Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, finally!! Why this has been kept quiet for the last 8 months I don’t know... someone might have recalled something about it if it had been mentioned at the time.

Family trying to protect Leah as they knew this would be the story and not going missing?

Renember the rabbithole of a case that is Corrie 'happily single, no mental health issues' Mckeague....

I wonder why it has been revealed now .Have the police been doing more investigations or did a witness come forward after the recent publicity .Were the Croucher's forced to reveal this?

I think it's more likely that Leah's family were frustrated after the Blue Lagoon lake search yielded nothing so they decided to approach the MK Citizen with the story of Leah's relationship with Mr X, and the Citizen agreed to go ahead and publish the story.

Continuing to keep Leah's name in the public eye is only a good thing and, as Chimpface said earlier, puts pressure on the police to maybe re-assess Mr X's alibi's on the evening/night of 3 Feb, the early evening of the 14 Feb and the morning of the 15 Feb.

I imagined the same man due to the possibly ‘arranged’ marriage.

with regard to hotel booking question...I said phone number as I imagine a hotel booking would capture a phone number even if the booking were made online.

Now that more has come out on this story, I change my initial view that she left voluntarily. I think many will put two and two together which can't be stated here, but obviously her family have strong suspicions. I think her having an affair with an older, engaged/married man would have not been looked upon favourably by his partner or his or her family either.

I am still wondering why Leah was paying for taxis and hotel rooms, if he wasn’t contributing.Maybe he paid for meals etc. I know she lived with parents but I got the impression he was in a slightly more senior role than hers and presumably on more money. He presumably didn’t run a car if she was getting taxis. I assume he has no children if he were getting married to someone in his own religion or however you want to say it. Presumably he doesn’t have his own place if he couldn’t take her there.

I’m thinking they’ve maybe disclosed this after seeing how Sarah Wellgreens ex was convicted though her body has never been found. By putting the information out publicly and another date and location it might jog people’s memories or if the mans fiancé/wife didn’t know of the affair but had suspicions it might alert her to ‘unusual’ behaviour. Her family must be absolutely beside themselves. I can understand why they were reluctant to disclose this private information as they probably didn’t want Leah to be judged by and want everyone to support finding her 100%. Poor girl she’s been young and naive and this man should have known better...

My problem is that I think (at least) two people must be involved, excluding Leah. If she has not been found, I can’t see how one person could have made her disappear by themselves. If she had been found, I could probably believe it was down to one person. this is just my own opinion and a theory. If I knew the chap in question then that may change everything.

My problem is that I think (at least) two people must be involved, excluding Leah. If she has not been found, I can’t see how one person could have made her disappear by themselves. If she had been found, I could probably believe it was down to one person. this is just my own opinion and a theory. If I knew the chap in question then that may change everything.
This is the thing, rbbm, more than one person, perhaps more than one romance.
Not sure if i should link L's brother's early comments atm,until they get repeated in the news, but the word groom comes to mind.
imo, speculation.

Hi all, catching up tonight. To provide a little local insight. A taxi from Leah's house to a central mk hotel would be about a fiver. If the taxi picked someone else up en route from another area of mk, say an estate further north, that could explain the thirteen quid cost.

£13 seems such a lot of money for a taxi for a teenager whose parents And siblings presumably drive and especially if there are buses. I can’t think of any reason why she would be paying that except to see X.

A recap of what has been released in MSM so far.

The hotel booking on 3rd Feb
Her family stating she was involved with a married man, or a man who was engaged and due to have an arranged marriage
The night before she disappeared (14th Feb valentine's day) Leah turned off location on her mobile
That same night, Leah told her family she was meeting a friend. This was a lie. No one has as far as we know come forward yet to say Leah was in fact with them
Leah was only out for about an hour that night
The next day she sets off for work but there is no cctv beyond the lake area
Later that morning a girl matching Leah's description is seen crying into a mobile phone at the lake. No one has come forward to identify themselves as the crying girl (afa we know)

Was Leah becoming a problem to someone or their family?

Hmmmmm :oops:

The Sun printed the comments back in May, there may have been other papers who did but this is the first one that came up:
Missing Leah Croucher's brother warned over threats to her married boyfriend after blaming him for her disappearance

Haydon must have been very upset to hear his father and stepmother repeatedly say in public that every thing was normal and Leah was not in a relationship.

If the truth was in the public domain from the day she went missing then more information could possibly have been given by potential witnesses.
I also think the national press might also have shown more interest.

MK CITIZEN 29.10.19

On Saturday February 3, twelve days before Leah disappeared, she announced she was going to book a hotel room and have a girlie night with two female friends, drinking alcohol and gossiping.

Leah's dad dropped her at the Jury's Inn at Central Milton Keynes and waved goodbye as she walked off.

It was only much later, when her bank statement arrived some time after Leah's disappearance, that the Crouchers realised their daughter had lied to them.

"Her statement showed she had booked a room at the cheaper hotel nearby - the Travelodge," said Claire. "We checked with her friends, of course, and they said they hadn't been with her that night.

"We believe she was with X, but did not want to tell us."

So have the police checked what Mr X was up to on 3 February? Wonder what his alibi was for that night?
Surly there must be cctv of this night

Have been wondering the same all along. speculation, imo.
Missing Leah Croucher, 19, was having affair with engaged man, family reveal | Daily Mail Online
"'Her behaviour changed, ever so slightly."
'I didn't really take much notice at the time but now, having had eight and a half months to think about it, I realise she had become a bit more moody, which was totally out of character.'"

Wow the bit about having an alibi - I wonder if the person who gave the alibi will read that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa