GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Sam Kraemer TV
NEW: The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells informed Patrick Frazee of his rights. Frazee chose to remain silent. Additionally, the defense rested its case without calling any witnesses.

Closings will not happen until Monday, though, because both attorneys are still deciding on final jury instructions. The defense is trying to get at least one of the first-degree murder charges dropped to lesser charges. The court expects to finish jury instructions today, and the jury has been sent home for the day.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter (Video)
Here’s #PatrickFrazee leaving the courthouse. He’s that first silhouette to step into the vehicle. The sheriff’s office vehicle pulled onto the curb to further block view of Frazee.
2:53 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Murder suspect wanted trial witnesses killed, inmate says in testimony
[...]

The inmate said Frazee asked him about his tattoo representing a prison gang, and eventually asked him if he could help eliminate a number of witnesses set to testify against him.

"He would pass me notes if his information was too sensitive," the man said, claiming Frazee told him he'd take care of him financially when he got out.

[...]

In court, Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater read from a number of those notes, which were written on paper towels and napkins. The notes, Slater testified, contained hit lists, along with detailed instructions on where to find the witnesses.

The hit list included Lee, her parents and her ex-husband.

[...]

"I'd really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head," read Slater from the handwritten notes. "No video, no weapon, no body, no forensics."

[...]

"Flush when you're done," Slater read from one letter.

Instead, the witness kept the letters and presented them to investigators this week.

[...]

A former homicide investigator took the stand earlier Friday, telling jurors that the amount of blood reportedly found in the victim's home suggests it may have taken 10 to 15 blows from a baseball bat to kill the young mom.

[...]

The 15-minute video begins with Lee pointing out a spot where she says she found blood spatter on the rocks around the fireplace.

"Is that consistent with someone being beaten with a bat?" prosecutor Dan May asked Priest.

"Certainly it is," Priest responded.

As Priest testified about the blood stains, Berreth's father put his head in his hands and sobbed.

[...]

Priest testified that the type of radiating blood patterns Lee described finding on the wall are consistent with what he called blunt force impacts.

[...]

@KayElJay, Thanks for the shiny new thread! :)

Sam Kraemer TV
NEW: The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells informed Patrick Frazee of his rights. Frazee chose to remain silent. Additionally, the defense rested its case without calling any witnesses.

Closings will not happen until Monday, though, because both attorneys are still deciding on final jury instructions. The defense is trying to get at least one of the first-degree murder charges dropped to lesser charges. The court expects to finish jury instructions today, and the jury has been sent home for the day.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter (Video)
Here’s #PatrickFrazee leaving the courthouse. He’s that first silhouette to step into the vehicle. The sheriff’s office vehicle pulled onto the curb to further block view of Frazee.
2:53 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Murder suspect wanted trial witnesses killed, inmate says in testimony
[...]

The inmate said Frazee asked him about his tattoo representing a prison gang, and eventually asked him if he could help eliminate a number of witnesses set to testify against him.

"He would pass me notes if his information was too sensitive," the man said, claiming Frazee told him he'd take care of him financially when he got out.

[...]

In court, Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater read from a number of those notes, which were written on paper towels and napkins. The notes, Slater testified, contained hit lists, along with detailed instructions on where to find the witnesses.

The hit list included Lee, her parents and her ex-husband.

[...]

"I'd really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head," read Slater from the handwritten notes. "No video, no weapon, no body, no forensics."

[...]

"Flush when you're done," Slater read from one letter.

Instead, the witness kept the letters and presented them to investigators this week.

[...]

A former homicide investigator took the stand earlier Friday, telling jurors that the amount of blood reportedly found in the victim's home suggests it may have taken 10 to 15 blows from a baseball bat to kill the young mom.

[...]

The 15-minute video begins with Lee pointing out a spot where she says she found blood spatter on the rocks around the fireplace.

"Is that consistent with someone being beaten with a bat?" prosecutor Dan May asked Priest.

"Certainly it is," Priest responded.

As Priest testified about the blood stains, Berreth's father put his head in his hands and sobbed.

[...]

Priest testified that the type of radiating blood patterns Lee described finding on the wall are consistent with what he called blunt force impacts.

[...]

@KayElJay, Thanks for the shiny new thread! :)

Thank you for all your hard work! I have enjoyed my first trial through WS and have learned a lot of valuable information!

Does anyone expect more charges to be filed after PF is found guilty for murdering Kelsey? Such as, conspiracy to commit murder X 10? (Or however many people were on his list)
ETA
Maybe more arrests even?
Yes, let's hope! Hopefully he'll get LWOP, so at least an additional arrest of SF would be good. I just have this feeling they know a LOT more about how she was involved.

The conspiracy to commit murder X10 might just work for BOTH of them. (Moo)

I wonder, can they give him time off in jail if he flips on her? Like, 10 years off the 200 he'll hopefully get? o_O

ETA: Moo

Last edited:
I know! What on earth could the defense even say?
Um, best I've got?

"We regretfully have to inform you that, while we, as defense attorneys often defend guilty clients, we profoundly believe in reasonable doubt.
The recent information that has come to light has left us literally speechless.
We want to remind the jury that you have heard all of the evidence against our client and if you have ANY reasonable doubt, you must vote for our client being not guilty of the death of KB
We expect your deliberation on guilt or innocence to be announced swiftly.
Please again remember,
you, the jury, hold his freedom in your hands.
Thank you."
Moo

Does anyone expect more charges to be filed after PF is found guilty for murdering Kelsey? Such as, conspiracy to commit murder X 10? (Or however many people were on his list)
ETA
Maybe more arrests even?
Yes, I wonder. Shawn Grate in OH was charged again AFTER he got the death penalty... in a separate county. But since he pled guilty to the second case, there was no trial.

ETA
Maybe more arrests even?
MaF problems wouldn't surprise me. If her brain is anything like her son's, watch out.

Yes, let's hope! Hopefully, since maybe he'll get LWOP (hoping?) at least an arrest of SF - I just have this feeling they know a LOT more about how she was involved.

I wonder, can they give him time off in jail if he flips on her? Or is that absurd?
Since pf called sf before kk, she probably knew what happened after the fact. I'm giving sf the benefit of the doubt of before knowledge, though. I don't think she'd want him to take that kind of risk. She has an LE son after all.
She obviously bad mouthed KB, which didn't help matters a bit.
It will always shock and disgust us when men kill the women who love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail