Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney of person of interest addresses public; search continues for Cupcake

Just starting and can’t figure out how to post the live streaming here!
Actually has ended and now available to view.
so far he says the POI had nothing to do with the kidnapping - he's getting threats on FB, etc.

The vehicle belonged to him - he is employed in this area and he has an alibi for the 8:30 abduction of the child. Reporters are asking questions and he is answering. They were dating (the female POI and POI).
He does not know the child or the family members - he is now talking to the late arriving reporter(s)

Can someone hit the highlights please? I cant find captioning.
Claims Patrick had nothing to do with Cupcake's kidnapping.

Offers sympathy to family.

Emphasizing again he had nothing to do with kidnapping.

Patrick is denying all charges.

Patrick is disappointed in charges. Been threatened on Facebook. Upset about it.

He is still around, can't leave the state without permission of the court.

LE and FBI doing all they can to find Cupcake. Many phone calls not helpful with tips not helpful.

Bring child to safe place to drop off.

Vehicle towed belongs to Patrick. He was at the park for legitimate reasons earlier, was employed in the area of where abduction happened. Was in the area. The job is legitimate job, company not named for privacy. He does have a legitimate alibi for the time she went missing.

Patrick and Derick have a dating arrangement.

No relation to the family, he doesn't know the child.

Patrick made statements about his innocence to LE.

End of interview.

Best that I could to. I think I got it all?

Last edited:
Claims Patrick had nothing to do with Cupcake's kidnapping.

Offers sympathy to family.

Emphasizing again he had nothing to do with kidnapping.

Patrick is denying all charges.

Patrick is disappointed in charges. Been threatened on Facebook. Upset about it.

He is still around, can't leave the state without permission of the court.

LE and FBI doing all they can to find Cupcake. Many phone calls not helpful with tips not helpful.

Bring child to safe place to drop off.

Vehicle towed belongs to Patrick. He was at the park for legitimate reasons earlier, was employed in the area of where abduction happened. Was in the area.

Patrick and Derick have a dating arrangement.

No relation to the family, he doesn't know the child.

Patrick made statements about his innocence to LE.

End of interview.

Best that I could to. I think I got it all?

Thank you so much. Hitting the highlights like that is perfect. :)

Not that I can find - I wish they would because they haven't released much in the way of verified timeline information. Surely they must know by now when she was taken or is it still based on the kids who saw who grabbed and placed in the vehicle ? JMO
They won't release the 911 call due to 'ongoing investigation' I'm sure. It has been stated that there was a delay in reporting Cupcake missing, I'd like to know when they first noticed she was gone and how long did they wait until they actually contacted LE?

They won't release the 911 call due to 'ongoing investigation' I'm sure. It has been stated that there was a delay in reporting Cupcake missing, I'd like to know when they first noticed she was gone and how long did they wait until they actually contacted LE?
They did release the 911 call in Dulce's case, but I think that was around a week or two later.

This is my first post ever so if I do anything wrong please forgive me. Something I noticed during the FB live with the reporter following the volunteers, made me think of another scenario. The workers in the street looked like public works, possibly measuring and getting to paint a crosswalk. I also noticed that there didn't seem to be any crosswalks for pedestrians in the vicinity. KM's shoes were found in a parking lot. Could it be possible that someone hit or backed up a car over her, panicked, and took off with her rather than face the wrath of the family and friends in the area?

so far he says the POI had nothing to do with the kidnapping - he's getting threats on FB, etc.

The vehicle belonged to him - he is employed in this area and he has an alibi for the 8:30 abduction of the child. Reporters are asking questions and he is answering. They were dating (the female POI and POI).
He does not know the child or the family members - he is now talking to the late arriving reporter(s)

The lawyer says POI has an alibi for 8:30pm when the child went missing. But wasn’t there a delay in reporting the child missing? I thought police didn’t get there until 8:30pm. I mean he only lives 25 minutes away...

Around a two hour delay from time missing until reported missing. That sounds huge, but I'm sure they were searching area and just thinking she was in a neighbor's home.

I don't think they were unhappy about being followed around, they just seemed somber and focused on what they were doing. They were dressed in purple and wearing purple ribbons, going door to door and handing out fliers. The man who was interviewed at the end talked about how they were all doing whatever they could to help find Cupcake, that the family must be going through a very hard time, its hard to imagine it if you're not going through it, that she is just a little girl and she wouldn't understand what's going on and they just want to bring her home to her family.

Imo

You have a point there. Perhaps "happy" was the wrong word. I don't expect them to be happy while trying to spread the word about a missing child. My point was I felt like the reporter did not have their permission to follow them around. She wasn't embedded in with them as a volunteer herself and she seemed to walk up and ask them questions at random. It felt intrusive and inappropriate for her to trail behind and film them. I wondered if the volunteers shortened their time canvasing due to the reporter following them around. They skipped a lot of doors in the beginning when they first saw her following them and they immediately started walking to a completely different area. To me this made it look like there were trying to lose her/get out of camera shot so they could just do their work. Then they didn't go to every door and finished up their canvasing with flyers pretty quickly. I guess it's possible that they had a list of certain addresses where no one had made contact yet? But I felt the reporter's presence may have hindered the volunteers and may have prevented some people from answering their doors. If someone has info they want to share with a volunteer they aren't likely to do that while a reporter with a camera is standing out in front of their home. MOO.

That said, I think she means well and she said several times that she has 2 small children of her own. It was a good walking tour of the area. And she is trying to keep Cupcake's case in the news, which is good. I try not to be overly critical of the press because they are needed in cases like this to keep the story in the headlines. I think I'm simply annoyed and frustrated that this adorable child has not been found yet. :( MOO.

The lawyer did say he has a legitimate job, but that they can't name the company. Maybe I should edit that post.
Ah hah! a legitimate job - so he could have a 401K account depending on the employer - we can sleuth him anyone find out where he works yet? - but then how can he have a job and be indigent? how does that work in AL?

Around a two hour delay from time missing until reported missing. That sounds huge, but I'm sure they were searching area and just thinking she was in a neighbor's home.

Why would they be searching in neighbors homes for two hours when the 11 year old brother seen a man take Cupcake into a truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa