GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 2m2 minutes ago
Jury now hearing from Cathy Odhiambo, a fellow officer and friend of Gugyer's. They've known each other from before their time at DPD. "This is a girl that I love as a friend. She's been good to me all the time I've known her."

EF4x7JvXYAAEwoO.jpg

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 15m15 minutes ago
Another DPD employee testifying now about Gugyer's character. Said she was courageous in helping the night of the July 7, 2016 ambush. "She was just ready to go," he said.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 7m7 minutes ago
Prosecutors questioning the officer, Thomas MacPherson, about a groupchat Guyger, MacPherson, and other officers were in. In the chat, they've made derogatory comments about a supervisor, and prosecutors are saying it's a sign that Guyger isn't as respectful as her coworkers say.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 7m7 minutes ago
Prosecutor asks MacPherson asked if Guyger's text to Martin Rivera about black officers would surprise him. He replies: "It would sound out of character for her."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 4m4 minutes ago
This line of questioning happened outside the presence of the jury. Judge Kemp rules prosecution can't ask MacPherson about the text thread in which officers complained about their supervisor. Not allowing the MLK Day texts or other texts because they weren't sent to him.

Last edited:
WHO'S TUBBY??? Judge please allow this!!!! lol

The testimony from her sister was a bit strange, maybe she was just nervous and didn't say the right words?

Defense: "You know your sister well, does she seem genuine in her remorse?"

Sister: "She's one of the most genuine people you could ever meet and I know those that know her would attest to that."

What else has been testified too? Botham sang at church and he worked at a prestigious accounting firm. He had many friends and was well liked. Why can't she be afforded the chance to have her facts testified to? Everything should be equal in a trial. Or maybe not....

The disparity in testimony is glaring. She talked to people, hung out with them, etc. I feel they are trying to make normal interactions as special. I expected the defense to present evidence that she was something more than that. No one has seemed terribly sad or surprised. It's very odd.

If you listened to testimony about the victim and came away with that he sung and people liked him...you missed a lot.

The defense deserves to have their chance to defend her. Absolutely. They either aren't doing a good job, people don't know her very well, or she has done very little of note with her life

The testimony from her sister was a bit strange, maybe she was just nervous and didn't say the right words?

Defense: "You know your sister well, does she seem genuine in her remorse?"

Sister: "She's one of the most genuine people you could ever meet and I know those that know her would attest to that."
Maybe her sister can't answer in the affirmative and doesn't want to straight out lie.

I can't imagine any of these police co workers are going to help at all. Her training failed her. I guess no honest friends to get up?

I disagree that AG's training failed her. She did not respond as trained.

She shot to kill an alleged burglar!

If she suspected someone was inside, she should have taken cover and called for help.

She did not radio for back up -- PD only 5 minutes away.

She made no attempt to render aid when she discovered her mistake.

No, she did not respond to this incident as trained.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member