Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble with the new information as well. I do not believe it was planned but if it was I think the motive would have been kidnapping for her step daddy's money. The Harris 's may not have a lot of money but a person like this guy would not know that they would see big dollar signs. He robbed and beat two men earlier this year. When caught only the older man was in the car. I think they were going to try to get him to give up his banking information.

It's hard to imagine this was planned. I wonder if Aniah's parents think that on their own or have information we don't have? They are going through so much, exhausted both psychically and emotional, it may just be their opinion that it was planned. However, they might also have new information from LE. Would they be able to speak out about that with the gag order in place?

In the youtube interview that Walt did he said that Aniah had seen someone new. This was not in reference to the Eric that was mentioned after the fact. He mentioned the high school boyfriend and one other, who was the new guy. It didn't sound like it was serious and it didn't sound like they thought he was the poi, but if they are looking inside her current circle, I would think they would really be looking hard at any new acquaintances.

IMO this is not a complicated crime. Most crimes are not.
Look at this guys violent history. He saw something he wanted and took it. And we need to be careful about accusing people who have not been named suspects.

I don't think he did get her at the gas station, the car had damage perhaps he was following her and hit her car later cause an accident get her to get out of her car

I don't think that fact is in dispute. The witness put him at the Chevron with Aniah and said they witnessed Aniah being forced into her car and taken from there.

IMO this is not a complicated crime. Most crimes are not.
Look at this guys violent history. He saw something he wanted and took it. And we need to be careful about accusing people who have not been named suspects.
. I agree completely. I think this case is a lot simpler than many are trying to make it. In my opinion, she was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time and caught the attention of someone who was used to taking what he wanted - knowing he never seemed to have to pay the consequences of his actions. JMO.

I don’t believe it is her roommate. Aniah’s mom talked about how the roommate has been an absolute wreck to the point she has to have sojj mi some stag with her every night because she’s so scared.

I hate to point fingers but I’ve been suspicious of Summer since day 1. She’s the one who tweeted(the tweet was in MSM) Aniah was meeting up with a guy she met on a dating app then completely back tracked a couple days later saying that they don’t know if she met with someone or not. She’s supposedly Aniahs best friend but her SM is very weird imo!

Last edited:
I am not sure what to make of this new information. If it was planned for whatever reason, it was poorly planned at best. Someone could have been following her, but why snatch her at a gas station filled with potential witnesses and not just follow her home where there would be less of a chance for witnesses to see?
While I respect Walt and aniah’s mother through this difficult time, I just don’t see how being a set up is possible (although aniah’s mother did say she knows some things that she cannot discuss).

Also you are right, why do this at a gas station where it’s bright and cameras everywhere? Just doesn’t make sense.

Unfortunately IMO Aniah just happened to be at the wrong place at exactly the wrong time :( and it seems to be a random crime and crime of opportunity.

If somehow it was a set up, maybe IY was in the gas station getting a drink while he continued to wait for Aniah but I just don’t see this happening because he wouldn’t have gone inside if his intentions was to kidnap

Please be aware that Websleuth rules do not allow us to accuse friends, or suggest their involvement, unless and until they are named as a suspect. I understand that Aniah’s parents have some suspicions about a friend possibly being involved, but that does not give us the right to point fingers at specific friends.

I know the Harris family wants to hold up all hope for their daughter. I just do not see how this was planned.IY had no way of knowing she was going to stop at that convenience store that night.
I think he was planning to take someone that night. HE planned to commit a crime but I don’t think he knew it would be aniah. I’d like to know how long he (or the silver car) was at the chevron. Or where else it was seen in the hours prior. Was he driving around, looking for a target? Was he staking out a victim, just waiting for the woman who caught his eye, who just happened to be aniah?

I also can’t see any connection between IY and aniah’s social circles.

I don't think he did get her at the gas station, the car had damage perhaps he was following her and hit her car later cause an accident get her to get out of her car
Watch the interview with that official from last week. A reporter asked him if the kidnapping happened at the gas station. He said yes

While I respect Walt and aniah’s mother through this difficult time, I just don’t see how being a set up is possible (although aniah’s mother did say she knows some things that she cannot discuss).

Also you are right, why do this at a gas station where it’s bright and cameras everywhere? Just doesn’t make sense.

Unfortunately IMO Aniah just happened to be at the wrong place at exactly the wrong time :( and it seems to be a random crime and crime of opportunity.

If somehow it was a set up, maybe IY was in the gas station getting a drink while he continued to wait for Aniah but I just don’t see this happening because he wouldn’t have gone inside if his intentions was to kidnap

Yes, I just don't see how this was planned in any way. Going on the assumption, it wasn't planned; it was still an extremely sloppy and disorganized crime. I think until LE says differently, I am sticking with my original thought that this was a random crime. We just don't know why Aniah's family said otherwise it could just be their opinion trying to come to terms with an awful thing that happened to their loved one. Unfortunately we with the gag order, we probably won't get confirmation from LE one way or another where that information came from, whether it was a tip they received or not. We do know LE stated they expect more arrests and that IY did not act alone, so we will see what comes of that.

In this day of social media followers being called "friends", I find that many young people in my kids' age group (and AB's) view their circle differently than my generation. They use "best friend" the way I would have use "friend" or "good friend" and they use "friend" the way I would have used "I know them" for an acquaintance. The honor of best friend was reserved for one person when I was their age, but now it can apply to many and many who are just people they know are called friends .

The thing about taking Aniah for robbery purposes that doesn't make sense is that she does not appear to have anything of real value. Her car isn't a luxury vehicle. Her clothes don't look outrageously expensive. She isn't carrying a purse. Targeting her for robbery doesn't seem to make sense. However, nothing in this case seems to make sense. Her poor family.

I get the feeling of it being someone close involved, but I'd like to see how IY fits into that picture, especially in Auburn. I could understand this more if the crime happened in Montgomery, but it being in Auburn throws a loop to me and how IY would be connected in the entire scheme.

The thing about taking Aniah for robbery purposes that doesn't make sense is that she does not appear to have anything of real value. Her car isn't a luxury vehicle. Her clothes don't look outrageously expensive. She isn't carrying a purse. Targeting her for robbery doesn't seem to make sense. However, nothing in this case seems to make sense. Her poor family.

I see what you are saying, but the car does not have to be a luxury vehicle to be targeted and if they shoved her into the car, to me it suggests more than that. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2