AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the podcast gave us any credible information.

Nancy Grace doesn't understand why anyone would abduct a cute little girl in pigtails?

I find that hard to believe.

She claims there was a DRASTIC change of information about the people who were seen with Dulce at the park?

How so? The mother mentioned both the black man and the hispanic man. What is the drastic change?

How was that the mothers fault? All she was doing was reporting what the witnesses at the basketball courts told her.

It was not she who changed her story, which was implied in the Podcast.

And the former cop who claimed she was lying compared her to Polly Klauses mother who knew exactly what she was wearing and was able to give more details about it.

That's what they are claiming is evidence that she was lying? Was her mother a nineteen year old who didn't have custody of her children?
I doubt she dressed her child in the morning before she went to school.

Polly Klauses mom knew what she wore to bed that night. It's really not a fair comparison, since her mother lived with her, whereas Dulce's mom did not.

I don't consider Nancy Grace credible at all.

Imo
The podcast, and your post reinforce we know next to nothing about what happened to this little girl.
I haven’t heard a credible rendition of the events of that day, (in my opinion), but perhaps the fact so little is known is making things sound improbable to my jaded ears.

Do we have a credible eye witness who has come forth or is this all what the “child of tender years” has portrayed?

amateur opinion and speculation

Anyone else notice that a lot of the photos on Google Earth that had been posted of Bridgeton City Park are disappeared? I went back to look at them after the new sketch of a possible witness was released, and now they're gone. In particular the one with orange shoes.
I noticed that myself . One in particular I noticed that was gone because I actually called it in as a tip since it was very strange . This person took a 360 degree photo and you can see his face . Also gone. From what I remember from the photo he looks very similar to the sketch . There are probably a lot of photos like that I’m sure LE is looking at all of them.

What a narrow-minded idiot.
What are this persons credentials

I have to agree. A psychologist who doesn't know that people who have a 1st and 2nd language may make mistakes like confusing "floor" with "ground" (a common mistake!) must have little experience with people different from herself. And these "experts" (ahem) go on podcasts and just cause hurt with this ignorance.

And I don't think it's a good idea for Dulce's mama to take a polygraph. What happens when she's being honest but they just decide to report she "failed?" Polygraphs aren't reliable but many in the public don't know that.

The podcast, and your post reinforce we know next to nothing about what happened to this little girl.
I haven’t heard a credible rendition of the events of that day, (in my opinion), but perhaps the fact so little is known is making things sound improbable to my jaded ears.

Do we have a credible eye witness who has come forth or is this all what the “child of tender years” has portrayed?

Yes. We don't know what happened and neither do they.

To attempt to analyze the 911 call and use the words that were spoken to point to the mother's guilt without any evidence is irresponsible.

For a psychologist to suggest that by using the word "floor" instead of "ground" indicated that Dulce must have dropped her icecream somewhere other than at the park is ridiculous and unprofessional.

For a former police officer to suggest
Dulces mother is lying because she could not remember what she was wearing is idiotic.

What other relevant details were used to point to the mothers guilt?

Imo

Last edited:
I think it's odd that during that first 30+ minutes they were initially looking for Dulce no one at the park thought to ask mom what she was wearing - nor was it seemingly discussed. It sounds as if the the 911 dispatcher was the very first person to have questioned what Dulce was wearing. MOO

I have to agree. A psychologist who doesn't know that people who have a 1st and 2nd language may make mistakes like confusing "floor" with "ground" (a common mistake!) must have little experience with people different from herself. And these "experts" (ahem) go on podcasts and just cause hurt with this ignorance.

And I don't think it's a good idea for Dulce's mama to take a polygraph. What happens when she's being honest but they just decide to report she "failed?" Polygraphs aren't reliable but many in the public don't know that.
Yes, all they are doing is causing more pain to the family.
The best example the psychologist could come up with was her use of the word "floor" instead of "ground?"
Even people who only speak English mix up the two words.

I would think one would have to be very sure of the evidence before they start accusing a family member of their child's disappearance.

This family is obviously grieving and in pain over the loss of little Dulce. The last thing they need is to be accused of being involved.

Imo

Thinking about it, I would have a hard time differentiating between suelo and piso (both meaning ground or floor) in Spanish especially if I was under extreme pressure and emotional distress.

I think it's odd that during that first 30+ minutes they were initially looking for Dulce no one at the park thought to ask mom what she was wearing - nor was it seemingly discussed. It sounds as if the the 911 dispatcher was the very first person to have questioned what Dulce was wearing. MOO
Apparently there were no other children playing at the park.
I imagine anyone who saw a five year old Hispanic girl would have assumed it might have been the child they were looking for. Imo

The sketch of Hispanic male came from a different witness, not a child of tender years.

I sure do wish I knew this language.

I pasted the YouTube URLinto LilSubs.com.
That can produce an auto-generated, English subtitles file.
The results are not completely accurate and require some interpretation,
but they might be useful for getting a sense of what is being said.

But even without the translation, Ms. Pérez is clearly devastated and heartbroken.
I wish all the best.

This question about the Dulce clothing has been asked a number of times and ways both on WS, the the NG show and by LE.

We don't know if Mom or Grandma dressed Dulce (or maybe neither) after school before heading to park.

We know that Mom doesn't live with Dulce or her brother and in recent interviews we have seen Mom sitting on couch in Grandmas house, so it seems like she is allowed to be inside the house.

Originally I thought it might be a situation where Mom was not allowed to be inside the house of Grandma and that Grandma would bring the 2 children to the door and pass them off to Mom to go to the park.

There is so much we don't know about Mom's involvement with the 2 children on a day to day basis. If Mom didn't dress the children it might make sense that she didn't recall exactly what Dulce was wearing.
MOO

I just came across this article. Haven’t seen it posted here yet. If it was already posted my apologies.

'It's Very Quiet Now Without Her': Family Filled With Grief, Hope in Month Since 5-Year-Old's Disappearance
'It's Very Quiet Now': Girl's Grieving Mother Clings to Hope

It wasn't supposed to be this way. The house wasn't meant to feel so empty.

Standing in the bedroom she shared with her 5-year-old granddaughter, Norma Pérez gazed at her own bed and recalled the young girl curling up beside her underneath the covers. Dulce María Alavez had her own small mattress, but rarely did she sleep there.

"She never liked to sleep alone. She liked it when we hugged her. That way she fell asleep faster," Pérez, who is the child's legal guardian,”

Things have changed since the girl vanished from a Bridgeton, New Jersey, park on the afternoon of Sept. 16. Federal, state and local authorities have scoured the area, followed more than 1,000 tips and checked in with registered sex offenders to no avail.

"We don't understand why this happened to us. Sometimes it's really hard to believe that this has happened to our family," Noema Alavez Pérez, Dulce María's mother, lamented.

Alavez Pérez recalled how happiness turned into sorrow the day her daughter went missing. It was supposed to be a joyous day. Dulce María loved pizza and her mother planned to take her to her favorite restaurant, the one that always made her happy.

Also completely confused. I was very firmly in the stranger abduction camp, but right now? I'm not sure.

Personally, I think it's certainly within reason to wonder if it is possible Dulce never went to the park, BUT it also seems as though Noema is being judged for some things that are absurd. None of it makes any sense.

Also completely confused. I was very firmly in the stranger abduction camp, but right now? I'm not sure.

Personally, I think it's certainly within reason to wonder if it is possible Dulce never went to the park, BUT it also seems as though Noema is being judged for some things that are absurd. None of it makes any sense.
Absolutely agree with little making sense.

LE has been clear that 'nobody has been cleared' and you would think that after a month that some people might have been crossed off the list and cleared.

I have to admit that the people asking whether Dulce ever made it to the park raise some interesting points.

But, I do find it hard to believe that Mom would have arrived at the park without Dulce and then sent a 3 yo by himself out to play?

I do wonder what Moms sister and brother said when interviewed?

Its hard to believe but we/LE have next to no information about what really happened in the park.

Yes, I remember NG having some facts wrong in some cases, but in this case at the start she did not believe mom had anything to do with this, but she did say she parked too far from where the kids were playing.

This podcast, NG said to her guests, "I am not saying the mom is involved in this. You are analyzing this in a completely different vein. I am just wondering if we are attacking the mom because we need to attack somebody and we don't know which way to go with it or are some of the guests right?"

A few are weighing in on just the facts of the case. They don't believe the mother. they don't believe Dulce was ever in the park.

I am posting parts of the podcast if you did not listen to it. Their opinions based on the facts

Psychologist; Sheryl McCollum: "There are concerns about mom saying the little boy's ice cream fell on the floor instead of saying the ground. Because mom used the word floor and not ground when the ice cream fell, was there a situation that caused the ice cream to actually fall on the floor, but it was inside their house or on the floorboards in the car. It sounds like they were inside not outside, this concerns me. They were outside, she should have said ground.

Everything that comes out of this woman's mouth, I want to believe her, I can't. She is not giving me any reason to believe her.

You don't know what she is wearing, you never use her name, you never asked for help, she parked far away.The best witness is a crying 3 yr-old and some child that describes "somebody" The police do not even believe she was there. Said mom has given no reasons to believe her.

The video of her getting ice cream is the last time we have Dulce on film. That is it. Nobody else at the park took a picture, has a video of her, nobody on a camera or on a surveillance camera has her. They can't verify she was ever at that park. Nothing about the fact pattern or timeline makes any sense to them"

John Cardillo, Former NYPD: "I am not sure that child was ever in that park. We live in a surveillance state right now. With all the ring and surveillance cameras in homes, businesses today, you really can't go anywhere without some surveillance camera capturing something. I have suspicions that the kid ever made it to the park itself."

He then goes on to talk about legal behavior and criminal behavior with the people at the park and witnesses.

Kathleen Murphy, North Carolina Family attorney: "They also talk about the 8 yr-old sister who was apparently with this mother and I have not heard anything that this 8 yr-old is saying and whether they were actually at this parking lot, whether the kids were actually with them. But it is concerning to me that nothing, nothing has come from this mother, that has been helpful."

They want her to take a polygraph.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace 10/11

Edits grammar corrections
Thanks, cass523, for sharing part of the podcast. I do agree with others here that trying to make a big deal over the use of "ground" versus "floor" smacks of someone who has never encountered a friend or relative who grew up surrounded by other languages. My Russian grandmother spoke "pidgin English," meaning she too misused many words. To try and apply statement analysis on something so trite is IMO unprofessional. A psychologist once told me a story of when he was giving an IQ test to a child from a lower income home who identified a water pitcher as a "Kool Aid Thing." He said technically it was a wrong answer but he understood the connotation given the kid's background.

And what source is the psychologist stating to back up her assertion that the police do not believe Dulce was ever at the park? Did she say where she got that information?

Furthermore, the discussion of Dulce never being at the park is essentially saying the 8-year-old is a liar. Do they not think LE is smart enough to vet the girl and quickly learn if she was lying to cover for Dulce's mother? Just because an attorney from another state and not related to the case believes LE should release a statement saying they can confirm Dulce was in the park means squat - and she should darn well know that.

So based on this my confidence level in NG is low. She chose her guests and she chose not to thoroughly fact check. Now, if you tell me NG challenged some of what these people said then I'm willing to admit that the podcast has value beyond publicity for Dulce's case.

BTW, none of this is aimed at you - I appreciate your sharing the contents of the podcast - but rather it's aimed at NG, and some of my frustration is because of those past cases.

And I do agree with parts. At 19 Dulce's mother appears to be a bit immature and I can understand some of the criticism. It is unexpected that she couldn't remember what Dulce was wearing regardless of who dressed her and in the convenience store video at times she appeared to be detached or distracted. IMO.

All MOO. And sorry for responding with a novella. :oops:

I don’t remember what I wore today. Well, now I do, but I had to think about it for a minute. I’m sure under pressure I wouldn’t have been able to come up with anything.
I don’t think the fact that Noema couldn’t immediately recall what Dulce was wearing points to her involvement. It could even slightly point to her innocence because she didn’t have that rehearsed. Albeit odd, none of the 911 call seemed rehearsed, IMO.

I'd like to thank everyone posting in the past couple of pages for being victim-friendly while an element of the media and the "experts" it is featuring are skewering Dulce's mother on flimsy grounds. This is why I don't pay much attention to NG, and why I'd rather read here than in the comments section of news outlets. (Or God forbid social media.) IMO Noema is not a perfect human being – who is? But there is no evidence nor even hearsay cause to insinuate she did anything wrong regarding Dulce. On top of the devastation of her little girl going missing, the criticism Noema is facing for everything from her parenting to her forgetfulness to her use of English is cruel piling-on by an assortment of self-righteous people who don't want to imagine they could ever be in her shoes. Skepticism is fine and necessary in an investigation, but an outright lack of compassion toward the family is not, and that is what I'm seeing from the so-called experts who are being asked their opinions from afar. Thanks again to all for rising above the mob that once again seems to be targeting the easiest prey.

edited to fix typo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members