UK - 39 bodies found in lorry container, Essex, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So RH owned the cab (tractor) yet on EH insta it is pictured clearly showing his own name on the front of ir. Is this usual business? I always thought the company name went there for advertisng on the go purposes.[/QUOTE

Same make but different truck

Must have been a reason they did not stop,so if not people,could be drugs or cigarettes .
Could be neither, probably thought they were tugging truck infront by the way it cut in?

I see no money laundering charges or concealing, converting criminal property, and acquiring criminal property for Eamon Harrison.

I don't recall seeing that his property has been raided unless I missed it or it was not reported on? Surely it was done by police?

He should have similar charges to Mo, or even harsher as he was the one who moved people from France to Belgium and he was the one who locked all 39 in the fridge.
Chances are he’s still living at home with parents. His trucks on Instagram are not the same class as the one Mo drove. Renault Magnum which is not great. The one he had was having a tidy up, nothing extravagant imo

Update:

Friday 1 November 2019 19:20

Statement from Assistant Chief Constable Tim Smith.
Officer in overall charge of the investigation into the deaths of 39 men and women discovered at Grays, Essex on 23rd October 2019.

“Essex Police is continuing to work closely with HM Senior Coroner and the National Crime Agency to progress the investigation and help identify the victims. At this time, we believe the victims are Vietnamese nationals, and we are in contact with the Vietnamese Government. We are in direct contact with a number of families in Vietnam and the UK, and we believe we have identified families for some of the victims whose journey ended in tragedy on our shores. The confirmatory evidence needed to formally present cases to HM Senior Coroner for her consideration has not yet been obtained. This evidence is being gathered across a number of jurisdictions worldwide. As a result, we cannot at this time announce the identity of any of the victims. We will continue to co-operate closely with the Vietnamese Government, and others, to identify the victims and offer our support to all those affected by this tragedy. From the outset, our thoughts have been and remain with those who have lost loved ones in this tragic incident.

I would like to continue to appeal to anyone who has information that may assist us in our process to identify the victims to please contact Essex Police.

Details of how you can pass information can be found at mipp.police.uk where there are also details on how to contact us translated in to Vietnamese.

We have specially trained people, supported by Vietnamese interpreters, answering our dedicated hotline between 9am to midnight, seven days a week on 0800 056 0944 if you live in the UK and 0044 207 158 0010 if you’re dialling internationally.

Please come forward and help us to provide answers to the 39 people’s families.”

Murder investigation launched after 39 people found dead in lorry container | Essex Police

Thank you HayLouise for all the updates, I am having trouble keeping up with the threads and chats I'm following at the moment so appreciate you posting all the links etc...

I cant believe what I'm reading really, 39 lives lost because of these greedy sick people. I really hope everyone involved is charged, convicted and never released.

I wonder if Mo didn’t give their names? And that the company that leased the trailer also withheld information long enough for the Hughes to have time to abscond?
Very much doubt the trailer hire company were one of the first to offer tracing information, they Are a large company, very much doubt that they have any links!!!

Ronan called the police himself right after Mo got arrested, like 2 a.m. or something. All nosy and trying to get information. He tipped himself off if nothing else. Smart.
I'm more inclined to think that mo called the ambulance then his boss ronan and ronan called the police in that order would make more sense in my opinion!! F me iv just opened the back and *advertiser censored* hit the fan!! now what should i do ronan?!!!! Rowan calls cops denied any knowledge of anything, then sods of to let his drivers take the bullet,

Last edited:
So they have recently spoken to Ronan twice by phone. I had assumed they meant on the night the ambulance was called too, possibly not now.

Why are these men prolonging the inevitable...?
Do we have any other sources for the two phone calls as this is the sun and not a trusted news sauce imo

I'm more inclined to think that mo called the ambulance then his boss ronan and ronan called the police in that order would make more sense in my opinion!! F me iv just opened the back and **** hit the fan!! now what should i do ronan?!!!! Rowan calls cops denied any knowledge of anything, then sods of to let his drivers take the bullet,
Totally agree! Going on the run is doing them no good whatsoever. Young lads left carrying the can! There’s your man a spineless. I hope when they do get them because they will their sentence will reflect this malarkey

So they have recently spoken to Ronan twice by phone. I had assumed they meant on the night the ambulance was called too, possibly not now.

Why are these men prolonging the inevitable...?
They don’t want to go too jail

Very much doubt the trailer hire company were one of the first to offer tracing information, they Are a large company, very much doubt that they have any links!!!
The trailer company gave information right off the bat. Their name was seen by thousands on that trailer. Bad press. They immediately gave statement that they didn’t know and gave all info over to the police.

There is chinese whispers that the family name of those who own trailer company has strong links to smuggling into Ireland for many years.

Vietnamese turn to traffickers to help chase fortunes abroad
November 1, 2019 rbbm.
DIEN THINH, Vietnam - For many Vietnamese, a job in a Western European country is seen as a path to prosperity worth breaking the law. But the risks of doing so are high and the consequences can be deadly, as the discovery of 39 bodies in a truck in England last week proved.

The victims were believed to be Vietnamese who had paid traffickers to smuggle them into Britain. And now residents of this small rural Vietnamese community fear that two cousins were among the dead in the refrigerated cargo container.

“I miss him very much,” said Hoang Van Lanh, who anxiously awaited word on the fate of his 18-year-old son, Hoang Van Tiep. But he added, “That's life. We have to sacrifice to earn a better living. Tiep is a good son. He wants to go overseas to work and take care of parents when we get old. He insisted to go, for a better life.”

"The journey of thousands of miles to Western Europe is dangerous, especially for women and children.

“There is a very high risk for them to be sexually exploited on the way,” Mimi Vu, an anti-trafficking activist based in Vietnam. “If you are travelling by yourself among a bunch of men, what do you think is going to happen? ... If these people think they can make money off of you, they will make money off of you.”

Safe passage hardly brings the migrants closer to any financial reward. The extortionate smuggling fees leave many migrants in a state of bondage.

They typically have to pay $40,000 to $50,000 to be smuggled into England, plus interest, and when they get there, money is withheld from their meagre pay, leaving them with little if any, Vu said. Paying off the debt can take years.

There are legal and safe ways for Vietnamese to earn money overseas. They are not cheap, but they are less expensive than dealing with traffickers. Travel arranged by legitimate overseas employment agencies normally ranges from $3,000 to $5,000."

“If they stay in school and continue the education, they can go overseas through regulated and legitimate agents,” Vu said. “But
they want to get rich faster because they are fed with false information about salary and the lives in England.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419