AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads about children are always so painful. I applaud all of you working hard to find any little tidbit of info that might help find this beautiful child.

Right now it doesn't matter whether we think the bio Mom was exhibiting good parenting skills or not. It just matters that we find Dulce. I'm pushing aside my own personal judgement to focus on the search, and anything I can contribute of value.

I will say however, that it appeared as if Dulce's extended family took good care of her. She was well nourished, nicely dressed, hair nicely styled, and she appeared happy and without anxiety. These are the trademarks of a child being well cared for.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This is triggering me but good to write my opinion. Dulse is gone if you wanted to go some where private.. Where would you go? I am not local bit i think dude was local so where would he go. Any rivers or water close by.
I am taking a break for a day or so

Not related but cbs 42 on fb was live. They believe they located cupcakes remains. Heartbreaking. I can only believe LE is still working tirelessly to locate Dulce.
In Cupcake's case LE seemed to have been on top of things right away. There was a photo of person of interest released quickly. We haven't seen any such thing in Dulce's case.

In Cupcake's case LE seemed to have been on top of things right away. There was a photo of person of interest released quickly. We haven't seen any such thing in Dulce's case.
We have that one sketch, mentioned as a potential witness. But nothing seems to have come from it (except a very strange recently removed YouTube video.)

We have that one sketch, mentioned as a potential witness. But nothing seems to have come from it (except a very strange recently removed YouTube video.)
That came a month after the disappearance. Whereas in Cupcake's case police seemed to have been on top of it very quickly. Photo of person of interest and his car released, two persons of interested arrested, charged in unrelated cases, but now looks like they will be charged in Cupcake's case. I am not blaming police here, sounds like they worked hard, but so far all the effort led to nowhere.

Last edited:
I can understand why she would say no.
She has already been criticized and accused by the community for every word she says.
On the second day after Dulce went missing, one of the people helping to search offered her a slice of pizza because she had not eaten in 36 hours.
Someone screamed at her and cursed at her for daring to eat while her child is missing.
I'm sure she wishes she had done things differently, but I think it was a smart move not to list all those things and be subject to more scrutiny.
She is carrying around enough guilt as it is. How does it help now to point out all the things she should have done?

It's too bad instead if criticizing the family, the community did not help her get the word out to the media and search for her instead of blaming her. The focus should be on finding the child and the anger should be directed towards the perpetrator.

And yes, she is probably riddled with guilt and sleepless nights wondering and wishing she could have done things differently.

It was insensitive for the interviewer to even ask her that question. It's only been a month. All it does is give people another reason to criticize her.

Dulce may never be found and is most likely deceased. How someone could ask her if she can think of anything she would have done differently at this point is beyond me.

Imo
I completely agree. Why in the world did they ask her such a question? I'm sorry, but would they have asked her that if she was a 30 year old white woman? Doubt it. (JMO) This victim blaming mentality has got to end for Dulce's sake. She needs to be found.

Last edited:
Cupcake...found in a dumpster. Nevaeh...found in a landfill. I have been here from the beginning but do not recall if LE searched dumpsters or isolated trash being taken to landfills the week of Dulce's disappearance. Anyone know?

Grandma and spokesperson for the family just did a Facebook live pc on Fox 29..Trying to add the video here but not working o_O Should be up on the FOX 29 page shortly. Spokesperson for the family said the family hasn't had any updates from LE in aprox 3-4 weeks. Mom didn't speak due to harassment she has been receiving. They are having another search in the park on Sunday 27th.

Last edited:
I'm getting the feeling that LE thinks mom is involved so they aren't taking this serious. We've all seen cases that go in the wrong direction from the beginning and then they never get solved because of so much wasted time.

Or LE just doesn't care about Dulce.

Grandma and spokesperson for the family just did a Facebook live pc on Fox 29..Trying to add the video here but not working o_O Should be up on the FOX 29 page shortly. Spokesperson for the family said the family hasn't had any updates for LE in aprox 3-4 weeks. Mom didn't speak due to harassment she has been receiving. They are having another search in the park on Sunday 27th.

“We would like to invite everyone to come together again this weekend for a massive search,” family friend Jackie Rodriguez said during the press conference. “On that day, we will be combing several areas that have not yet to be searched. We would never give up on you Dulce Maria, and we are asking you, the public, to not give up on her.”

Family Of 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Announce Plans For New Search This Weekend

An interpreter for Dulce's grandmother said that a "massive search" of civilians will be conducted on Sunday. They will go door-to-door with fliers and check areas "that have not yet been searched."

The search, which will cover parts of Bridgeton and other nearby cities, begins on Sunday, 10/27 at 9 a.m. at the park.

The Bridgeton Police Chief said that law enforcement will have no involvement in Sunday's efforts.

The family plans to pass out fliers of the sketch that authorities recently released of a man who is believe to be a "possible witness." They hope someone will recognize the man, who was allegedly at the Bridgeton City Park around the time Dulce went missing.

New search planned for missing 5-year-old

Last edited:
I wish I lived close by. I would definitely help them search. I just hope LE is on the case and knows what they are doing. I don’t think mom or family is involved. I think this is much like Cupcake’s case :(

Not every town uses a landfill. Not sure about communities in NJ, but where I live, our trash goes to a transfer station where things get sorted, compacted, and shipped out. Recycled items go to different places, based on the material, paper or plastic. Regular refuse goes to a plant where it is incinerated. Electronics and appliances get sent somewhere, too, but I'm not sure where.
We do have landfills, but the majority of them were closed down due to hazardous conditions, and most of our garbage goes to a transfer station now, then it ultimately gets burned.

Are there no cameras nearby?? I wish every park/playground had them. What about nearby businesses? It’s been sooo long :( There has to be someone out there that has info.
I always take pics of my kids at the playgrounds we go to. Maybe someone has pics from that day???
MOO

Are there no cameras nearby?? I wish every park/playground had them. What about nearby businesses? It’s been sooo long :( There has to be someone out there that has info.
I always take pics of my kids at the playgrounds we go to. Maybe someone has pics from that day???
MOO
Yes, from the beginning LE asked for the public to give them any pictures or video they may have to help with the investigation.
I think they said they have about 500 vehicles or surveillance footage that they have been investigating.

Imo

Yes, from the beginning LE asked for the public to give them any pictures or video they may have to help with the investigation.
I think they said they have about 500 vehicles or surveillance footage that they have been investigating.

Imo
Thank you, MsBetsy!! That is a lot for LE to go through. I so hope they find something!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53