CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - UPDATE (7/17): Nearly a week after being acquitted on some charges, ex-Sheriff Terry Maketa will be tried again.

Former El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa arrives in court ahead of jury selection on June 27, 2017.

The jury was unable to come to a decision on four charges, namely extortion-related charges and first-degree criminal misconduct.

Jury selection for the new trial begins Oct. 3.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Jury-selection-begins-for-ex-Sheriff-Maketas-trial-431057263.html

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - UPDATE (7/17): Nearly a week after being acquitted on some charges, ex-Sheriff Terry Maketa will be tried again.

Former El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa arrives in court ahead of jury selection on June 27, 2017.

The jury was unable to come to a decision on four charges, namely extortion-related charges and first-degree criminal misconduct.

Jury selection for the new trial begins Oct. 3.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Jury-selection-begins-for-ex-Sheriff-Maketas-trial-431057263.html

What his case has anything to do with the disappearance of Kara Nichols ?

Unless a Facebook account belongs to a victim or a POI/suspect (or an official MSM account or LE account), you may not bring info here as it is considered rumor.

Also, sleuthing or accusing random people is not allowed.

I love that I've been brought back to Kara. So many years, so many "cases"...Thanks for posting, cybervampire.
I am so glad to see Kara'a name on page 1. I have not forgotten about her, and was recently discussing her case, along with Nicole Silvers', with some locals.

‪We are still searching for Kara Nichols. New age progression photo now available and included in the missing poster. If anyone has seen her, been in contact with her or has any information as to her whereabouts, please contact Detective Lisa Monteville at 719-520-7227.‬
View attachment 136253

EPC Sheriff's Office

Iirc, there was a very thorough newer article by the DP....marking spot to go back and look. I would like to review our discussions re : this...
Spammy? You still around? Spammy, looks like they found William Connole's shooter!! It also looks like Dante is going to fiiinally pay for Kelsie Schelling!

Last edited:
Here's a news link from KKTV: MISSING: New age progression photo of Kara Nichols released . It includes a very quick blurb reiterating the circumstances of when she went missing, the age progressed pictures provided by NCMEC with updated missing poster, and an embedded screenshot from @EFCSherrif's Twitter account to contact Det. Lisa Monteville with any tips surrounding Kara's disappearance at 719-520-7227 and reference case number 12-12983.

Kara Nichols, an aspiring model, was reported missing on October 9, 2012. At the time of her disappearance, the 19-year-old was en route from her home in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where she lived with two roommates, to Denver for a modeling shoot. After six years of searching and countless interviews, the El Paso Sheriff’s Office has been unable to find any significant leads, and are encouraging anyone with information to reach out. They told Dateline the case is still considered open and active, but have not said if they believe foul play is involved.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

MISSING: New age progression photo of Kara Nichols released

age+progression+photo+from+EPCSO.jpg

Age progression photo of Kara Nichols provided by NCMEC
Updated: Thu 2:47 PM, Jun 14, 2018

Another year gone by and still...nothing? This case is just so odd and a lot of questions still unanswered. Did they ever find that woman in question? What about the POI who also went disappeared and possibly seen with Kara?
I’m just surprised that there hasn’t been even the slightest break in the last 7 years... Where are you Kara?

Kara Nichols, an aspiring model, was reported missing on October 9, 2012. At the time of her disappearance, the 19-year-old was en route from her home in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where she lived with two roommates, to Denver for a modeling shoot. After seven years of searching and countless interviews, the El Paso Sheriff’s Office has been unable to find any significant leads, and are encouraging anyone with information to reach out. They told Dateline the case is still considered open and active, but have not said if they believe foul play is involved. Anyone with information about Kara’s case should call the El Paso County Sheriff's Office at (719) 390-5555.

Funny that my post keeps getting deleted but I found someone bragging on FB about having a whole block with 'hoes' buried and I believe that it is accurate same person who did Brandy Duvall brutal murder and yes he never went to prison

Kara Nichols, an aspiring model, was reported missing on October 9, 2012. At the time of her disappearance, the 19-year-old was en route from her home in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where she lived with two roommates, to Denver for a modeling shoot. After eight years of searching and countless interviews, the El Paso Sheriff’s Office has been unable to find any significant leads, and are encouraging anyone with information to reach out. They told Dateline the case is still considered open and active, but have not said if they believe foul play is involved. Anyone with information about Kara’s case should call the El Paso County Sheriff's Office at (719) 390-5555.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Missing FB page deleted, Charley Project page deleted...

EDIT: Oops, my bad. A fellow member sent me her Charley Project page,
However, I can't find the FB one.

Do we have any reason TO trust what her roommates said about her driving away with "2 unidentified brunettes"???

Last edited:
Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Kara Nichols

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ter-as-new-tips-surface-in-missing-teens-case

The Disappearance of Kara Nichols

I encourage you to go through the process of becoming a verified insider ( Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters ) as it sounds like you have some specific insights that might be useful to law enforcement if they were archived here by someone the site has verified while also providing you with a defacto mediator if you don't feel comfortable taking your info directly to the authorities or if you feel like you could benefit from the community to help you process your experiences as they relate to the facts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back