UK - 39 bodies found in lorry container, Essex, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder then, how much assistance Nica has given towards the apprehension of the mysterious Draghici and the unnamed man.

And who was in the cab with Harrison? Another mysterious person so far not named.

In any case whoever that person was and whatever his role, if EH knew there were people in the back he can be found guilty of manslaughter whatever anyone else was doing or not doing. 'Joint Enterprise'. Unless he was forced at gunpoint, or something.

These drivers who drive refrigerated trailers are trained to manage the temperature - they are responsible for ensuring that the temperature inside the trailer remains as prescribed, they make decisions as to whether to leave the fridge motor running all night, or on 'stop start' etc and checking the temperature is part of their routine. EH would have been easily aware of the temperature in the trailer when he delivered it, and that it wasn't heated up by biscuits, or even smuggled cigarettes, as CK claims to have thought he was carrying. Tho' I suppose they could claim that they didn't look at the temperature as biscuits and smuggled cigarettes presumably travel at ambient temperatures.

I doubt that the refrigerated trailers carrying biscuits/cigarettes would of been temperature set. This particular trailer did show the temperature and GPS, but it does not mean it was actually ticking over.
There is no reason whatsoever to have it on and running for an un-perishable load. Makes no sense. We do know that on that last fateful trip it was not on, the GPS route the trailer took was explained in court, the increase of inside temperature was also known as people were loaded in the back, and the time ticked by.

Seams more people were involved than previously thought, and upto now CCTV and witnesses only placed EH with the truck and the trailer on its route through France and upto Zebrugge. No one said as far as we know that there was ‘someone else’ spotted in the vehicle or even with EH. The farm has always intrigued me, it was habited, and yet it was used regularly weekly on some occasions by this gang, yet the tenants never informed the police?

Fully aware that biscuits etc would not need the fridge unit to be running, and that it certainly was not on the fateful trip. I just thought that drivers of fridge units might be used to noticing the temperature as routine and therefore see it was rising. Clearly the unit records the internal temperature, even when the fridge unit is turned off...but it may not be easily visible anyway.

EH was located by GPS to be at the place where it seems (from eye witnesses, and the lack of any other reason to visit that spot) the migrants were loaded. It is barely credible that he was not aware that people were entering the trailer. Especially if it was visible to passing witnesses from whom you might think they would make great efforts to hide!

Trial still paused as the police witness's COVID test has not yet been returned.

Nica's lawyer was hinting at other criminal activities - interesting in the context of Maher's drug smuggling conviction and CK's statement that he thought they were smuggling cigarettes (the reason for RH's previous prison sentence)
Smuggler charged with migrant lorry deaths was awaiting UK passport | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if RH, MR will be called as witness? If any have mentioned EH or CK in statements, despite them pleading ‘Guilty’ they are surely able to be cross examined by the defence? Is this a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52