Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor has got - it - together enough to remember the exact date he saw Taylor alone but never to have called the police about it, and he doesn't realize how awful he'd come across going to the media with this?
Do we know the neighbor never contacted the authorities about Taylor? I'm just now trying to catch up after reading the arrest affidavit and it didn't say in there if he called about the neglect or not.

Maddening. But even in cases where reports are made and the family is in the system, things happen. For instance, Conner and Brinley, a current case here on Websleuths. Mom is saying the 8 year old boy hung his 5 year old sister and himself to death. Nope.
bbm

Wow. Yikes.
Hadn't heard about that one.
What a horrible case. :(

Of course I generally give children's cases a very wide berth.
Adrian Jones and Gabriel Fernandez nearly finished me.

My thoughts after reading the BW arrest warrant:

BW was definitely trying to hide something by not sending Taylor to day care over the summer, and then Kindergarten, which she was definitely eligible for, given her birthdate (Feb 2014). This would be free. So the only months she'd have been paying for child care once she graduated from FREE VPK in May would've been part of May, then June-whatever month she was still alive. So it's pretty obvious to me she or someone had to have been physically or sexually abusing her and was fearful someone would notice. I am surmising that Taylor had been adamantly told NOT to leave the apt, did so one too many times, and BW began locking her in the apt (or even her room) while she was gone. I further surmise that BW never thought she (or the someone, if there was one), would hurt Taylor, and when it happened, she was shocked but it kept happening (possible rage that MsMarple alluded to earlier ).

The warrant clearly answered my question about what the felony child neglect charges were for (left home alone at age 5, garbage and unsanitary conditions in home, and wandering on her own in her complex). Still huge questions in my mind about what led to all of this spiraling out of control, and how Taylor died, specifically outright homicide or neglect leading to death.

bbm
:D
What ?
No ! Never !
Msm is always accurate . *cough*

Seriously, I feel like either the family didn't want to say it's been as long as two years--- or different reporters interviewed the family and came away with varying timelines.
Idk.
Ok guess we'll find out when they all have to testify in court!

Really? How could they tell? I’m really starting to sound like Debbie downer here! But how on worth would you know what was in a bag??
I had the same thought... how in the world could the neighbor know how many servings were in a fast food bag? Obviously she was a terrible mother without this detail, but it almost sounds like the neighbor was embellishing here to make her look even worse.

My thoughts after reading the BW arrest warrant:

BW was definitely trying to hide something by not sending Taylor to day care over the summer, and then Kindergarten, which she was definitely eligible for, given her birthdate (Feb 2014). This would be free. So the only months she'd have been paying for child care once she graduated from FREE VPK in May would've been part of May, then June-whatever month she was still alive. So it's pretty obvious to me she or someone had to have been physically or sexually abusing her and was fearful someone would notice. I am surmising that Taylor had been adamantly told NOT to leave the apt, did so one too many times, and BW began locking her in the apt (or even her room) while she was gone. I further surmise that BW never thought she (or the someone, if there was one), would hurt Taylor, and when it happened, she was shocked but it kept happening (possible rage that MsMarple alluded to earlier ).

The warrant clearly answered my question about what the felony child neglect charges were for (left home alone at age 5, garbage and unsanitary conditions in home, and wandering on her own in her complex). Still huge questions in my mind about what led to all of this spiraling out of control, and how Taylor died, specifically outright homicide or neglect leading to death.

Agree and curious as well. Also curious, did BW self harm out of grief or self harm out of cowardice? We may never know. JMO. MOO

I used to work at an afterschool program. We kept the kids for three hours after school and a lot of parents who worked later than that would have babysitters and even daycare center employees pick their kids up. I'm not saying it would be easy, but I think splitting 12 hours between daycare and a babysitter would have been an option and it would certainly be better than leaving the kid home alone. It kind of pisses me off that the military would put parents in that situation to be honest.

Edit: my fat fingers and this phone made typos

Lots of civilians work 12 hour shifts and are able to afford and find child care for their children. As an E-6, BW earned a good salary and also received $1,700 housing allowance, free health care for herself and if the base had a clinic Taylor's health care was free, if there wasn't a clinic Tricare is very good insurance and covers a lot of well-child health care for 0 co-pay. There are plenty of single parents at a lower rank, lower salary, lower housing allowance that are able to budget their money to provide necessary day care for their child.
Anyone that enlists in the military -especially in this day and age - knows they can be deployed to a war zone, sent on temporary training missions, stationed overseas with or without their dependents, work 12 hour shifts, be assigned to night shifts, etc etc.

We raised 5 military brats and always found the military to be very supportive of families when the military member was deployed or when working 12 hours shifts. My husband was deployed twice to the gulf and was sent on training missions, leadership school.. I was given a support contact number to call if I needed assistance with anything.

We were stationed at Randolph AFB in Texas for 8 years and lived in base housing...throughout those 8 years there was always at least 2 families on our street that were stationed at Randolph for humanitarian needs - family member needing special medical care and the military member was encouraged and allowed to attend all Doctor appointments, etc etc. without taking a leave day.

My son in law is in the Navy and my 2 yr.granddaughter is autistic. They were just stationed in San Diego and assigned to a military housing neighborhood best suited for my granddaughter - fenced yard, alarm system on doors and windows - child safety knobs, outlets etc were installed before they arrived. My SIL will be deployed soon for 4 months and my daughter has already been contacted by family support to inform her of the extra services available during her husband's deployment.

Military deployments suck for everyone involved but my husband knew when he enlisted he could be deployed to a war zone and I knew when I married him that he belonged to the military 24/7. Just like I knew when we had our children that I could be a single parent for months on end.
In fact, when he was deployed to Saudi for 3 months, I was pregnant with our 4th child , our older 3 were 9, 7 & 5 years old. The base we were stationed at was going to be closing and my husband would be getting new orders a month after he returned from Saudi, the same month our child was born. There I was 7 to 9 months pregnant, working a full time job in retail, trying to sell our house and a vehicle before we had to move. Six weeks after my husband returned from deployment, we moved 1600 miles away when our daughter was 4 weeks old. It was hectic at times but I loved it, our kids loved it..

My apologies for the long post and I do not mean to single you out, I agree with everything else in your post but the part about the military. The military and the 12 hour shifts have absolutely nothing to do with BW neglecting her child and disposing of sweet Taylor like garbage.

bbm

Wow. Yikes.
Hadn't heard about that one.
What a horrible case. :(

Of course I generally give children's cases a very wide berth.
Adrian Jones and Gabriel Fernandez nearly finished me.

5 month old Baby Brianna Lopez, Las Cruces, New Mexico. Horrific case of child abuse, sexual assault and death. Both of her parents Stephanie Lopez and Andy Walters, and her uncle Steven Lopez were found guilty. Mother released from prison in 2016. Father and Uncle doing 50 years.

Lots of civilians work 12 hour shifts and are able to afford and find child care for their children. As an E-6, BW earned a good salary and also received $1,700 housing allowance, free health care for herself and if the base had a clinic Taylor's health care was free, if there wasn't a clinic Tricare is very good insurance and covers a lot of well-child health care for 0 co-pay. There are plenty of single parents at a lower rank, lower salary, lower housing allowance that are able to budget their money to provide necessary day care for their child.
Anyone that enlists in the military -especially in this day and age - knows they can be deployed to a war zone, sent on temporary training missions, stationed overseas with or without their dependents, work 12 hour shifts, be assigned to night shifts, etc etc.

We raised 5 military brats and always found the military to be very supportive of families when the military member was deployed or when working 12 hours shifts. My husband was deployed twice to the gulf and was sent on training missions, leadership school.. I was given a support contact number to call if I needed assistance with anything.

We were stationed at Randolph AFB in Texas for 8 years and lived in base housing...throughout those 8 years there was always at least 2 families on our street that were stationed at Randolph for humanitarian needs - family member needing special medical care and the military member was encouraged and allowed to attend all Doctor appointments, etc etc. without taking a leave day.

My son in law is in the Navy and my 2 yr.granddaughter is autistic. They were just stationed in San Diego and assigned to a military housing neighborhood best suited for my granddaughter - fenced yard, alarm system on doors and windows - child safety knobs, outlets etc were installed before they arrived. My SIL will be deployed soon for 4 months and my daughter has already been contacted by family support to inform her of the extra services available during her husband's deployment.

Military deployments suck for everyone involved but my husband knew when he enlisted he could be deployed to a war zone and I knew when I married him that he belonged to the military 24/7. Just like I knew when we had our children that I could be a single parent for months on end.
In fact, when he was deployed to Saudi for 3 months, I was pregnant with our 4th child , our older 3 were 9, 7 & 5 years old. The base we were stationed at was going to be closing and my husband would be getting new orders a month after he returned from Saudi, the same month our child was born. There I was 7 to 9 months pregnant, working a full time job in retail, trying to sell our house and a vehicle before we had to move. Six weeks after my husband returned from deployment, we moved 1600 miles away when our daughter was 4 weeks old. It was hectic at times but I loved it, our kids loved it..

My apologies for the long post and I do not mean to single you out, I agree with everything else in your post but the part about the military. The military and the 12 hour shifts have absolutely nothing to do with BW neglecting her child and disposing of sweet Taylor like garbage.
Oh I don't think her shifts had anything to do with it either. My comment was aimed at the other poster saying the military would give 12 hour shifts and report you for using daycare for more than 8. Seems unfair to me. I know it can be worked around, but it just burned my biscuit for a minute there.

Thank you and yours for your dedication to serving our country.

As a single Mom, she could have easily requested normal shifts. Depending on the hours of daycare on the base.

When I worked at a hospital in Miami, there was a daycare a few blocks down, that was 24 x 7 child care. It is pretty easy to find child care services in Florida for shift workers.
You were lucky! Not many 24/7s left.

Wow, so a neighbor that spoke with police claimed to work nights and was able to witness Taylor on two occasions wandering around the apartment complex alone. The neighbor witnessed Taylor in the same pj's and asked where she was going and Taylor replied "Looking for my momma". The neighbor reported that Taylor was often left alone. OMG!
Warrant: May last time anyone other than Taylor's mother saw girl alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member