MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it strange she is the last one with them before they vanish and her mum so conveniently wakes up at 2am and hears the girls leave as well and then first on the scene the next day and then despite the house being totally deserted with all the evidence on display that actually they should be at home and then Janelle just shrugged her shoulders and thought the most logical conclusion was “they all went to the swimming” - I mean seriously WTH

let’s also not forget Janelle snooped around that house and Stacey’s clothing that Janelle saw only hours before on Stacey was all folded up at the bottom of Suzie's bed so again either incredibly thick or she would of know that Stacey couldn’t of gone anywhere with no clothes on.
It’s been stated somewhere that both girls were very different sizes and I think you can even establish that in photographs as well that Stacey could not fit in Suzie’s clothes and being friends with both women Janelle would of know that as well.

I understand this was a different time but even so it was the 90’s and not 1940.

I hear you and see what you mean.....the thing standing out for me is that she picked up the house phone in a strange house....why would she do that?

But -and I don't want to insult anyone- there are people who seem to know much more and think this posts are just going in the roundabout.

Last edited:
But -and I don't want to insult anyone- who seem to know much more and think this posts are just going in the roundabout.

I think every single topic has probably been discussed as nobody has any idea who did this and with no new things to discuss it goes around and around. But with it being in the news recently hopefully something comes from the new publicity.

I would love for a new team to be assigned to this case and to go back to the beginning and start over with fresh eyes.. I have always felt this isn’t as complicated as it’s made out to be and the people involved got lucky IMO

I think the perps were already with Sherrill. Nigel claimed that Suzie never parked on the half circle. I think she drove past the occupied driveway coming from Glenstone.

Sincere question for you Hmm....if Sherrill were alone in the house when this began, would it be reasonable to assume whoever was in the house would be aware of the money in Sherrill's purse?? Even if burglary wasn't the motive, wouldn't there have been ample opportunity to pocket the $800 before Suzie and Stacy showed up??

We're obviously assuming the girls didn't walk in on anything too unsettling, as the house was left orderly, or at least without obvious signs of a struggle.

Believing MH and JK to be innocent, would you think they would have taken the money, if infact they played any part in this??

Or how about a GR perp scenerio....would any of the three GR's have pocketed the cash??

I'm sorry to go on and on, but with so few facts and hardly any evidence to consider, shouldn't we be able to deduce something about the fact whoever did this must have had zero interest in the cash??

Sex, power, control, that is what comes to mind with this crime. I don't think any of them owed money or were involved in drugs.

The missing photos from frames, was that ever confirmed or just another rumor in this case?

Sex, power, control, that is what comes to mind with this crime. I don't think any of them owed money or were involved in drugs.

The missing photos from frames, was that ever confirmed or just another rumor in this case?

the picture frame was in a newspaper article as I have a photo of it here on my phone.

The exact quote is
An empty picture frame was found in Streeters bedroom. Can anybody tell police who may of been in that frame?

Last edited:
the picture frame was in a newspaper article as I have a photo of it here on my phone.

The exact quote is

“An empty picture frame was found in Streeters bedroom. Can anybody tell police who may of been in that frame?”

Her daddy's...?

Sincere question for you Hmm....if Sherrill were alone in the house when this began, would it be reasonable to assume whoever was in the house would be aware of the money in Sherrill's purse?? Even if burglary wasn't the motive, wouldn't there have been ample opportunity to pocket the $800 before Suzie and Stacy showed up??

We're obviously assuming the girls didn't walk in on anything too unsettling, as the house was left orderly, or at least without obvious signs of a struggle.

Believing MH and JK to be innocent, would you think they would have taken the money, if infact they played any part in this??

Or how about a GR perp scenerio....would any of the three GR's have pocketed the cash??

I'm sorry to go on and on, but with so few facts and hardly any evidence to consider, shouldn't we be able to deduce something about the fact whoever did this must have had zero interest in the cash??
Because this wasn’t a burglary. This was someone they knew.

The money didn’t matter. The perps were sending a message. I agree with OTB that silence was the primary motive. If you’re in the Garrison wing of criminal undercurrent, Suzie talking to the cops can spook you.

Again...what was the motive....what did the kidnapper(s) had to gain by doing this.
Hahaha I even thought about an IRA angle....McCall....
Silence?

If the women knew something that spooked the fringe of Garrison/grave robbers. Cross examination of Suzie and visiting cops at the police station might set off alarms to said criminals. Just a thought. It’s time to consider possible gang related/drug angles. Because it certainly fits the bill with how clean the crime scene is and how small of town Springfield is. Information always rises up from criminals/town folk.

The money was left on purpose and it could of even of been to confuse the cops.

even rapists I'm assuming wouldn’t turn down $800 sitting in a purse.
Dangerous assumption. These were folks who likely had money. Or taking it wasn’t a risk/concern that they cared much about. They wanted to get in and out.

Also motive wasn’t money. imo

Silence?

If the women knew something that spooked the fringe of Garrison/grave robbers. Cross examination of Suzie and visiting cops at the police station might set off alarms to said criminals. Just a thought. It’s time to consider possible gang related/drug angles. Because it certainly fits the bill with how clean the crime scene is and how small of town Springfield is. Information always percolates from criminals/town folk.
I’ve been looking into the Robb/Evans angle, these people do not mess around. Three generations and they’re still protecting one another. TBH for Garrison to send people out their way took b*lls of steel. They find rats inside the prisons and out. The incident with Smith/Webb and how his car was left with her purse inside at the Battlefield Mall, they’re good at making people disappear.

Dangerous assumption. These were folks who likely had money. Or taking it wasn’t a risk/concern that they cared much about. They wanted to get in and out.

Also motive wasn’t money. imo

The purses were lined and placed so they looked like they had been rummaged though so if money is there for the taking then you have to deliberately leave it behind. Most criminals are not going to turn down easy money so hence the assumption it was done deliberately.

Loads of rumors that Sherrill kept cash in the house and her room looked like somebody had gone though it so it could be that somebody stole a lot more money that was hidden and left the other money out in the open to look like robbery wasn’t part of the motive.

IMO

I’ve been looking into the Robb/Evans angle, these people do not mess around. Three generations and they’re still protecting one another. TBH for Garrison to send people out their way took b*lls of steel. They find rats inside the prisons and out. The incident with Smith/Webb and how his car was left with her purse inside at the Battlefield Mall, they’re good at making people disappear.
Excellent post.

The purses were lined and placed so they looked like they had been rummaged though so if money is there for the taking then you have to deliberately leave it behind. Most criminals are not going to turn down easy money so hence the assumption it was done deliberately.

Loads of rumors that Sherrill kept cash in the house and her room looked like somebody had gone though it so it could be that somebody stole a lot more money that was hidden and left the other money out in the open to look like robbery wasn’t part of the motive.

IMO
You’re overthinking it. This wasn’t about money. At all.

You’re overthinking it. This wasn’t about money. At all.

What makes you believe that Suzie had some kind of knowledge that would put her in danger from gangs?

If this is also the case why would these gangs choose graduation night when she had no plans to actually be at home that night originally?

If Suzie is the intended victim because she had talked to the cops and it got people’s backs up why wouldn’t you wait until she was alone instead of taking 2 other victims along for the ride and bringing with a even greater chance of being caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici