Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the jury can see the matter of degrees between certain acts as part of consensual activity and certain acts that can be reasonably expected to cause great bodily harm....
If not, god help the young women of the world and I mean that with sincerity, it’s a dangerous precedent

I'm really surprised by the FetLife and Whiplr accounts. Anyone else?
I think it depends on how she used them. She didn't meet this guy on either forum, so I think it's about as relevant as whether she'd read or seen 60 Shades of Gray.

It's been pointed out before me, but "choking" is something that happens inside your throat, like swallowing a bone. 'Strangulation' is the word for when something grips you from outside your neck.

Using the benign word, IMO, is part of the whole process of trying to make it cool and edgy.

Kind of like how doing smack (heroin) is considered cool and edgy by some people.

I'm bothered by Grace being a member of that BDSM-type Tinder app. I really hope they have the forensics on it to determine when 'her' profile was created.

From Grace Millane's message to friend while on date with murder accused sent 'alarm bells':
"Ashcroft was asked by police about Grace's sex life and whether she'd ever told her about engaging in rough sex or BDSM, she said she had not."

... So why is this un-named friend claiming she was into this sort of thing? Who is more believable - the close friend whom she was texting that night (as quoted above), or some random person who doesn't want their name to be disclosed?

Is the random person to be believed - hopefully they've sufficiently verified that person - or did they get the idea from this earlier article?

From 'Killer' claims Brit tourist asked to be strangled in 50 Shades of Grey fantasy:
“I had it on the music channel and she started talking to me about 50 Shades of Grey which is a sex fantasy movie that’s out.
“She told me that were a few things she likes doing and that she had done with her ex-partner.
“I remember her saying that her partner and her had done things from the first couple of movies,” he told DS Settle.
“They had binding, bondage with handcuffs, there was spanking with belts, choking, holding the hands down.”

Grace Millane trial: Accused 'playing out his life through Tinder' - defence lawyer

A former sexual partner of Millane's had his statement read to the court, however, much of the detail can not be reported by media due to a suppression order.

He said during their relationship Millane talked of how she had a friend who enjoyed choking during sex.

"I got the impression that this was Grace's own interest," he said.

The pair then began experimenting with rough sex, BDSM, blindfolding and role play.

He said the two trusted each other and used a safe word. Millane would also tap him three times if she wanted to stop.
Grace and I were careful to discuss not only the physical but psychological effects of BDSM."

A friend of Millane, whose identity is suppressed, also had her statement read to the court.

She said Millane had "a type" in a man.

"Grace liked the rugby player type of look. Grace's taste rarely went away from that type."

Wow wonder what they suppressed considering what they actually released.

I've been following the NZ sites but I've come to realise the UK sites like the DM give much more detail

Absolutely. Not sure what's wrong with the NZ media - whether they're too scared to report something they shouldn't, or are just lazy. One TV news channel in particular leaves a lot of information out.

Absolutely. Not sure what's wrong with the NZ media - whether they're too scared to report something they shouldn't, or are just lazy. One TV news channel in particular leaves a lot of information out.
They are following New Zealand law and customs around protecting privacy of individuals. The DM doesn't give a dmn about anyone's privacy.

A former partner of Grace's, who's identity is suppressed, had his statement read to the court on Tuesday.

After she died, he was asked by police if she had an interest in BDSM. He told officers the pair had explored and researched safe practice of asphyxiation during sex.

The pair explored this after Grace said she had a friend who liked choking during sex.

He said the pair trusted each other and would use a safe word or Grace would tap three times if she wanted him to stop.

The pair also were experimented with rough sex, blindfolding and role play.

Grace also had profiles on online BDSM communities, which was last accessed on December 1, 2018, at 3.43pm at Base Backpackers in Auckland, which was where she was staying when she died.

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused won't take the witness stand in defence case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa