Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the podcast just left a lot of unanswered questions. So many holes to fill in the story. Allegedly Hailey was with Shawn and 2 other people at this hotel. They say that she was kidnapped from her house. How was she kidnapped and her mom is right there in the house? They say Billie did not kill her, but helped with the coverup.

For me, none of these things truly add up. How did Shawn kidnap Hailey, but was partying with him and these other people? And if he went and put her out at the lake and driving back and forth, why would he tell Billie? And at that point why wouldn't Billie just call the police if this man is telling you he just killed your daughter Why help him?

The only way Billie would help cover up the murder of her daughter,would be if she was more involved, than what they are saying.

Anyone keeping up with the Facebook pages regarding Hailey? Namely, Hailey Dunn Updates & Discussion, and Who killed Hailey Dunn. Looks like it's turning into a S%iT Show!
Not the first one, but I am reading at WKHD. You use the word "turning", I'll correct you on that to, "it's always been".

Welcome to WS :D

Billie did finally admit she thought SA killed Hailey.....but too little too late. She was posting it on one of Hailey's pages, trying to get him to confess.

There could be only 2 reasons she is not telling.
1. She really doesn't have a clue what happened.
2. She is deeply involved and telling on SA would be confessing to her own crime and she isn't about to do that.
I think if SA is ever charged with anything and this goes to trial :)):):)) he will roll over on Billie IF she is involved. As long as there are no arrests and both parties remain quiet, they are both SAFE!
JMO

Interesting about Del, what did he serve time for, drugs?

I remember the person BJD said gave her a ride to work that morning, supposedly was asked to lie about that. Anyone else remember that particular detail?

I think you are right AD, there is no conclusive proof. But there is certainly a great deal of circumstantial evidence that could be used. Look at the Heather Elvis case. The DA dropped the murder charges, but successfully prosecuted the Moorer duo on kidnapping charges. The conviction has a 30 year sentence (no early parole) in South Carolina. Those two will be in their 70's before they get out.

I think it's time for Texas Prosecutors to take at fresh look at the evidence, and get creative in their approach to solving this murder. IMO opinion, two people will be indicted on separate charges. Who knows, maybe one of them will roll over on the other after they are arrested. One thing's for sure, those new lips will look great on camera in court.

Well, the affidavits say "Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence in Colorado City, Texas enroute to her job in Snyder, Texas at approximately 6:20AM". So, her movements were corroborated by at least two means. By "records" (likely phone call time stamps) and by witnesses (note: plural, not singular). It was NOT based simply on what she claimed. This person claiming to have been asked to lie about that is lying themselves. If they are one of the witnesses mentioned in the affidavit and they did indeed lie regarding her movements, then they would almost certainly be facing obstruction charges, as would however asked them to lie. Since no such charges have materialized it is reasonable to conclude that what is in the affidavit is correct, no matter what sort of revisionist accounts are going around now.

So it is pretty safe to say that this story that has cropped up years later is false. Giving them the benefit of doubt, I think the problem is that the person involved has gotten the days mixed up in their mind, the day HD disappeared was the day BEFORE she was reported as having disappeared. On the second day SA took HD to work. We already know this and have known it from day one.

Billie did finally admit she thought SA killed Hailey.....but too little too late. She was posting it on one of Hailey's pages, trying to get him to confess.

There could be only 2 reasons she is not telling.
1. She really doesn't have a clue what happened.
2. She is deeply involved and telling on SA would be confessing to her own crime and she isn't about to do that.
I think if SA is ever charged with anything and this goes to trial :)):):)) he will roll over on Billie IF she is involved. As long as there are no arrests and both parties remain quiet, they are both SAFE!
JMO

I don't think she knows what happened. IMO she is suspicious of SA now only because the two are no longer together and it is a convenient way to get people to stop giving her a hard time by pointing elsewhere. She seems that kind of a person, who has a revisionist opinion depending on what is going on in their lives at any point in time. Usually stuff people like that say has to be taken with a big pinch of salt.

I doubt LE have any evidence to show SA was involved. The fact that they could no longer get any search warrants executed on SA after the first few weeks IMO means that subsequent investigation corroborated his movements that day and that meant he did not have opportunity. While the sheriff might have a "gut feeling" that SA was the guy because he "fit the profile" and just did not respect a guy who was basically a kept man, there probably was not much more than that.

There are other things as well, such as at least three witnesses who claimed to have seen HD during that day, the earring issue, the fathers GF initially saying HD visited that day, then changing her mind, the phone text message made to the friend who's mother denied there was any contact between the girls (which clearly can't be true if there was a text message - I would guess that the received message was no longer on the girls phone when the mother looked - so why was that?). Lots of things that HD was alive and well late in the day. Also, other LE investigators apparently did not agree with the Sheriffs approach, since we had that peculiar incident 6 months later when the father was apparently given a polygraph as well, a fact announced by a highly defensive statement from the local Sheriff suggesting that he had been forced into doing that. So. Ya.

I think it is fairly safe to say that there is a bunch of evidence gathered since the initial investigation that does not add up with the theories proposed at that time, but LE is not talking about it since the investigation is open. I think the reason we have the current narrative and conventional wisdom regarding the case is largely because of the mistakes made by the Sheriff early on, his public statements on the matter and his dogged insistence in refusing to admit that he was wrong later on. It became a matter of pride, and that has muddied the water no end.

Whatever happened to HD IMO happened either that afternoon or that evening, and probably does not directly involved any of the principal characters in this story, but they might have a peripheral indirect connection. A lot of the odd behavior from almost all of them could be attributed to the possibility that other things going on in their lives may have contributed, but they are not sure and don't know what actually happened, so they are loath to say lest they be implicated indirectly in what did happen. Couple that with incompetence and pride among the investigators. Not a good mix.

So it is all super confusing and we may never find out as a result.

Well, the affidavits say "Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence in Colorado City, Texas enroute to her job in Snyder, Texas at approximately 6:20AM". So, her movements were corroborated by at least two means. By "records" (likely phone call time stamps) and by witnesses (note: plural, not singular). It was NOT based simply on what she claimed. This person claiming to have been asked to lie about that is lying themselves. If they are one of the witnesses mentioned in the affidavit and they did indeed lie regarding her movements, then they would almost certainly be facing obstruction charges, as would however asked them to lie. Since no such charges have materialized it is reasonable to conclude that what is in the affidavit is correct, no matter what sort of revisionist accounts are going around now.

So it is pretty safe to say that this story that has cropped up years later is false. Giving them the benefit of doubt, I think the problem is that the person involved has gotten the days mixed up in their mind, the day HD disappeared was the day BEFORE she was reported as having disappeared. On the second day SA took HD to work. We already know this and have known it from day one.

Freudian slip of truth?

Just listened to the podcast. Difficult to know what to believe.

The hotel story story doesn't seem very plausible to me, but didn't the dogs track her scent to the hotel?

Another thing Erica mentioned the child *advertiser censored*. Can anyone remind me if this was actually found? I didn't think it was?

I guess the main thing is someone is shining light on this and trying to put on pressure which is a good thing.

Will see what develops.

IIRC Child *advertiser censored* and beastiality (I remember this one because I had to google what it was!! EWWWWW) were found on a flash drive in the back of Billie's dresser drawer. I think LE determined it was downloaded from SA parent's home and lots of people had access to that computer so they could not prove who downloaded the *advertiser censored*. It was discovered during a computer search warrant I think. It's been so long and I am too tired to go find it!

Reactions: byo
IIRC Child *advertiser censored* and beastiality (I remember this one because I had to google what it was!! EWWWWW) were found on a flash drive in the back of Billie's dresser drawer. I think LE determined it was downloaded from SA parent's home and lots of people had access to that computer so they could not prove who downloaded the *advertiser censored*. It was discovered during a computer search warrant I think. It's been so long and I am too tired to go find it!

There was no child *advertiser censored* or bestiality found anywhere in BD's house. We know this for certain because if there was they would have said so in the affidavit for the subsequent search of the grandmothers house where they listed all the *advertiser censored* they had found and where for probable cause, and they did not. So put that to rest.

I know that the sheriff was throwing wild accusations and allegations about at one point, but approximately a year later, according to Detective Alexander (the lead investigator on the case in CC): "Images depicting bestiality and other deviant sexual acts may be disgusting, she said, but as long as they're not being done in public, they're not illegal. No child *advertiser censored* was seized in Colorado City, she said." Hope persists a year after West Texas girl went missing

It was only on the computer at the mothers house, and that was almost certainly downloaded by one of the people living there, they just could not say who. Specifically there was a *advertiser censored* collection of ~100k images, some of which included bestiality. The suspected child *advertiser censored* (which means it was probably young looking teenagers and they were not sure about how old they actually were) was deleted files, meaning it was probably downloaded accidently by whoever the collection belonged to and they deleted it because they were not interested in that fetish. It is pretty unlikely to be the mother since she allowed LE to take the computer and therefor did not know what was on it. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out who the *advertiser censored* collection belonged to.

There was no child *advertiser censored* or bestiality found anywhere in BD's house. We know this for certain because if there was they would have said so in the affidavit for the subsequent search of the grandmothers house where they listed all the *advertiser censored* they had found and where for probable cause, and they did not. So put that to rest.

I know that the sheriff was throwing wild accusations and allegations about at one point, but approximately a year later, according to Detective Alexander (the lead investigator on the case in CC): "Images depicting bestiality and other deviant sexual acts may be disgusting, she said, but as long as they're not being done in public, they're not illegal. No child *advertiser censored* was seized in Colorado City, she said." Hope persists a year after West Texas girl went missing

It was only on the computer at the mothers house, and that was almost certainly downloaded by one of the people living there, they just could not say who. Specifically there was a *advertiser censored* collection of ~100k images, some of which included bestiality. The suspected child *advertiser censored* (which means it was probably young looking teenagers and they were not sure about how old they actually were) was deleted files, meaning it was probably downloaded accidently by whoever the collection belonged to and they deleted it because they were not interested in that fetish. It is pretty unlikely to be the mother since she allowed LE to take the computer and therefor did not know what was on it. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out who the *advertiser censored* collection belonged to.

Child *advertiser censored* Found In Hailey Dunn Home
BBM
I am going to respectfully disagree with you and prefer not to put it to rest. This is MSM which reported the incident. Wishing it wasn't so doesn't make it so.

SWEETWATER, Texas - A digital memory stick containing images of child *advertiser censored* was discovered in Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins? bedroom as law enforcement searched for evidence pertaining to the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs.

Even BD admitted the memory stick/flash drive was in their house and SA brought it in. Just always taking up for him.

Child *advertiser censored* Found In Hailey Dunn Home
BBM
I am going to respectfully disagree with you and prefer not to put it to rest. This is MSM which reported the incident. Wishing it wasn't so doesn't make it so.

SWEETWATER, Texas - A digital memory stick containing images of child *advertiser censored* was discovered in Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins? bedroom as law enforcement searched for evidence pertaining to the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs.

My quote was MSM as well.

Toombs was making stuff up because he wanted to convince people that his theory was right, and is an unreliable source. You might give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was misquoted, and never bothered to correct it. Or he could have been deliberately giving out misinformation to inflame local opinion. Those are really the only two options IMO, neither reflects well on him. Alexander was the actual investigator on the case and made her statements long after Toombs was shooting his mouth off, so she is correct.

Plus, they listed the *advertiser censored* found in various places in the later affidavit to search the GM's house, and there was no mention of any CP being found at BD's house. If there was they would have said so. And certainly if there had been Toombs would have charged someone without question because at that point he was clutching at straws to keep his hypothesis alive.

The affidavit itself is no longer available online, but I am pretty certain that it did not mention CP as being anywhere other the mothers house on her computer (some deleted images) and a single emailed image that might be CP on a computer at the GM's house. All the rest of the stuff was regular *advertiser censored*. Toombs was being quoted as saying that CP was found on a memory stick found at BD's house early on, but that was not repeated in the affidavit. Early reports (which you can still read) from local newspapers conflated Toombs earlier quotes with the affidavit and repeated the claim before the affidavit came public, but once it did it was clear the affidavit said no such thing. There is a discussion of it in this thread: Search Warrants Affidavits 3/18/2011 . Around page 13 people start questioning what the local reporters were claiming once the affidavit was public.

That is probably why you were confused. You remember the early reports when the SW was carried out, but not the subsequent revision once it became clear that the early reports were wrong.

In fact in that thread you can see people asking why Toombs never corrected his earlier claims that there was CP at BD's house when there actually was not. IMO it says something about Toombs and the way he was conducting the investigation.

If you watch the video I linked above, it shows Billie Dunn stating there was a flash drive found in their house and it did belong to SA.

I think we can agree to disagree. I just see it differently than you, but that is why I love this website. We can all disagree.

If you watch the video I linked above, it shows Billie Dunn stating there was a flash drive found in their house and it did belong to SA.

I think we can agree to disagree. I just see it differently than you, but that is why I love this website. We can all disagree.

There was not any CP on it though. At the time Toombs was claiming there was she said she had been told there was not by other LEO, which was correct. She may be at some later point be saying otherwise now, quoting Toombs, because she fell out with SA and it suits her for people to be focusing on him instead, but we know Toombs was wrong. Her saying that now does not make it true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu