CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't buy her story one bit, as far as being afraid. She knew what she was doing, she could have called for help from LE, she did nothing. She was in on this and saw it through til the end with him. Little did she know, in my opinion, he was setting her up to take the fall. As evidence came out yesterday, he had clearly moved on from Krystal and Kelsey and was making plans to have dinner or hang out with another poor lady, who was clueless.

Absolutely to all of this. She had numerous opportunities to go to police, or shoot, to go warn Kelsey herself. It's not like she hadn't been to Kelsey's before. She wasn't afraid of PF but she should have been. She didn't even take it seriously when he made the remark about children disappearing off playgrounds all the time.

How could she trust this evil and go part time?? After he missed at least 2 child support payments and last ones were short anyway...And signing her life over to him...
KB and KK were so mistaken! Both were nothing more than a myriad of other sex partners...
It’s hard to know. He was either a great actor, and she had little idea how he truly felt about her, and his future plans. Or, she ignored his behavior or maybe thought it would improve? Still...geez.

Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel

·
54s
BREAKING: Prosecutors on pace to rest tomorrow or Friday. “We’re down to our last few witnesses,” DA Dan May says. If timeline holds, closing arguments could be Friday afternoon, defense says. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
@csgazette

Not that we need any more bombshells but I have to wonder who will be the last witness and what they will testify to.

I believe a common tactic for attorneys is to begin and end on a high note so am wondering who the last witness will be and what they will say.

Whoa! There's motive and explains the timing of NOV 2018. She was going to cost PF more money starting that month by making him pay for baby's medical and she had just added him to her life insurance. Evil PF probably figured KB was worth more to him dead than alive. He probably figured the life insurance would more than pay for Baby K's health insurance. And if not then "kids go missing from the playground all the time..." :mad:

ETA: I never expected a life insurance motive here. KB seemed so smart to keep her house in her family LLC and with only her name on the house that I'm shocked PF was added to her life insurance policy. I also didn't expect a life insurance motive because that usually means the body needs to be found... Or else PF would be waiting years to get KB declared deceased. But when I think about PF's original plan being to send KB's body to Idaho with KK it makes sense. I think the fool thought he could frame KK for KB's murder and get an immediate insurance payout. He must have been fuming mad when KK refused to take the body.
MOO.
To be fair, there hasn’t been testimony that PF actually knew that KB had listed him as the life insurance beneficiary. So we don’t know if he knew or not. And if it turns out he didn’t know, then that cannot have been a motive.

I do remember some earlier discussion about KB cutting back her hours.

Baby K had just turned a year old in October. She was now walking and the idea of her staying at the franch (which child services deemed unsafe for a toddler) was probably not an option for KB. And the cost of daycare would make part-time more practical. MOO

Not that we need any more bombshells but I have to wonder who will be the last witness and what they will testify to.

I believe a common tactic for attorneys is to begin and end on a high note so am wondering who the last witness will be and what they will say.
Maybe it will be a witness who can testify to forensic results. MOO

One thing that continues to baffle me about any murderers. The fact that even if they are not caught at first that they are willing to always worry and look over their shoulder for the rest of their entire lives that someday there may be a knock on their door from LE.

It takes a special kind of twisted person that is willing to live with themselves and always wonder if the next day may be the day they are caught.

I guess that is the thing with these disturbed fools. They either dont think that far ahead or they just dont care and are able to live with themselves with that over their head.

I think they’re people used to getting away with stuff. They can’t imagine getting caught.

Life insurance pay out could of paid his $72,000 debt.
KB definitely did not know the real PF and about his filandering. IMO she would of taken him off as beneficiary in a heart beat. Brings to mind the wrongful death suit the Berreths have filed against PF for $75,000. All the puzzle pieces are fitting nicely. His motive was more than just custody.

Yes but part time (losing insurance benefits) suggest to me 20 hours - which is a big change IMO. I wonder if there was a 32 hour option so she could keep that benefit? this is big news to me - and very telling for the prosecution.
JMO

KB would have options going to the health exchange and maybe gift income from parents. I don't believe this was a rash decision on her part. I only wish it had been a decision to investigate her way out of dodge but it sure does not look like it. MOO

I appreciate every poster. This is and the Watts case seems like the crimes of a decade...maybe a lifetime. Such horrible crimes with so much corroborated circumstantial evidence. So much evidence you can't even memorize it all.
Its horribly unfortunate, but it'll be more unfortunate without a guilty verdict.
I think it'll go ok, though. I was with a bunch of regular Joe's on grand jury and they analyzed EVERYTHING even if it was just to indict. No crazies on there so
I expect a good outcome.

I have to quote myself because I’m embarrassed by my earlier typos. I’ve now corrected them. I was in a hurry!! “Probative” not “privatice” whatever that is. And “impermissible” not “impressive”!

Ach -- I've been been thinking about that predjucial vs privatice objection all morning. Chiefly wondering how it might impact impressive character evidence. Had me going back to my trusty old Latin primers.

Omg omg omg

The "friend" who had seen the cameras when he'd been to KB's townhouse previously HAD NO BUSINESS BEING THERE PREVIOUSLY. Was he the "private investigator" PF had following KB, presumably taking photos?

MOO....

Yes, it's truly mind-boggling that NONE of these people came forward... It's been bothering me from the start. But, then I started imagining scenarios wherein a close friend were the accused, who'd been feeding me lies for years that the victim were abusive, and that made me realize there are a few situations where I'd have probably kept my thoughts to myself, too, until the lies started to unravel... A close friend with an abusive, violent, controlling, cheating, alcoholic husband often vented to me that she sometimes wished he would 'just die already', for example. Had he gone missing, or suddenly died, I don't think I would have gone running to LE to tell them of those conversations. I suppose the biggest difference in that scenario is that I've witnessed his abusiveness first hand (called LE on more than one occasion to diffuse situations, in fact.) My point being that PF had all of these 'peripheral' people believing that KB was abusive and neglectful to the baby, and, without benefit of first-hand knowledge of the truth, may not have come to their senses until after the facts started being revealed. I don't include KK in this, since she had far more concrete information. She's even testified that she doubted the abuse allegations at some point, yet still willingly participated in the failed attempts and took care of cleaning up the murder scene. That creature deserves to burn in hell alongside PF, IMO.
Ah, we're on the same page here. I wrote something similar to you before I read your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo