Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s one hypothetical example I can think of that would make me very hesitant to call in even anonymously, although I feel I would call 911 still, others may not:

I’m at the chevron with my children and make eye contact with IY inside the store. He sees my kids. I witness him force Aniah into the car and I also see other people with IY helping him. So this group of thugs knows what I look like, has seen my children and knows my car (possible took note of my liscense plate, who knows). Sure IY is in custody now but not those accomplices.
True. And I can see that too. But also that person not calling should have fear that these unknown peeps would want a witness to disappear. Safer to report than not.

But even giving a tip anonymously runs a risk if IY knows who you are/saw you at the scene. If you give the tip then IY can assume it was you based on who knew the info to be able to give a tip. He can retaliate or have his compadres retaliate against you or your family. You never know until you are put in that situation. I can say what I would do of course, but we don’t know the situation this person was put in or what they have going on in their own life.

True. But wouldn't Yazeed have to know what the tip was? I am not seeing how he would know that. The tip is kept confidential, not just the tipster.

I think the tipster probably put themselves in more danger by the police having to track down all the people who were in the vicinity of the Chevron, and the media now being privy to that information. If the witness had just submitted an online tip no-one would ever need to know that they were actually there and saw what happened ... which is the point of Crime Stoppers, I think.

Good call - here's the post

"New search team request: We need someone with a boat and knowledge of the Alabama river that can help us TODAY"
Great find! It’s a wonderful way to help in the search. In the AE case so many people were responding to the needs of the search party and it worked to bring her home. Miraculously alive safe and sound.

True. But wouldn't Yazeed have to know what the tip was? I am not seeing how he would know that. The tip is kept confidential, not just the tipster.

I think the tipster probably put themselves in more danger by the police having to track down all the people who were in the vicinity of the Chevron, and the media now being privy to that information. If the witness had just submitted an online tip no-one would ever need to know that they were actually there and saw what happened ... which is the point of Crime Stoppers, I think.
Exactly, because now we do know about the witness.

let’s say this. If someone submitted a tip and they just said I saw it happening at chevron. What would happen? LE would pull video and then would they also identify potential other witnesses? Is it even possible there actually was a tip to crime stoppers, yet because it’s anonymous LE then had to identify the people at chevron and thus came up with the witness?

Do you think this info would even be out about the witness IF they had video? I don’t. I’m thinking they don’t have video and this witness is key.

I’m almost embarrassed to say but I know nothing about Alabama. Can someone add the river to the map locations please? How far is it from Auburn and Montgomery?

I’ve come to just admire this couple immensely. They are so strong.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I can see why Aniah has turned out so wonderfully.
I sheepishly admit that when I first heard about Aniah's being missing, I wondered what role a UFC-fighting stepdad has had in her life.
Now I know: a great dad who has been there for her from very early in her life (even though he is relatively young himself) and an outstanding person.
And Angela is a beautiful person through and through.
Lovely people. The best.

If i saw a child and saw a tip line i would phone in .. But when it comes to adults....i would hesitate..i do not know if it is domestic..i do not want to be in spot lite. I do not want people ...trying to figure out who i am..because i know they will..i am probably local.....imoo
Same here. Off topic, but I recently called in a welfare check on my new next door neighbor. The garage and door to the house were wide open and no car in the driveway when I left and still like that when I came home about 6 hours later. I knew she has 3 young kids at home, one is a newborn, and a yappy little dog that always runs into my yard. I didn’t get a thank you, but she did post something snarky about nosey neighbors on the HOA page. Still glad I called, I couldnt stop thinking she was hurt or sick inside.

Exactly, because now we do know about the witness.

let’s say this. If someone submitted a tip and they just said I saw it happening at chevron. What would happen? LE would pull video and then would they also identify potential other witnesses? Is it even possible there actually was a tip to crime stoppers, yet because it’s anonymous LE then had to identify the people at chevron and thus came up with the witness?

Do you think this info would even be out about the witness IF they had video? I don’t. I’m thinking they don’t have video and this witness is key.
I think that’s possible. But then, do you think there’s no video at all from outside, or just no video of him forcing her into her car? If no video at all, where did the info about his white/silver car come from? I always assumed that the info about his car came from video outside.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I can see why Aniah has turned out so wonderfully.
I sheepishly admit that when I first heard about Aniah's being missing, I wondered what role a UFC-fighting stepdad has had in her life.
Now I know: a great dad who has been there for her from very early in her life (even though he is relatively young himself) and an outstanding person.
And Angela is a beautiful person through and through.
Lovely people. The best.
unfortunately, I did the same thing. I’m his fan now.

If you haven’t watched this video, you should. There are several things mentioned.

1. It sounds like she and her brother did have a discussion about going out. Angela said that yes, her brother had told her to go home as she was tired. They felt like because she was buying chips that’s what she was doing.
2. They were told on Thursday the suspects identity. Were told later that day he was wanted for her kidnapping.
3. Angela really wants people to keep an eye out for Aniah and continues to hope she is alive.

I think we need to transcribe this and will try later if I have time.

My impression- they didn’t say it directly, but I think they are frustrated still with what info they are getting. I think they are smart enough not to say that, but I sense it.

My question- if LE could identify a witness from the chevron, why couldn’t they identify him?
Did he pay cash? Probably
Was the car his? Do they have video of cars and tags of who was there?

I think that’s possible. But then, do you think there’s no video at all from outside, or just no video of him forcing her into her car? If no video at all, where did the info about his white/silver car come from? I always assumed that the info about his car came from video outside.

No exterior cameras at the correct Chevron (image date Feb 2019).
Just one exterior light attached to the exterior of the building.

Designated parking seems to be at the side of the Chevron. Not even where anyone inside could see the parked vehicles, if they are not parked at the pumps or pulled up right at the front window.

z.JPG zx1.JPG zx2.JPG zx3.JPG zx4.JPG

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏‬‏‏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads