Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
".....I tried, I really tried....just existing, not living...not thriving....."
Somebody has started to have grave reservations about this relationship/marriage.
So who's really the most 'unhappy'?
Who's demanding the changes?

Reading between the lines I sense they may be headed for a breakup. they can blame it on mental illness, the press, the harsh criticism of
the Royal Family etc, but I believe reality of
the day to day circumstances and failure to adjust willingly to the life the two have created
is causing this breakdown of the marriage.
They both need to look in the mirror for the
reasons they're so unhappy.

Yes, MM was announcing the breakup in her
interview. This marriage has crashed and burned.

No way, IMO. She’s been paving the way to being a Princess for a long time and she’s not there yet. She may get that title when Charles ascends the throne. I see her as a narcissist who is seeking to divide and conquer. Who knows what her end game is!

@gregjrichards and @Lilibet

I apologize for ruining this most wonderful thread.

I just cannot standby and let this woman MM speak badly of the royal family and especially William and Catherine. They are such a wonderful family.

The royal family did everything possible to please MM and its just not enough.

MOO... And I'll move into another thread til this dies down. My hope is Charles will intervene and cut the money supply that's supplying her nasty comments.

Why are you suddenly singling me out @Simply Southern? Did you not read my earlier reply in response to your apology? I haven’t commented on your other posts and I certainly never said you are ruining the thread! There’s no need to leave on my account. :)

No need to apologize at all, @Simply Southern. I didn’t mean to come down hard on you personally. The wording just pushed some buttons for me. :eek: :D

I agree about the “stiff upper lip” comment, even though it didn’t come across quite as bad when I saw the video. But it did show disrespect for a national characteristic that is particularly a characteristic of the BRF. That was not a good look and I was disappointed in Meghan too.

Last edited:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has joked about being "a good wife" while Prince Charles is out of town.

The Duchess toured the UK town of Bath solo on Tuesday while her husband, The Prince of Wales was in Tokyo for the new Emperor's enthronement ceremony.

After opening the new Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases (RNHRD) and Brownsword Therapies Centre at Royal United Hospitals Bath, the 71-year-old made her way to The Bath Soft Cheese Company.
Duchess of Cornwall jokes about being 'a good wife' while Prince Charles is away

Why are you suddenly singling me out @Simply Southern? Did you not read my earlier reply in response to your apology? I haven’t commented on your other posts and I certainly never said you are ruining the thread! There’s no need to leave on my account.

Oh, I was tagging you and gregrichards because I always enjoy your post and all the wonderful things you both post. I wanted to say sorry for being so negative about MM and Harry. This is your homeland, and I don't want you or Greg to think I disrespect the royal family.

You are always, so knowledgeable and post such interesting information and I enjoy your post. Its always such a light hearted thread. I feel I contributed to the negativity.

I need to take my own advice an be more respectful!!!!

Please, I meant no offence and apologize, in no way did I mean you had spoken of my post. You are always positive and very respectful. I was the one who was disrespectful.

I guess I did the same thing I accused MM of.

Oh, I was tagging you and gregrichards because I always enjoy your post and all the wonderful things you both post. I wanted to say sorry for being so negative about MM and Harry. This is your homeland, and I don't want you or Greg to think I disrespect the royal family.

You are always, so knowledgeable and post such interesting information and I enjoy your post. Its always such a light hearted thread. I feel I contributed to the negativity.

I need to take my own advice an be more respectful!!!!

Please, I meant no offence and apologize, in no way did I mean you had spoken of my post. You are always positive and very respectful. I was the one who was disrespectful.

I guess I did the same thing I accused MM of.

Hugs @Simply Southern! These stupid misunderstandings! No worries. I’m easily confused. o_O

Just to clarify, despite my QE-referencing screen name and English ancestors, I’m an American citizen and live in Oregon. So I don’t have a (homeland) dog in this fight, as they say.

I don’t think you’re being disrespectful. Although I’m not ready to agree about Meghan’s motives, I am disappointed in both of them. Harry was born into this and had no choice but Meghan had a choice and had to know what she could be getting into. I wish they’d have just dealt with this in private. But since I’m an “old school” don’t-air-your-dirty-laundry-in-public type of person, I wasn’t too thrilled with Diana’s interview years ago either. :eek:

I’m sure we all want the best for Harry and Megan, regardless of mistakes they’ve made or their internal struggles. I hope they can pull themselves together for the sake of Archie and out of respect for the Queen, if nothing else.

More hugs! :)

Several have mentioned PTSD as a possible issue with Harry and it got me to thinking about Harry's 1st Afghanistan tour. He was on the ground and in the thick of action during that tour. That can and often does leave emotional scars even though it was what he wanted.
Now let's add to his emotions being shipped out months earlier than his unit because of (this alone can cause feelings of guilt)....The Media outing him. Putting not just his life but the lives of those in his unit. Another emotional/mental kick caused by the Media.
Yeah I can see why the camera clicks and light flashes can get to him and not just because of his mother.

I hope they both get help.

Respectfully... Not sure this would hold up in a U.S. court. Under the US birthright law, Archie is entitled to US citizenship. Could this be the reason H &M chose no title for him?

Could this be one of the reasons for the visit?

I liked MM in the beginning, but moving to a new country with objectives to change the royal family has given me a different feeling.

I can see she loves being in front of a camera. It is her chosen career.

This US trip to visit granny is going to cost the US tax payers a small fortune. As, her trip to NYC for the baby shower did. Local police, Secret Service will be I full force trying to protect these three.

Moo

There were a number of articles around the time of Archie's birth about him being a US citizen from his mother's US citizenship. Apparently it means he has to pay US taxes and he can't opt out of the citizenship until he's 16 (or 18?)

The title has nothing to do with his citizenship. I think the lack of title is more to allow him the option of a non-Royal life and being able to choose his own occupation and path in life without being encumbered by the title or expectations of royal duties.

I think it's also worth remembering that the Queen and Prince Philip, before she became ER2 lived in Malta. The former king Edward VIII lived for a while in the Caribbean and then settled in France and he kept his title of Duke of Windsor, and I think he had the Royal Highness, while his wife was the Duchess of Windsor and (I think) did not have the right to call herself Royal Highness. So, living in another country doesn't seem to affect titles or the right to be 'royal'.

Harry has gotten help.

They are being totally real. I guess I am a Velveteen Rabbit kind of woman.

Doesn’t anyone wonder why there are so many people on mood altering drugs either prescribed or taken illegally or self medicated like with alcohol?

Suicide is at an all time high for kids in the US.

Harry and Meghan are totally an example to me.

They have a privileged life. They have money. He is incredibly fit and she is as well for sure because of her yoga practice.

Rather than living shallow lives going from one party to the next, they have made the decision to do good works.

But no. They will not be left alone. Everything about them is scrutinized and commented upon,

Harry scolded her when she was supposed to facing front.
Her family acts like something out of a dysfunctional textbook example.

Everything she wears, her hair, her make up is ripped apart.

They happen to be human beings . They have far more amazing gifts physically and monetarily than most, for sure. But that does not make it any easier to live under the constant negative barbs. Yes, the media. Yes, they have printed plenty of negative stories some more ridiculous than the next. Making a big deal out of a hug. Seriously?

To me, it is fun to look at the things that I will never be able to do. No tiaras for me or traveling and meeting the movers and shakers of the world.

Hopefully most of us have our own lives and can enjoy what others have to share .

I do not understand the venom. There are plenty of people for venom. Those that are causing actual harm to other human beings.

Prince Charles is 'furious' that his sons' reported feuds have 'completely undermined' and 'utterly annihilated' his own work abroad, a royal source has claimed.

Prince Charles 'is furious at his sons reported feuds' | Daily Mail Online

I’m not surprised if Prince Charles is angry I bet Her Majesty is too.

Harry said they are feuding? I missed that.

and Charles is angry about his meeting with a rugby team is messed up? And Charles is angry that his documentary is interfered with?

I think Charles has managed to live through all kinds of difficult things such as all of the revelations of Camilla, being cast as the villain with Diana, being made fun of because of his love of organic farming, and his brother , the pedophile.

I don’t believe that he would be so petty and petulant

Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will hold a reception for the NATO leaders at Buckingham Palace on the 70th anniversary of the founding of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

It will take place on Tuesday, December 3, Buckingham Palace announced, adding that additional details will be announced in good time.

Klaus Iohannis is appointed by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace: Donald Trump and Angela Merkel will not be missing – News from sources

I think there will be 30 NATO world leaders attending. Given how the G7’s have been going lately, there will probably be some drama!!

Maybe the timing of H&M’s holiday leave is fortunate here.
-imo...

Harry said they are feuding? I missed that.

and Charles is angry about his meeting with a rugby team is messed up? And Charles is angry that his documentary is interfered with?

I think Charles has managed to live through all kinds of difficult things such as all of the revelations of Camilla, being cast as the villain with Diana, being made fun of because of his love of organic farming, and his brother , the pedophile.

I don’t believe that he would be so petty and petulant

Yes, as if his own life and affairs for sooo many years haven't taken away from ALL of their work at the time. Please!

Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will hold a reception for the NATO leaders at Buckingham Palace on the 70th anniversary of the founding of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

It will take place on Tuesday, December 3, Buckingham Palace announced, adding that additional details will be announced in good time.

Klaus Iohannis is appointed by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace: Donald Trump and Angela Merkel will not be missing – News from sources

I think there will be 30 NATO world leaders attending. Given how the G7’s have been going lately, there will probably be some drama!!

Maybe the timing of H&M’s holiday leave is fortunate here.
-imo...

Her Majesty has my sympathies having to endure these functions with world leaders.

They both come off as immature to me. At 37, she speaks like she is 23. Him as well. Modernizing is not acting like petulant children while humiliating your grandparents and whining about how awful it is to be a royal; especially whilst in a country whose people have real problems.

The source said: “It’s a real shame that Harry and Meghan didn’t go to Balmoral. That’s where the family talk about these things. There has also been at least one occasion when Charles invited Meghan to an event, she accepted and then didn’t turn up.

"You can’t do that. When the Royal Family send you an invitation you go, short of dying. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be there.”

Prince Charles' fury at Harry and Wills feud - and being 'let down' when Meghan Markle cancelled on him

Do you think this is true? If it is then it is terrible bad manners I wouldn’t do that to a father-in-law, Future King and the man paying for my designer clothes and lifestyle.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex quietly carrying out royal household duties -- on a military obstacle course, no less!!!

Soldier Sophie! Countess nervously faces an obstacle course | Daily Mail Online

20035494-7600533-image-a-21_1571750397248.jpg

IMHO not for me!!! That's one brave & agile lady!!!

and a hug with less press attention:

20037358-7600533-image-a-42_1571751881757.jpg

Both images copies from the linked article.

JMHO she's MAHvelous!

“Royal aides have apparently hit back at claims that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are 'single-handedly' modernising the monarchy.

One senior staffer said the Queen was the most modernising head of state in the royal family's history, according to a report.

They added that she and the Duke of Edinburgh had transformed the monarchy from a medieval institution into a modern one, it is claimed.

The comments were made in response to sources close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex claiming they were dragging the family into the 21st century.”

Queen 'our most modernising monarch ever' say 'aides' to Meghan and Harry's pals

57DCAF8F-D45F-428E-B4CE-8A2DCC8F2AC4.jpeg

It would be great to be a fly on the wall in Buckingham Palace right now to hear what the royal family and the staff are saying about this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios