GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
commentator on KFAA makes an excellent point...if they give her a pass based on castle doc. well all the housing projects where every house looks like every other house it will be the wild west...oh I thought it was my house!!

so judge will not give them more ...they are already confused...now left to go back and this will depend on whichever jurors can prevail in 'THEIR' interpretation of those terms. Once again instructions in the hands of lay persons could give the defendant a clear advantage. Until the time time either we use professional juries or some means to give clearer instructions not in legalize...well I am preparing now to be very disappointed.

wow they want a definition of manslaughter and more clear info on castle doctrine. The allowing of that castle doctrine is going to mean those of us for murder are going to be disappointed. I can already feel it.

I guess I would be the one that would throw it into a mistrial bc you couldn’t get me to change my mind to self defense at all. I’m riding out to the end.

I so often feel for these people that come from other countries where justice is sometimes very elusive and live good lives here in US only to have this happen and potentially not get justice here either. Mr Jean was an extraordinary young man who was working in a great job for a very highly regarded firm...a job many would want but few can get...doing nothing but sitting in his apartment. And while the light is on the South Side Flats right now...this is the way millions of apartments in our country are being built...every floor and apt. look the same and subtle lighting means cues can be missed.

This and "stand your ground" should make people feel really safe!!!

Amber Guyger Trial: Jury sent out two questions. They wanted a clarification on the definition of manslaughter and more information on the Castle Doctrine which is a stand your ground type law in Texas. The judge told them to rely on the evidence that had already been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo