Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link: City of Auburn News

Nov. 6, 2019- UPDATE:

The Auburn Police Division is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a person captured on video surveillance inside the convenience store at the time Aniah Haley Blanchard was last seen and disappeared on Oct. 23. The individual in the video is described as a black male, early-mid 20’s, approximately 200 lbs., and is between 5’-8” and 5’-10”. He is wearing dark-colored pants, dark-colored shoes and a camouflage colored hooded jacket with “Vans” in white writing across the back. Additionally, the individual in the video was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car, silver or grey in color.

She either wants to insert herself in the situation or divert attention away from the crime. I pray that it is not the latter. JMO

If you read through her Twitter account she appears to be a very sad, disturbed and troubled young lady with identified mental health issues. I doubt she and Aniah were close friends. MOO

City of Auburn News

pic of man in convenience store they are searching for

Pretty clear photo! This makes me think she was approached and he was hitting on her or something. Then he ran her off the road maybe. I don't know. I just know this dude knows he was in the same store as a girl that is missing and he needs to step up now!

City of Auburn News

pic of man in convenience store they are searching for

I really thought LE was keeping info close to the vest because they had a good idea of who the perp was and what happened, this is kind of disappointing. At least it’s a pretty good pic and description of the car so I expect him to be identified rather quickly.

Seems like it was just a random, chance encounter with a terrible person at the Chevron if this is indeed the perp. Ugh.

Would they put his pic out there if it was just some random dude they had video of but couldn’t identify? Or must they have more that ties him to the case?
I really thought LE was keeping info close to the vest because they had a good idea of who the perp was and what happened, this is kind of disappointing. At least it’s a pretty good pic and description of the car so I expect him to be identified rather quickly.

Seems like it was just a random, chance encounter with a terrible person at the Chevron if this is indeed the perp. Ugh.

I noticed in the video of her at the convenience store , that there was a pair of “black pants” walking in the opposite direction (iirc). I wonder if this is the same individual? Again I’m behind in here, so perhaps this was mentioned as a possibility previously.

Finally a BOLO
They will find him quick.
Pic creeps me out.
I agree. If he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time he best be making himself known to LE. It’s a very good pic and I bet someone will recognize him soon. For those who followed the Cupcake McKinney case it’s a much better image than the video that was shared in her case.

Wonder if his car had any damage?

I was just wondering about that, the FBI agent I saw interviewed about this case mentioned “light paint”, iirc. I suppose silver or gray would/could be light.

ETA: Excellent news that there’s a pic. Hoping they will find him soon, which is often the case after a clear picture is released.

Last edited:
I noticed in the video of her at the convenience store , that there was a pair of “black pants” walking in the opposite direction (iirc). I wonder if this is the same individual? Again I’m behind in here, so perhaps this was mentioned as a possibility previously.
I think this was discussed earlier and most people thought the man was exiting the store. I couldn’t determine which direction he was going.

They also are quoted saying "IF" this was her texting....(several times). I think there is a smidge of doubt.
Agree with this. Having teenagers, it’s hard to pinpoint their vernacular. Some days it’s hyper and silly, other times it’s emotional and dramatic. My high schooler thinks it’s funny to give her phone to a friend and see how long I will text with them before I figure out it’s not her. There are some convos that are so generic it’s impossible to tell.

I was just wondering about that, the FBI agent I saw interviewed about this case mentioned “light paint”, iirc. I suppose silver or gray would/could be light.

ETA: Excellent news that there’s a pic. Hoping they will find him soon, which is often the case after a clear picture is released.
It just begs the question that Aniah wouldn’t have had time to call somebody if she was just side swiped

It doesn’t seem like they arrived together though, since he was in a different vehicle

Right. I was thinking he may have introduced himself at the store as she was leaving or something. Maybe he kind of creeped her out and she responded to roommate with his name (or at least the name he gave her) and that she just met him. I have been approached many times and having been raised to be polite, I would make small talk until I could leave. I wonder if she was not wanting to be rude yet sent that in case this guy didn't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get