Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
Wow, hadn’t heard that part. Can you point me to an article where I can read more about the texts about their problems?
I don’t recall where I read this. Does anyone else remember? I’ll try and find it.

I live in the Columbus area and I am familiar with the Easton area.

One thing to keep in mind is that it was between 3:30 to 4:30 a.m. on an early Sunday morning when Tyler was last seen in the Easton area.

Now the only place that I know of that is open at that hour on an early Sunday morning at Easton is Steak and Shake. Steak and Shake is a hamburger restaurant that is open 24/7.

A few other 24 hour restaurants in the Columbus area that I know of, Tee Jayes and Waffle House, are located several miles from Easton in other areas of Columbus.

Here is a general overview of the Easton area of Columbus.

Easton is located between two creeks and a reservoir.

Alum Creek is west of Easton, near the intersection of Morse Road and Sunbury Road. Alum Creek is connected to a dam and a reservoir in Delaware County known as Alum Creek Lake.

Big Walnut Creek is east of Interstate 270 (The Outerbelt) near the intersection of Morse Road and Stygler Road. Big Walnut Creek is connected to a dam and reservoir in Franklin County known as Hoover Reservoir. It is also known by locals in the Columbus area as Hoover Dam.

Hoover Reservoir is located several miles north of Easton and it is on Sunbury Road, north of Central College Road.

There’s not much traffic during the early morning hours on Morse Road in the Easton area. But during the daytime hours, traffic is extremely heavy on Morse Road everyday of the week. And during the weekday morning and evening rush hours, traffic in the Easton area is a nightmare.

I want to point out that Morse Road is the only roadway in the Easton area that you can get on if you want to go east of Interstate 270.

If you go eastbound on Morse Road past Interstate 270 before reaching Stygler Road, you will drive by a car dealership, a distribution center, a Columbus water treatment plant, and a Columbus trash collection station.

One of the roads in the Easton area that is of great interest is Easton Way, which goes between Interstate 270 and Sunbury Road.

The hotel that Tyler stayed at, Hilton Columbus at Easton, is located near the intersection of Easton Way and Stelzer Road.

Now if you go eastbound on Easton Way and east of Easton Way and Stelzer Road, it will take you to the Interstate 270 interchange where Easton Way ends.

I don’t think Tyler ever walked along the berm of Interstate 270 from Easton Way. Because if he had, there are traffic cameras at the 270 interchange at Easton Way and also on Interstate 270 as well.

The traffic cameras are monitored 24/7 at the traffic center. Now if Tyler had been seen walking on the berm on Interstate 270 on the traffic cameras, a monitor at the traffic center would have alerted the 911 operations center, and a LE officer would have been dispatched to Interstate 270.

The main entrances to the Easton area are Morse Road, Stelzer Road, and Interstate 270. And there are two back entrances that take you into Easton from Sunbury Road.

Easton Way at Sunbury Road and Chiller Lane at Sunbury Road are the two back entrances that take you into Easton if you wish to avoid all of the extremely heavy traffic on Morse Road.

Not only are there soccer fields and bike paths on Sunbury Road between Easton Way and Chiller Lane, it is also next to Alum Creek.

And I wonder if the west side of Alum Creek running between Morse Road and Sunbury Road and Sunbury Road and Innis Road have been searched.

I recall that about five years ago, human remains were found in shallow graves on the west side of Alum Creek near Innis Park, which is near Sunbury Road and Innis Road.

Now about the gentleman’s club called the Dollhouse where Tyler and his wife, and his friend all went to prior to Tyler’s disappearance.

I checked google and it revealed that the Dollhouse is open every evening at 7:00 p.m. until it closes at 2:00 a.m. in the morning.

The Dollhouse is located in northeast Columbus near the intersection of Karl Road and Karl Court and is one block south of Karl Road and Route 161 (Dublin Granville Road).

The Dollhouse and the hotel is about seven miles and at that time of the night, and about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic.

There are two direct routes that I know of which you can take to get from the Dollhouse to the hotel at Easton.

One direct route is going eastbound on Route 161 from Karl Road, then going southbound on Interstate 270 from Route 161, and then going westbound on Easton Way from Interstate 270.

The other direct route is going southbound on Karl Road, then going eastbound on Morse Road from Karl Road, and then either going southbound on Morse Crossing or Stelzer Road to get to Easton Way to reach the hotel.

Now keep in mind that bars and pubs in the state of Ohio are required to shut down and close at 2:30 a.m. in the morning.

Even though there are several bars and pubs in the Easton area, they have already been closed for the night when Tyler disappeared.

And there are four star restaurants in the Easton area that have their own bars as well, but they close earlier than the bars and pubs in the Easton area.

I will say that the Easton area bars and pubs are considered to be high class bars or pubs rather than your typical neighborhood bars or pubs.

This detailed post about the area is worth repeating.

I've been following this case since he went missing. I'm saddened that Tyler hasn't been found yet.

I sense BD is hiding something, but IMHO, she's concealing something to protect her reputation, rather than her guilt. I put her lack of emotion down to extreme denial. I've had friends who would choose not to believe something because it made Life difficult for them or was it too painful to accept. So they'd tell themselves a fanciful story that everything was going to be okay, even when it was obvious it never was going to be. I think BD will move on with her life with the hope that Tyler will just show up alive and have quite a story to tell. Sadly, I don't believe he is alive. Whether he met an accident or something took him and did away with him, I really don't know. It might be years or decades before his body is found. Or he may never be found. Very sad.

I've been following this case since he went missing. I'm saddened that Tyler hasn't been found yet.

I sense BD is hiding something, but IMHO, she's concealing something to protect her reputation, rather than her guilt. I put her lack of emotion down to extreme denial. I've had friends who would choose not to believe something because it made Life difficult for them or was it too painful to accept. So they'd tell themselves a fanciful story that everything was going to be okay, even when it was obvious it never was going to be. I think BD will move on with her life with the hope that Tyler will just show up alive and have quite a story to tell. Sadly, I don't believe he is alive. Whether he met an accident or something took him and did away with him, I really don't know. It might be years or decades before his body is found. Or he may never be found. Very sad.

Agreed, which IMO what ever she may be hiding from "US" she may have already told CPD. This is what most people aren't realizing. Brittany does not owe anyone an explanation other than CPD if she chooses to. For as much as people like to speculate I think it speaks volumes that they haven't even named a person of interest.

As far as Schon, from what I have read the police have questioned him more than once and and looked into his phone. Now I hear that he has retained a lawyer because they wanted to question him again. Some are already saying he must be guilty since he has retained an attorney.

My opinion is there was an argument going on I don't think it was a fight but possibly something pertaining to jealously from the club they were at. I think Schon was trying to smooth things over and gave up.

I think it involves drug use, and she’s afraid of getting her child taken away if she admits to it. Not judging, it was a celebration and they were “in the city” and drinking, so they probably made a bad choice on the spur of the moment but it ended in disaster. I don’t think they were habitual users, just decided to do something while they were partying that night.

Agreed, which IMO what ever she may be hiding from "US" she may have already told CPD. This is what most people aren't realizing. Brittany does not owe anyone an explanation other than CPD if she chooses to. For as much as people like to speculate I think it speaks volumes that they haven't even named a person of interest.

As far as Schon, from what I have read the police have questioned him more than once and and looked into his phone. Now I hear that he has retained a lawyer because they wanted to question him again. Some are already saying he must be guilty since he has retained an attorney.

My opinion is there was an argument going on I don't think it was a fight but possibly something pertaining to jealously from the club they were at. I think Schon was trying to smooth things over and gave up.
I disagree to an extent about Brittany not owing anyone an explanation. I feel like if you’re going to ask the public for help, you need to be honest about the circumstances that led to the disappearance. How can people really help if they don’t have all the facts?

I disagree to an extent about Brittany not owing anyone an explanation. I feel like if you’re going to ask the public for help, you need to be honest about the circumstances that led to the disappearance. How can people really help if they don’t have all the facts?

What is she not being honest about?

I would call the situation “lies of omission” so to speak. There are gaps that make you wonder and she won’t fill them in. It’s not necessarily that she’s guilty of something but what she’s withholding might be very helpful...
MOO

I would call the situation “lies of omission” so to speak. There are gaps that make you wonder and she won’t fill them in. It’s not necessarily that she’s guilty of something but what she’s withholding might be very helpful...
MOO

I agree but again only if what she is withholding is relevant and it's being withheld from the police. I have helped and to be honest whether I thought she was being completely honest with me or not didn't matter since I not only saw it as helping Brittany but more as trying to find Tyler and helping to find his son's father.

I think it involves drug use, and she’s afraid of getting her child taken away if she admits to it. Not judging, it was a celebration and they were “in the city” and drinking, so they probably made a bad choice on the spur of the moment but it ended in disaster. I don’t think they were habitual users, just decided to do something while they were partying that night.
I have wondered about drugs, too. That could explain why Schon got a lawyer, especially if he is the one who provided the drugs. If it turns out that Tyler died of a drug overdose, then could Schon be held responsible? => good reason to get a lawyer. (btw, same thoughts crossed my mind about Clint in the Brian Schaffer case.)

IMO, Brittany may not even know if there were drugs involved. Could’ve just been Tyler and Schon doing something without her knowledge.

I agree but again only if what she is withholding is relevant and it's being withheld from the police. I have helped and to be honest whether I thought she was being completely honest with me or not didn't matter since I not only saw it as helping Brittany but more as trying to find Tyler and helping to find his son's father.
How do you know Brittany?

If Schon drove home himself after a night of drinking, that's a DIU to begin with. So I can understand the lawyer.

Drugs being involved would explain the friend going home as well as Brittany calling other people for the search in stead of the friend.

Late to this and I'm sure it has already been discussed, but she said he called her two or three times and stated that he was working his way out of some woods. Due east of the hotel is woods. There is also a pond and what looks to be a reservoir just outside of those woods. Could he not have thought he was going the right way in the woods and then just walked into a pond? That time of year would be extremely cold water and hypothermia would set in quickly. Especially if inebriated. Would also explain the sudden "going straight to voicemail" if the phone were abruptly submerged.

Have they drained those ponds/reservoir?

JMO.

How do you know ("you" being the generic you) what is relevant and what is not relevant? Even an irrelevant thing could be just the information needed to find Tyler.

I said, "I agree but again only if what she is withholding is relevant and it's being withheld from the police."

I don't know and never claimed to, I said if there is and it should be up to the police to decide what is relevant.

If Schon drove home himself after a night of drinking, that's a DIU to begin with. So I can understand the lawyer.

Yeah I thought about that too. I don't think it's so much of an issue of him getting into trouble for driving. It sounded to me like Schon was going to stay the night which would have made sense because it would not be too smart to go out drinking take an Uber back to the hotel and then hop into your car to go home.

Schon left for a reason and I'm not sure why. It could have been he didn't think it would be appropriate to stay with out Tyler being there and since there was some kind of argument going on he may have felt that leaving was the best thing to do.

Yeah I thought about that too. I don't think it's so much of an issue of him getting into trouble for driving. It sounded to me like Schon was going to stay the night which would have made sense because it would not be too smart to go out drinking take an Uber back to the hotel and then hop into your car to go home.

Schon left for a reason and I'm not sure why. It could have been he didn't think it would be appropriate to stay with out Tyler being there and since there was some kind of argument going on he may have felt that leaving was the best thing to do.
He could have gotten a room there instead of driving. Or used an Uber like they did before they got to the hotel.

He could have gotten a room there instead of driving. Or used an Uber like they did before they got to the hotel.

Very true, but I don’t think and I could be wrong that he could have got a room at 4 am. Check out is usually around 11 am and he prob didn’t want to pay that much to sleep for a few hours even if he could. He had his car there so he prob just thought it best to leave but that fact he was drinking made it a bad idea.

Very true, but I don’t think and I could be wrong that he could have got a room at 4 am. Check out is usually around 11 am and he prob didn’t want to pay that much to sleep for a few hours even if he could. He had his car there so he prob just thought it best to leave but that fact he was drinking made it a bad idea.

there are several hotels around Easton, and you can check in anytime you would like. I remember in the beginning of this case, brittany said they had given Schon a key to the room since he was spending the night. I think it was on the first podcast. Also, since they had already been taking ubers this evening I think it is strange that he wouldn't just take another one home. Why drive? Weird. There's a lot of things about Tyler's disappearance that don't add up to me but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member