The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen falls victim to a mouse infestation at Buckingham Palace as health inspectors discover droppings at a cafe for tourist visitors

The Queen falls victim to a mouse infestation at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

B31A8D31-BBF9-4A3D-9AB7-0BEF793E9915.jpeg
5171AA22-09CE-4F8B-8212-3C0F17855993.jpeg 7CC05B0C-45CE-4E15-A6F8-6A7442A59E1E.jpeg

It looks like I need to send Winston (my cat) down to Buckingham Palace ASAP.

I hope everyone is well. I’m sorry I have been away I’m having a tough time with my new medication for Crohn’s disease and arthritis in my hands in the winter so I have been taking it easy. Thank you to all of you for your friendship and kindness I really do appreciate it. Hope you all have a great week.

The Queen falls victim to a mouse infestation at Buckingham Palace as health inspectors discover droppings at a cafe for tourist visitors

The Queen falls victim to a mouse infestation at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 214487 View attachment 214488 View attachment 214489

It looks like I need to send Winston (my cat) down to Buckingham Palace ASAP.

I hope everyone is well. I’m sorry I have been away I’m having a tough time with my new medication for Crohn’s disease and arthritis in my hands in the winter so I have been taking it easy. Thank you to all of you for your friendship and kindness I really do appreciate it. Hope you all have a great week.

Hello, and thanks for letting us know about your health. I hope things are on the upswing for you.

Also, could you please send Wintson HERE? This is the time of year those little guys are making a full-on assault and I'm not sure the bulwarks can hold. We could sure use some extra help, as our "Winston" is snoozing in the sun and opening one eye is about as ambitious as it gets.

View attachment 214357 View attachment 214358 View attachment 214359 https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo/1186569993?

Kate looks lovely.

Definitely Meghan looks pregnant.

Sorry... Neckline too low. Hair too tight.
Shoes without nice stockings, epic fail. Imo.

Not a fan of her posing for the lens instead of genuinely engaging which is how she comes off to me.

I think Meghan has studied Julia Roberts... she looks a bit like her in some photos.

Why does it feel like Meghan Markle's facial expressions are always engaged in Duping Delight?

Feel better Graham. I think I mentioned it before but my Brother has Crohn's so I have an idea of the pain and suffering. Sorry about your arthritis too. The damp is just the worst. Take care.
ETA- do you have any salons/spas nearby who do the paraffin wax for hands. It's wonderful for the ritis. I take glucosamine as I am allergic to all anti-inflammatory drugs.

This outfit is gorgeous on Kate, and with an appropriate nod to the military.

20838230-7670841-Flanked_by_the_Duchesses_of_Cornwall_and_Cambridge_the_Queen_loo-a-5_1573426748501.jpg

What an impressive ensemble

And this is touching
the-queen-and-kate-middleton-poppies-t.jpg

And about the poppies;

he Queen is not alone in wearing a poppy in November to honour those who have fallen in battle and conflict. But Her Majesty tends to wear not one but five poppies on Remembrance Sunday. While Buckingham Palace has never confirmed the reason for the monarch's preference, it is thought that the Queen's five poppies represent each service in the war: the Army, the Navy, the RAF, the Civil Defence and women.

the-queen-with-kate-middleton-balcony-z.jpg

The Queen's five poppies represent each service in the war

The royals always wear at least one poppy to show their respects in November, but on Sunday, the Duchess of Cambridge wore a particularly special brooch. Kate chose to don The Codebreakers Brooch in honour of her grandmother Valerie Glassborow, Valerie's twin sister Mary and her great-aunt, who all served as codebreakers at Bletchley Park during the Second World War.

In May, Kate paid a fascinating visit to Bletchley Park where she opened up about her late relatives. Speaking to a group of children, who had taken on the role of codebreakers for the day, Kate said: "My granny and her sister worked here. It's very cool. When she was alive sadly she could never talk about it. She was so sworn to secrecy that she never felt able to tell us."

kate-middleton-poppy-brooch-z.jpg

Kate donned The Codebreakers Brooch in honour of her relatives

The Duchess also spent time with four women, who had worked at Bletchley at the same time as her relatives: Rena Stewart, who worked in Hut 3; Georgina Rose, a Teleprinter Operator and Morse Code Slip Reader in Block E; Elizabeth Diacon, a Teleprinter Room Supervisor, serving Hut 3, Hut 6 and Hut 8; and Audrey Mather, a Teleprinter Operator who was based in Block E. "You were very important," Kate told the women. "Your families must be very proud."
[/paste:font]SUBSCRIPTIONS

Kate looks beautiful. She has an expert tailor. That is what I see in her outfits.

Camilla’s hat wins the day - fashion wise.

Meghan looks a bit swallowed up by her hat. I have to hand it to her though. It’s a rough town in the BRF. She seems to be faking it — hoping that she makes it. It really can’t be easy being an outsider like this. And, can’t take the American Hollywood out of the woman either... the pressure must be awful.

Harry looks very buttoned up - lots of resting B face. He is looking about ten years older than William.

The ceremony looked amazing and reverent. The poppies are a beautiful remembrance.

This is Markle's dress from the Festival of Remembrance.

meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo-1573331006.jpg

It's difficult to make out details, but don't like it- it doesn't seem to fit well, again, especially around the bustline., and the neckline is too low for a serious memorial service. All the other royal women have very high conservative necklines. The proportions of that dress seem wrong on her.

And the return of the Belly Hand
meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-attend-the-picture-id1186576765

I am pleased to note there are no straggling locks of hair flopping over her face, for a change.

I was curious to see the incredibly shear hose MM had on, I zoomed in and I think I see smudges of fake tan near her toe and damn ugly feet. She can afford good hose. IMO.

Just been thinking about you @they'll get you , watching the news and seen the terrible bushfires around Sydney. I seem to recall you're NW of the city out towards the Blue Mountains? Hope you and yours and everyone you know and love is ok.

Thank you for caring. (((Hugs))) Some of our Aussies are having some difficult times loosing their pets, farm animals and houses. I’ve been listening to the live scanner and there’s some heartbreaking stories. We are in drought and it appears the northern hemisphere has our water right now so if we could ask for some it it back please and that might help you with your hurricans and floods. ;)
Most of the fires are up the east coast of Aust, I’m just out of Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500