GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the chores, revolved around what was in his truck, so no animal could disturb his souvenir.

IIRC, he changed his boots at the franch when he got home, so I also imagine that one of his outdoor "chores" that night may have been scrubbing and/or tossing out his bloody boots.

Does anyone else recall PF changing his boots being part of SF2's testimony?
If not, I can go back to look for something about the boots.

JMO.

IIRC, he changed his boots at the franch when he got home, so I also imagine that one of his outdoor "chores" that night may have been scrubbing and/or tossing out his bloody boots.

JMO.
BBM

Yes, I remember that. MOO

was there any mention of whether PF actually had any prior history with Mr. Bentley? to attempt this conspiracy with a total stranger seems even more irrational than with some one he might have known in some capacity.
He did write his life was spiraling out of control as he was getting closer to the trial.
He was probably very irrational and panicking.
moo

I suppose PF is holding on to Kelsey’s location until he can “best” use the information for his own gain.

Maybe to keep MaF out of jail or prison?

No, that ain't happening.

Saving Ma's hide would definitely not be something that PF would consider a priority.

What happens to her isn't his problem, and he doesn't care.

PF doesn't care about anyone but himself.

He'll never disclose what he did with KB's remains...at least, not intentionally.

"No Body, No Crime."

JMO.

JMO.
It was mentioned in Sam’s Facebook live.

I wrote this in my summary:

PF goes outside to do chores. SF2 saw PF change his boots on the deck (new detail).

NOV 16, 2019
Patrick Frazee murder trial: 10 key moments from testimony
[...]

Here are 10 key moments from the last two weeks of trial, in order of when they happened.

Kenney testifies about multiple plans to kill Berreth
[...]

“People go missing every day. … She had gone to an alcohol and drug rehab facility. It wouldn’t be out of the ordinary,” she testified Frazee told her, claiming Berreth had been to rehab in August.

[...]

Kenney testifies about the cleanup

[...]

“It wasn’t like a can of paint thrown on the wall,” she said. “It was like if you took a paintbrush and flicked paint on the wall.”

... She followed bloody footprints up the stairs, she said, and found the candles that Frazee had mentioned to clean. Kenney described the footprints as being larger in size and appearing to be from boots.

She said they were all over the kitchen, near the bedroom and in the bathroom.

[...]

Kenney: Frazee detailed the alleged murder
[...]

“He told me how hard it was to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family when the mother of your child is in a tote in the back of your truck,” Kenney said in court.

[...]

She testified that Frazee told her he “swung away” but called the method “inhumane” and said in the future he would stick to “normal weapons.” She said that he told her he brought a tote in from the back of the truck after he killed Berreth and put the bat inside, then washed his pants and tried to clean up.

Frazee's friend says he told him 'I found a way to kill her'
[...]

He said, ‘I figured out a way to kill her,’ ” Moore testified, “And I went, ‘Don’t even talk about things like that. Get that s**t out of your head.’ He just kind of grinned and said, ‘No body, no crime, right?'”

[...]

During that summer, Moore said, Frazee told him about how he had people spying on or watching Berreth and taking pictures of her because he said he wanted to sue her for custody of Kaylee.

[...]

Moore replied that a white, beautiful, young mother had gone missing, so it was what the media cared about.

He said Frazee’s response was: “Man, if I had known it would have blown up this big, I never would have —” and didn’t finish sentence.

[...]

Analysis of blood found at Berreth's home
[...]

The blood sample from the bathroom toilet was at least 108 septillion times more likely to be from Berreth than someone else, Rogers testified. ...

Partial tooth on Frazee's property had female human DNA
Prosecutors then asked Rogers about one of two possible tooth fragments, both of which appeared to have come from where Frazee had allegedly burned Berreth's body. ...

Rogers said she analyzed the fragment, which tested negative for blood and saliva. But a DNA test detected female human DNA , Rogers said. ...

Agent: Doesn't know where case would be without Kenney testimony

When asked where the investigation would be without Kenney's testimony , lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent Gregg Slater responded: "I honestly don't know."

He said before Kenney's Dec. 20 interview — when she spilled her testimony to law enforcement and investigators — Slater believed something had happened in Berreth's bathroom and home, but that was it. He said they didn't know about the tote, burn pit, Nash Ranch or Frazee and Kenney's meet-ups at a Florissant Conoco on Nov. 24. ...

[...]

Records tracked Berreth's phone and Kenney's phone together

Kevin Hoyland – a cell phone expert with the FBI who helped track the cell phone activity of Frazee, Berreth and Kenney – testified that cell phone records showed that Kenney's phone moved from Idaho to Colorado on Nov. 23, arrived in Colorado on Nov. 24 and left later that day, arriving back in Idaho on Nov. 25.

[...]

Analyst: Blood stains consistent with someone getting hit by bat 10-15 times

Jonathyn Priest, a former Denver police officer who now specializes as an expert in blood stain pattern analysis, testified that the blood stains found inside Berreth's townhome matched what he'd expect to find in a case of a bloodied person getting struck repeatedly by a baseball bat. He said the victim in this case — he didn't name Berreth — could have been hit 10 to 15 times.

[...]

Letters, former inmate: Frazee wanted witnesses dead

Prosecutors showed 17 different letters that a witness, who's a former inmate and convicted felon, said he exchanged with Frazee, who was in the same jail. The man is on probation now. In their passed notes, Frazee asked the man to kill witnesses — Kenney, Michelle Stein (Kenney’s friend in Idaho), John Moore (Frazee's friend who previously testified), Wendi Clark (Moore’s significant other) and lead CBI Agent Gregg Slater — and described where they live now and what they look like. In a testimony, Slater confirmed the descriptions of each person and their places of residences were all accurate.

In one letter, Frazee allegedly wrote he’d “really like to see Kenney with a bullet in her head.”

[...]

Never mind the trial, I could vote guilty based on reading this alone!

No way Patrick avoids a Murder 1 conviction.

Reportedly, PF and JD had friends in common both in and outside of the rodeo circuit. Teller County is a small community and I don't think anybody surprised that they could relate with one another.

MOO
Color me surprised. I just assumed they were cell mates. I must have missed that information! :eek:

Last edited:
Yes, they do.

Being on trial also gives PF the rare opportunity to do things such as "sit at a table" and "take notes."

Additionally, it gives him the even rarer opportunity to hear himself being described as appearing "attentive" and "somber" by reporters in the courtroom.

These characterizations of both his demeanor and actions are no doubt music to his ears.

Why, they make him sound almost intelligent!

Almost.

JMO.

Oh, to see those notes!

Patrick should take a cue from John Doe and consider eBay.

Buy It Now!
I'm in!

Never mind the trial, I could vote guilty based on reading this alone!

No way Patrick avoids a Murder 1 conviction.
Seriously. If the jury can’t find this guy guilty of first degree murder, then I have no faith that any jury could ever convict anyone of that charge.

It’s clear cut, and the evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

Scott Peterson was convicted with less evidence than this guy.

Seriously. If the jury can’t find this guy guilty of first degree murder, then I have no faith that any jury could ever convict anyone of that charge.

It’s clear cut, and the evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

Scott Peterson was convicted with less evidence than this guy.

I remember thinking Scott Peterson had to be the dumbest criminal ever as he sat watching LE search the bay where he had dumped Laci.

Now not so much.

Last edited:
Yes, they do.

Being on trial also gives PF the rare opportunity to do things such as "sit at a table" and "take notes."

Additionally, it gives him the even rarer opportunity to hear himself being described as appearing "attentive" and "somber" by reporters in the courtroom.

These characterizations of both his demeanor and actions are no doubt music to his ears.

Why, they make him sound almost intelligent!

Almost.

JMO.
Thank you for this. I know a little, but only a little about narcissists because there are two in my family. It can get ugly when they are around. I admire your intelligence!

I like to keep going back to Nov 22.
That's the most important day because it's the day of the murder.
Did he kill her that day or not? Forget all the thousands of other details afterwards if you can for a moment.
Do the facts of that day point directly to him as the murderer?
His movements on video. Her disappearance. The blood splatter. The dented floor boards. The phone records. Late for dinner. His lies of his whereabouts.
Just use common sense. Don't even worry about DNA.
I'm not really talking to anyone in particular. Just reviewing it in my mind.

I like to keep going back to Nov 22.
That's the most important day because it's the day of the murder.
Did he kill her that day or not? Forget all the thousands of other details afterwards if you can for a moment.
Do the facts of that day point directly to him as the murderer?
His movements on video. Her disappearance. The blood splatter. The dented floor boards. The phone records. Late for dinner. His lies of his whereabouts.
Just use common sense. Don't even worry about DNA.
I'm not really talking to anyone in particular. Just reviewing it in my mind.
Exactly. It’s not a hard puzzle to put together. It’s only difficult if one throws out the pieces.

Which charge will they all 12 unanimously agree to so quickly after polling and reading to understand the penal code statutes provided:

1st degree murder
Felony murder/theft
2nd degree murder
Manslaughter

All 12 must agree to just one of those. What do you think they will choose?
1st degree murder because of the premeditation and brutality involved

I'll take your first degree murder and up you to felony 1st degree murder.

I think he'll get the felony first-degree murder charge.
First degree murder, because there is a stunning amount of evidence that proves premeditation.

Like when he said to JM, “no body, no crime,” and “I figured out a way to kill her.”

Also those three solicitation attempts, and the way the crime happened (blindfold).

1st degree murder.
Done and dusted.
The jury won't even need to consider the lesser charges.

1st Degree Murder. Maybe this should be the new poll...

1st Degree murder. Hands down.

1st degree murder.

and I said:
1st degree murder because of the premeditation and brutality involved

7 = 1st degree murder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online