CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I was a news editor - I would have stationed a reporter outside the line drawn by the Judge and given them photos of all the witnesses - and they could have live-tweeted when they showed up to court - at least we would know who was testifying? Unless they all entered through the tent or this would not have been allowed?

I'm still wondering which witness the defense and prosecution spoke privately with the judge about - and why. Was it the worker who interviewed PF in jail? Was it about what questions would be allowed?

Before KK came forward, RS wouldn't have known about any of that. He would have taken PF's word for whatever went down. IIRC, when PF was finally arrested, RS stepped up to a reporter outside the courtroom and volunteered that PF "didn't do it". IIRC, it might also have been RS who told the reporter that LE should be looking at a guy KB used to date. I think he was referring to a pilot KB had known and/or dated - I suspect among other lies, PF might have told him she was staying out late and partying with an 'ex'.
Right. Another "Forget we we're here" move.
MOO

DA Dan May wanted to question SF at the Preliminary Hearing but her lawyer told the Judge that she would plead the 5th Amendment if made to testify.

Given that she did not want to testify at the preliminary, I think it's safe to assume she'd do the same at trial.

SF should not be treated any different than any other witnesses and allowed inside the courtroom.

It's not over until the prosecution rests it's case.
So she she should not be allowed in unless or until she takes the stand. Right?

I think if I was a news editor - I would have stationed a reporter outside the line drawn by the Judge and given them photos of all the witnesses - and they could have live-tweeted when they showed up to court - at least we would know who was testifying? Unless they all entered through the tent or this would not have been allowed?
I don't think anybody will ever argue that DM does not get the best photos! Decorum Order or not -- they take their cameras along. :)

4780.gif

I hope that KB's family had some input in accepting a plea deal from KK, and that it was done to get the baby safely and swiftly into their hands.

I don't want them to suffer from the added injustice of KK getting a light sentence. She didn't just "tamper with evidence", she OBLITERATED evidence. She used her nursing knowledge to take hydrogen peroxide bleach to evidence... she destroyed cell phones.... but most damning, she participating in obliterating KB.... destroying DNA evidence. If she was so afraid of PF, she could have saved that tooth. As insurance. So, in my opinion, while her testimony gave LE the timeline and the locations necessary for a conviction, she also SINGLE-HANDEDLY jeopardized that same conviction by removing evidence, destroying evidence and delaying justice.

If she had an actual conscience, she would've called LE on Thanksgiving night, while girded by her family and hundreds of safe miles away from PF, and tipped them off to KB's house. PF would've been in police custody by morning, and KB's body recovered by lunchtime. No fire, no question.

On behalf of KB's family, I can't forgive that.

MOO MOO MOO
Yes. Exactly!!

UPDATE: FBI cell phone investigator testifies #PatrickFrazee & #KelseyBerreth's phones were together repeatedly after she was allegedly killed. Testimony contradicts Frazee's statements to authorities that he last saw Berreth on Thanksgiving Day last year, Nov. 22.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

I’m still worried. Continue to stone me I guess (lol). Maybe I won’t feel completed confident about all of this until the verdict is spoken. Maybe there s something wrong with me! Lots of evidence, but some of the holes make me nervous, and I hope there are not hold-outs on the jury who think “hmm....”
BBM:

Can you put more words to this?

Would be interested to hear what you see as the specific holes in the prosecution's case.

UPDATE: FBI cell phone investigator testifies #PatrickFrazee & #KelseyBerreth's phones were together repeatedly after she was allegedly killed. Testimony contradicts Frazee's statements to authorities that he last saw Berreth on Thanksgiving Day last year, Nov. 22.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
BAM

Also this afternoon, with testimony for their case winding down, prosecutors began reviewing an elaborate timeline created by investigators, & they ticked off each event that happened in this case, beginning on Thanksgiving Day last year.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

If there is any reason they might call her, they can keep her out of the courtroom. If they end up not calling her, that is just the way it is.

Hopefully they're doing it mostly to keep SF's face out of the Berreths' face/space so they don't have to look at her (and any dirty looks she dishes) every day in close proximity. MOO Bad enough they have to look at PF in there daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs