get the case files from this recent trial, review the trial proceedings in detail..."
I was m yes to say: "Really.....weren't you there??"

I know right?!
After I read: "It will take some time to get the case files from this recent trial, review the trial proceedings in detail..."
I had to laugh at his comment about it being his firm’s top priority. Isn’t he the only employee of his firm? And something tells me they are his only clients so of course they r his top priority. Ya good luck Mr. Poston. I think the Elvis’s have more ground to sue for pain and suffering your clients have caused them. MOO

I know right?!
Yes! Why wasn't he there. Is this guy really serious, I doubt the court will accept their case. They will probably laugh at the filing of the suit.

I find this Civil Suit a joke!

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members