GUILTY WA - Sarah Yarborough, 16, found deceased, Federal Way, 14 Dec 1991 *DNA arrest in 2019*

One thing I notice is the offender had a bad complexion and shoulder length blonde hair. Here is an amateur sleuth with a good You Tube video about the case:

Wow, both the sketch artist portrait and the DNA picture of the perp are so much like the arrested offender, kudos to all in LE who worked on this case to bring it to fruition! And to the witness who did a great job in describing this evil perp!

I literally froze when I saw someone had been arrested in this case. I am a graduate of (a few years before Sarah attended) Federal Way HS, the murder of Sarah changed our lives forever in this what was small suburb of Seattle. I had friends of friends of Sarah, on the drill team with her. They all lost their innocence when Sarah was murdered. Everyone looked at anyone even close to resembling the sketch with suspicion. Terrible time.

If Sarah's killer could be found after all these years, I have great faith that the killer of Abby and Libby will be found and brought to justice as well. Let today be the day.

How many more victims?????? Thanks to Wa States Aptly named Criminal Justice System this guy was set loose to cause harm time,and time again.

Not sure about Washington, but the state where I live has a huge backlog of DNA testing they haven't done on convicted criminals. Not sure if officials didn't think it was important or didn't have the time, IDK. But they all need to catch up on completing these tests.

Patrick Nicholas has never submitted a DNA sample for entry into CODIS despite having a criminal record, the charges say. He was convicted in 1983 of attempted first-degree rape in Benton County and was released from prison in 1987. He was also charged in 1994 with first-degree child molestation but later pleaded guilty to fourth-degree assault, court records show.

BBM

It's called "owed DNA" and these departments need to catch up on the backlog.

'Fallen through the cracks:' Overdue DNA swabs link to murders, sexual assaults

CLEVELAND, Ohio - A project to collect swabs of DNA from more than 500 Cuyahoga County probationers whose profiles were missing from state databases has so far netted 21 hits to crimes that gave police leads in unsolved cases or confirmed previous convictions.

The crimes included: two murders; seven sexual assaults; three aggravated robberies; three aggravated burglaries; three breaking and entering, including a hate crime; and three thefts.

This of course was a terrible case with the murder of a young girl who had all of her life and front of her and of course the rest of society was robbed of her contribution to it. One interesting aspect of the case previously is was the offender ancestors were traced back the Mayflower and the possible surname Fuller. This was through the use of genetic genealogy before its use to identify many offenders in crimes after the arrest in the Golden State Killer case. Of course the surname of the suspect arrested in this case was not Fuller but Nicholas:

DNA evidence links 1991 Sarah Yarborough murder to Colonial Mass. family

Awkward twist over DNA link in teen’s slaying

https://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/nydailynews.com/

Nicholas Name Meaning, Family History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms

This of course was a terrible case with the murder of a young girl who had all of her life and front of her and of course the rest of society was robbed of her contribution to it. One interesting aspect of the case previously is was the offender ancestors were traced back the Mayflower and the possible surname Fuller. This was through the use of genetic genealogy before its use to identify many offenders in crimes after the arrest in the Golden State Killer case. Of course the surname of the suspect arrested in this case was not Fuller but Nicholas:

DNA evidence links 1991 Sarah Yarborough murder to Colonial Mass. family

Awkward twist over DNA link in teen’s slaying

https://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/nydailynews.com/

Nicholas Name Meaning, Family History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms

Just for other posters if they do not know is a case where genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible surname of the offender and in this case it was a direct match when the offender was arrested:

Investigation Discovery - Official Site

1984 Colorado hammer murders suspect will likely be extradited from Nevada

CO - CO - Bruce, 27, Debra, 26, & Melissa Bennett, 7, Aurora, 16 Jan 1984

From the link:

Sarah’s former teacher, Bill Harris, said the Monday after her murder was the hardest day of his teaching career because he had to rearrange the seats so there wouldn’t be a vacant spot where Sarah used to sit, he said.

Ingrid Lyden, Sarah’s former sixth period chemistry teacher, reminisced with a smile about the teen’s classroom arrivals.

Sarah was always late to class, running in just as the bell rang. She would slide into her back row seat, flash her megawatt smile, “and I never marked her tardy…,” Lyden said.

[...]

Former classmate Len Badgely fondly recounted his love for innocently making her blush by putting the spotlight on her because her pale complexion would bloom into a bright rosy shade and “you’d get that smile,” he said.

A smile that would light up the room, McKelvie added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back