MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
the prank calls

this is what doesn't gel for me. why would someone who has just gotten away with eliminating 3 people be taunting the house???
anyone could have answered the phone.
more importantly......NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE ANYMORE.
so no one should have been answering the phone.

so to me no one involved in the crime rang the house.

what would really be the chances of a side note of prank creepy calls at exactly the morning strangers are poking around a missing persons house?????

come on now.

sounds deep deep embellishment imo

and guess what. I am gunna through out my other personal opinion that hasn't been stated before.

I think that light cover was also staged. do the math from there.

mike and Janelle knew something dire was up but yet they were not the ones to contact police.

their narrative stinks rotten *advertiser censored* imo

moo

the whole narrative is based on the last person to see them and the first there.

Do you have a link which connects Garrison and the GR please as I have never read that?

Thank you in advance

We don’t know what the gag ordered involved so I can’t discuss something that I have zero clue what it’s about.
You mean a connection besides Mike buying drugs from him and Dusty dating his girlfriend-at-the-time’s daughter?

So you think Mike buying drugs from Garrison is a strong enough link to then say they were in cahoots together?
And how do you suppose Garrison got on his radar?

What about Dusty?

Last edited:
the prank calls

this is what doesn't gel for me. why would someone who has just gotten away with eliminating 3 people be taunting the house???
anyone could have answered the phone.
more importantly......NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE ANYMORE.
so no one should have been answering the phone.

so to me no one involved in the crime rang the house.

what would really be the chances of a side note of prank creepy calls at exactly the morning strangers are poking around a missing persons house?????

come on now.

sounds deep deep embellishment imo

and guess what. I am gunna through out my other personal opinion that hasn't been stated before.

I think that light cover was also staged. do the math from there.

mike and Janelle knew something dire was up but yet they were not the ones to contact police.

their narrative stinks rotten **** imo

moo

the whole narrative is based on the last person to see them and the first there.
Mrs. McCall heard the last call that was recorded and erased. It could of been a coincidence or way to see if someone had arrived at the house.

Mrs. McCall heard the last call that was recorded and erased. It could of been a coincidence or way to see if someone had arrived at the house.
I agree. It's always been my belief that who ever called, if it had anything to do with the 3MW crime, they had to be calling to see if anyone had discovered the crime yet. May be to see when they might have to start running damage control.....so to speak.

Way too presumptuous and dismissive.

How do you know Sherrill wasn’t asking questions and also talking to police? She was very very upset according to many I talked to about the GR case. A cross examination in trial will definitely scare the wrong people. And “tweekers” do a lot worse over a lot less (Bible/Freeman anyone?) Maybe a power player involved?
Cross about what ? The abuse of corpse has nothing to do with your crime / drug syndicate .

Danny Freeman owed a debt , he wasn’t testifying in court over a unrelated case .

We dont know if the message that McCall deleted was a crank or not.. According to her, it was something weird, but LE didn't think that it was related to the call that was answered by Kirby. It was believed that the call Kirby got was some local prankster, but the message deleted by McCall was something police thought may of had something to do with the abductions. Possibly could have been a threat of somesort, and maybe was recorded on the machine before the abductions took place.

You tell me?

I am still not seeing a connection between buying some drugs and killing 3 women.
No offense but multiple people here have suggested, including Asher, King, Moore, and Webb (ex DA and cops who’ve reached Sergeant rank and beyond) have claimed that Suzie testifying and talking to cops was an issue.

So you go from “drugs are not on their background” to agreeing?

You claimed Garrison wasn’t connected. I gave you a direct connection as it gets, and now it’s something else? The best motive surrounding this case is the Suzie testifying being the catalyst. Every other motive is weak.

Garrison has prime info that leads to judges agreeing and signing off. Keep dismissing it if you want. No skin off my back.

Upset grave robbers with changing stories. Connected criminals who’ve literally killed people before. Sealed up items in multiple digs. Sealed up grand jury items. Paint your own picture.

In Bible/Freeman the same early suspects ended up being the ones who did it.

Last edited:
Agree.

Someone they knew got the door open. But not someone they necessarily trusted or liked. MOO

I think the perps were already with Sherrill. Nigel claimed that Suzie never parked on the half circle. I think she drove past the occupied driveway coming from Glenstone. Not sure if I’m allowed to post this but I was told by someone close to Suzie that she only used main streets because she was bad with directions—plus she’s having Stacy follow her. So that’s why I assume she came from Glenstone.

Some people claim the makeup and underwear aspects prove that perp(s) came later and I would argue that to be a dangerous assumption.
Do you have any idea if anyone suspected may have had a brown car similar to the one spotted at the Signal store on the corner of Grand and Glenstone? If she took Glenstone home, that would’ve been a perfect location to wait and watch for her to turn onto Delmar Drive.

Do you have any idea if anyone suspected may have had a brown car similar to the one spotted at the Signal store on the corner of Grand and Glenstone? If she took Glenstone home, that would’ve been a perfect location to wait and watch for her to turn onto Delmar Drive.
No idea. Always been curious about that tip.

Janis supposedly played the message, accidentally erased it, and forgot what was said....in my opinion, I believe she was able to play it to police, or at least tell them exactly what was said, and police don't want the information to be known publicly for some reason. I think they told her to say it got erased and she forgot what it said.

MOO

Cross about what ? The abuse of corpse has nothing to do with your crime / drug syndicate
How do you know? Obviously a drug dealer had intimate knowledge of info not made public by the police (they literally say this). I mean how can you predict what is to be said in court? And how can you predict what tweekers/scared criminals are thinking in regards to what is said in court, as OTB said...?

What did the women possibly know that caused this all to happen? Well that’s where you put your sleuthing hat on and get digging. But it’s related to a motive over five LE officials close to the case have suggested. And it has more meat than the Teen Clean faction. Like I said, gag orders and grand juries aren’t called for funsies.

We dont know if the message that McCall deleted was a crank or not.. According to her, it was something weird, but LE didn't think that it was related to the call that was answered by Kirby. It was believed that the call Kirby got was some local prankster, but the message deleted by McCall was something police thought may of had something to do with the abductions. Possibly could have been a threat of somesort, and maybe was recorded on the machine before the abductions took place.
Personally, I think that going into someone else's home, listening to messages and cleaning up ANYTHING is pretty shady. I have NEVER entered someone's house if they didn't answer the door. Seems really fishy to me....

Inquiry goes on in missing-women case Police to question man, but they doubt that he is involved.
Author: The Associated Press
Article Text:

SPRINGFIELD - A man accused of vandalizing a tomb will be questioned in the disappearance of three women, but police said Wednesday that they expect to eliminate him as a suspect in the missing-persons case.

The 21-year-old man was arrested Monday in Mundelein, Ill., and was being held Wednesday in the Lake County Jail. Authorities haven't said when he'll be returned to Springfield.

Capt. Tony Glenn said detectives needed to confirm the man wasn't involved in the disappearance of Sherrill Levitt, 47; Suzie Streeter, 19; and Stacy McCall, 18.

Investigators became interested in the man shortly after the women vanished from Levitt's home early June 7. The man and two others were charged last week with felony institutional vandalism. They are accused of breaking into a mausoleum at Springfield's Maple Park Cemetery on Feb. 21 and stealing a skull and some bones.

One of the other accused vandals is a former boyfriend of Streeter, who gave a statement to officers investigating the vandalism.
"We interviewed a ton of people in that case. She was one of them," Glenn said.

Streeter's statement was INSIGNIFICANT in the vandalism case, and it "has NOTHING to do with her missing now," Glenn said.

Police have said her former boyfriend, 20, sold 26 grams of gold teeth fillings from the skull at a Springfield pawn shop for $30.

The ex-boyfriend and the third alleged vandal, 19, were questioned extensively in the disappearances, and both are cleared as suspects, Glenn said.

Investigators say the 21-year-old arrested in Illinois isn't a Springfield resident, but he is thought to have been in Springfield on June 7.

Copyright 1992, 1996 The Kansas City Star Co.

How do you know? Obviously a drug dealer had intimate knowledge of info not made public by the police (they literally say this). I mean how can you predict what is to be said in court? And how can you predict what tweekers/scared criminals are thinking in regards to what is said in court, as OTB said...?

What did the women possibly know that caused this all to happen? Well that’s where you put your sleuthing hat on and get digging. But it’s related to a motive over five LE officials close to the case have suggested. And it has more meat than the Teen Clean faction. Like I said, gag orders and grand juries aren’t called for funsies.
How do you know?
30 years of trials. Relevance, admissibility, rules of evidence ect.

FYI 18 day's before the 3MW were abducted, 17 year old amy fisher shot a woman in the head, on her own front porch

Jesse Rush (15 ) from right up the way in Mack’s Creek , abducted , raped and murdered Trudy Darby with his 1/2 brother .
This notion that only people 20's & up commit violent crimes is wack.

Last edited:
What makes you believe that Suzie had some kind of knowledge that would put her in danger from gangs?

If this is also the case why would these gangs choose graduation night when she had no plans to actually be at home that night originally?

If Suzie is the intended victim because she had talked to the cops and it got people’s backs up why wouldn’t you wait until she was alone instead of taking 2 other victims along for the ride and bringing with a even greater chance of being caught?
I think it is entirely possible something happened that night that made all three of them targets.
Maybe someone overheard Suzie talking with Stacy about something only Suzie and her Mom knew. That would make them all three targets.
Maybe someone relayed information "upstream" which possibly changed timing and who might be targeted.

My thought, and I have no proof, is that someone maybe rather innocently communicated something to some really bad people who had suspicions of what Suzie might know (even if she really knew little).

Personally, I think that going into someone else's home, listening to messages and cleaning up ANYTHING is pretty shady. I have NEVER entered someone's house if they didn't answer the door. Seems really fishy to me....

This seems to be an ongoing chewed over chestnut in this case. It seems that people go 50/50 back and fourth on the subject. Some find it strange, and others dont. From my own personal experiences I can remember being Suzie's age, and having friends that would and did do things like this, and it really didn't bother me because I felt comfortable doing the same to them. Heck, I have friends I haven't seen in 25-years where I would still feel comfortable walking into their home.

On another note, I think Kirby entered the house on Delmar; after not seeing any overturned tables or other signs of foul play, she didnt feel or sense a reason to run outside and start sounding the town's bell. She basically did what any normal teenager would do in the same situation, and said: "F-EM.... I'm going swimming.

Therefore theres nothing really strange about it. Maybe that's just the way things were back then. Watch some of the old PI shows like Magnum or Rockford, and you will see people did stuff like this all the time (checking on a friend), whatnot.. McCall came to the house in the evening to retrieve Stacy's car in an attempt to teach her a lesson. Did she just take the car and go? No.. she searched the house, she deleted messages on the answer machine, she rifled through the purses, and even ransacked Suzie's bedroom, but no, no one sees that as strange, and I dont ether; because some people are just like that.

So when you couple all this stuff together, theres nothing really strange about it, when you consider the circumstances that are involved.

Now after all this, we have this other little chestnut where some seem to think that this was somesort of staged crime scene that was organized and orchestrated by some very brilliant teenage masterminds. One little genius cleaning up some glass on the porch while the other stacking some purses on the stairs leading to Suzie's bedroom inside the house.. Really???

In all probably, it really appears that this was a home invasion, and an abduction that was committed by some perpetrators that were most likely total strangers to these three women. We dont really know the how or what, but it does appear that the perps probably lined up the three purses on the stairs in an attempt to comfort the women into thinking that they were just going to be robbed. Because the perpetrators didn't take the purses, and because a great deal of money was left behind; I think commonsense would rule robbery out as a motive. Some things we do know is the fact that the perps were probably driving a van. We know this because someone (I think paper boy) saw the van sitting on the street corner staking out the Delmar house. There was also a witness who lived a couple of blocks away from the Delmar house who was sitting on her front porch, when she saw a van and observed something suspicious about it. The description of the van was very unclear, and at this point I dont really think it matters. After all these years, I think all emphasis should be placed on finding the three missing women.

Last edited:
Streeter's statement was INSIGNIFICANT in the vandalism case, and it "has NOTHING to do with her missing now," Glenn said.
(snipped)
Copyright 1992, 1996 The Kansas City Star Co.
How can someone say that when they don't know (or haven't admitted if they do know) the motive behind the crime?
It is entirely possible that those outside of Suzie's circle could assume she knew more than she did. And at the time of the disappearance, the suspects wouldn't know what she said or didn't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa