CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, there hasn’t been testimony that PF actually knew that KB had listed him as the life insurance beneficiary. So we don’t know if he knew or not. And if it turns out he didn’t know, then that cannot have been a motive.

I think we know enough about PF that he would have killed KB without a motive. He said it best: I just want her gone.

Also, a motive isn't necessary to convict him. For the jury, PF either killed KB or he didn't. It's that simple.

MOO

To be fair, there hasn’t been testimony that PF actually knew that KB had listed him as the life insurance beneficiary. So we don’t know if he knew or not. And if it turns out he didn’t know, then that cannot have been a motive.

I'm almost positive a SS# is needed when listing a beneficiary, unless KB knew it, she would have had to ask PF for it

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
They also testify Patrick Frazee was listed as the beneficiary on Kelsey Berreth’s life insurance. Doss had just been bought around Nov. 2018, which caused employees to have to re-enroll for benefits. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

I would bet my right arm he knew.
That may very well be, but it’s still just a guess.
I think we know enough about PF that he would have killed KB without a motive. He said it best: I just want her gone.

Also, a motive isn't necessary to convict him. For the jury, PF either killed KB or he didn't. It's that simple.

MOO
Thats all true. However, I was responding to a poster who was treating it as a fact that Pf knew he was beneficiary, and that it was motive.

Whether or not he knew, I doubt the insurance was a motive anyway. There’s no collecting insurance unless the person is declared dead. A missing KB might not be declared dead for years, if ever.

Or be responsible for increased child support?

Kelsey was already exhausted and with the prospect of the winter commute, maybe she worked the numbers and was going to cut back her hours, at least for the winter? Maybe she was terrified at the prospect of leaving her precious and soon to be mobile baby at the franch where safety for babies was optional? That could be how the talk of moving to Pueblo came to be. JMO
^^^ This. He'd have to pay child support and share the cost of medical insurance. He might have had to get another job to support Baby K. It was easier to kill Kelsey.

Absolutely to all of this. She had numerous opportunities to go to police, or shoot, to go warn Kelsey herself. It's not like she hadn't been to Kelsey's before. She wasn't afraid of PF but she should have been. She didn't even take it seriously when he made the remark about children disappearing off playgrounds all the time.
When she heard he killed Kelsey, she could have immediately called the police and that would end her fears. imo
Her friends will probably stick with her, though.

It’s hard to know. He was either a great actor, and she had little idea how he truly felt about her, and his future plans. Or, she ignored his behavior or maybe thought it would improve? Still...geez.
Seems her parents would have known about the change to part time work. Or how about her co-workers?
To me this is an important thing to uncover.
Was she planning a move and wanted more time to seek 'other' employment?
How did she have the financial ability to go part-time?

I'm almost positive a SS# is needed when listing a beneficiary, unless KB knew it, she would have had to ask PF for it

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
They also testify Patrick Frazee was listed as the beneficiary on Kelsey Berreth’s life insurance. Doss had just been bought around Nov. 2018, which caused employees to have to re-enroll for benefits. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

JMO
I also think PF knew about himself being listed as the benefactor on KB's life insurance. For the sole reason that normally when in a relationship, it is information you willingly share with the other person because it provides a comfort to the other person that things will be ok financially should anything happen (healthwise, possible plane wreck in her case since she was a pilot, etc.).

So I do think KB probably told PF about it.

And to help answer another question that was brought up.
I think most life insurance policies have an exception that you cannot collect if you are the person murdering the insured and you are also listed as the benefactor.

Im not 100 percent positive on that but I think its common to have that exception in most life insurance policies.

KB didn't know any of what we've learned. She was making sweet potatoes and looking forward to picking out a tree. She was likely having normal conversations with PF about work, about their future.... she didn't know he was rolling his eyes and texting other girls with her every word....and plotting her demise all the while. JMO she may have voluntarily accepted no child support in those preceding months because they were a family after all. Surely he was representing to HER that he was all in. He probably boasted about his inheritance to come so she made financial decisions through that lens. He wasn't providing for them "right now" but he was "going to".... I can imagine her listing him as her life insurance beneficiary because he was her fiance, the father of their child, husband to be. She had no idea she was dancing with the devil, and somehow that makes this just that much more insidious.

MOO

Seems her parents would have known about the change to part time work. Or how about her co-workers?
To me this is an important thing to uncover.
Was she planning a move and wanted more time to seek 'other' employment?
How did she have the financial ability to go part-time?

I was just thinking the same thing, I wonder if CB will return to the stand as the final witness telling everything KB told her about how the relationship between her and PF were?

I'm going with "Golden Child Syndrome", rural Colorado style. Reminiscent of Scott and Jackie Peterson. MOO
With all due respect, (and I mean that sincerely. I love to see your use name come up!),

I don't think favoritism creates these monsters. I have a brother, a year younger than myself. He was the "Golden Child". I was the one who could do nothing right. But because he has a human soul and a conscious, he was and is a very loving person.

He bent over backwards when we were kids, to do anything for me. He understood, even if he didn't understand why, our parents placed him on a pedestal and it embarrassed him made him feel guilty, and ultimately crippled him as an adult,(in that he never learned how to be an independent adult, very well), but it did not make him a cruel evil person. I. M. extremity strong opinion,
You can not do what PF did and blame mommy. No way.

I bet you he not only knew about the life insurance but pushed for KB to add him to it. It wouldn't be a hard argument to make either. PF: "Sweetheart, I worry about you driving all those hours and flying sometimes for your job. If something happens to you how will I take care of baby K? Why don't we get life insurance on each other?" PF may seem dumb but I bet he knew how to sweet talk the women when he wanted to get something out of it. Plus, it's pretty common for parents or married people to be on each other's life insurance. KB believed they were eventually getting married. She talked about PF constantly at work and called him every night. One of her coworker's testified about thinking they were already married.

Poor KB had no idea what PF was up to while she drove long hours to her job..speaking of which-- that's another motive. If KB cut her hours back to spend more time with Baby she would also expect to spend more time with PF. Maybe her helping out with the cows the night before Thanksgiving was part of that. She might start to get to know some of his friends and associates better if she was always hanging around PF. How would PF explain her sudden presence in his life as a sober and dependable mother who was calling him her fiance after he had bad mouthed her and lied about her to all of his farrier employing girlfriends and father figures? PF needed to stop his lies from coming out. MOO.

That may very well be, but it’s still just a guess.

Thats all true. However, I was responding to a poster who was treating it as a fact that Pf knew he was beneficiary, and that it was motive.

Whether or not he knew, I doubt the insurance was a motive anyway. There’s no collecting insurance unless the person is declared dead. A missing KB might not be declared dead for years, if ever.
But considering PF was not too worldly or informed of many things, maybe he didn't know the rules of insurance payouts and declaring someone dead.

When she heard he killed Kelsey, she could have immediately called the police and that would end her fears. imo
Her friends will probably stick with her, though.
Out of pity....I can hear them now....

"Poor KK such a lovesick dumb**, that guy treated her like crap for years but she never saw it coming...."

"You know she was once Queen of the Rodeo....but now she just sits around eating pizza, watching daytime soaps and Lifetime Television for Women....

MOO

I GIVE UP.

I give up on reading all the messages. I don’t know how any of you can keep up, let alone participate!

It does give me another reason to be thankful CW pled and didn’t drag SW and family through a trial. I’ve never followed a trial on WS before this one, and now I understand how truly horrible it would have been for the Rzuceks.

Dang it PF. As if you didn’t sicken me enough, you managed to put CW in a better light.

*back to furiously reading*
Agree to an extent about CW pleading. I still can't get past him killing his babies, too- children he helped bring into the world and raised, until he did this sick and vile act, but yes, at least he didn't make her family go through this torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80