Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Darrell Mack Wells?

DarrellMWells_LARGE.jpg

4491DMLA - Darrell Mack Wells

What about Darrell Mack Wells?

DarrellMWells_LARGE.jpg

4491DMLA - Darrell Mack Wells

Thanks for still searching. I think Darell has a very pronounced cupido bow that I don't see in Ben B. and his hair is already receding, being 2001. Also his eyebrows look different. I don't want to sound like a person who knows it all, but I don't see it.

Current list of exclusions:
MP2469 Michael Davis 06/26/2007 Duval FL
MP11218 James Johansen 06/13/2007 Greenbrier WV
MP4937 Anthony Medearis 08/05/2002 St. Francois MO

MP19181 Sean Nooney 12/15/2012 Pierce WA

MP7406 Shaun Steward 02/01/2008 Maricopa AZ
MP26485 Eric Smith 11/08/2013 Tazewell VA
MP56741 Scott Godsey 07/09/2018 Charlotte FL
MP12308 David Whitehurst 04/17/1992 Hillsborough FL
MP41863 Valentino Malloggi 06/10/2017 Broward FL
MP52000 Paul Glova 08/15/2018 Broward FL
MP30727 Glen Oldfield II 09/17/2015 Skamania WA
MP28265 Roger Temple 12/07/2014 Middlesex MA (link no longer accessible)
- - Alexander Glenn 08/22/2017 Florence County WI

who are you my friend??

I just realized JDJ is listed as "endangered missing". Maybe he had an illness (physical or mental). Despite the resemblance I wonder if JDJ could have survived any illness for such a long time?

I think JDJ is labeled endangered bc his truck was burned which could be an indicator of foul play. Just my guess. I really can't find much info about him.

Current list of exclusions:
MP2469 Michael Davis 06/26/2007 Duval FL Scar on lip
MP11218 James Johansen 06/13/2007 Greenbrier WV brown eyes
MP4937 Anthony Medearis 08/05/2002 St. Francois MO appendectomy in fifth grade/brown eyes
MP19181 Sean Nooney 12/15/2012 Pierce WA Left ear piercing/Hook shaped scar on his forearm and scar on abdomen

MP7406 Shaun Steward 02/01/2008 Maricopa AZ Scar on left arm
MP26485 Eric Smith 11/08/2013 Tazewell VA Brown eyes
MP56741 Scott Godsey 07/09/2018 Charlotte FL 54 in 2018 Right Shoulder Dragon with wings Tattoo, Left Shoulder Rose with Stem Tattoo, gray/partiallly gray, very residing hair line
MP12308 David Whitehurst 04/17/1992 Hillsborough FL Scar left eye, brown eyes
MP41863 Valentino Malloggi 06/10/2017 Broward FL ear piercings/Scar on his right wrist. Scar on back of head
/Tattoo of cross on inside right ankle/Teeth are broken
MP52000 Paul Glova 08/15/2018 Broward FL Missing age 17 in 2019/tattoo Skulls on right hand/green eyes
MP30727 Glen Oldfield II 09/17/2015 Skamania WA Scars on right arm and healed fractures from motorcycle wreck that occurred when MP was in his early 20s

MP28265 Roger Temple 12/07/2014 Middlesex MA (link no longer accessible) ? probably no longer missing or identified
- - Alexander Glenn 08/22/2017 Florence County WI ?

who are you my friend??

Still don't understand how this rule out list is established.....and the people they looked into. Any one? Box!! MadMcG!

Still don't understand how this rule out list is established.....and the people they looked into. Any one? Box!! MadMcG!
When I submitted Sean Christian Nooney, I received a response almost immediately! He was ruled out initially because of the small scars on Sean’s abdomen and arm (IIRC), but Collier County went ahead and contacted the ME’s office and the dentals confirmed they weren’t a match. I don’t understand some of the comparisons either...granted, I’m not a professional compare-er :confused: ...not by far, but there are several seemingly far fetched pairings. I haven’t ruled out the possibility that they may have enough information that hasn’t been released to narrow down the possibilities even further! Some identifier or piece of information we aren’t privy to that’s aiding in the comparison process. Gosh, Denim sure has made a slightly greater impact on me than most... I’d love to see him go home! Haven’t seen a case quite like this one...

I think JDJ is labeled endangered bc his truck was burned which could be an indicator of foul play. Just my guess. I really can't find much info about him.

Yes, this is totally possible!

It appears the family owned/operated a trucking company... Possibly he was an employee. (I'm guessing with this aspect, too)

I think sometimes they put people on the rule out list just because it is someone a lot of sleuths are sending in or because a family member of the missing person requests an official comparison. The rule out list on NAMUS simply means those men have been "officially" compared and are not a match. With Denim they have dental records, fingerprints and DNA to use to compare to the missing. I don't think they rule out only on the basis of things like tattoos. I have seen a case or two where the missing person had a tattoo BUT when their body was found the tattoo was NOT mentioned in the unidentified case. This happened in the Elizabeth Lamotte case: Found Deceased - NH - Elizabeth Lamotte, 16, Manchester, 6 April 1984
She had a tattoo but it was not visible when her body was found. For years we had her as an unidentified thread but no one matched her up due to the tattoo (and she was also pregnant but nobody knew Elizabeth was pregnant when she disappeared): Identified! - TN - Greene Co., WhtFem 264UFTN, 14-20, recent loss of pregnancy, Apr'85 - Elizabeth Lamotte

MOO.

Good to know....back to the search....more and more I'm thinking he came from abroad.

It also crosses my mind that he was in this country on a visa.

So many possibilities. I was thinking of his perfect teeth, lack of tattoos, spiritual journey predilection, and the real possibility that no one knows he's missing. So, I cooked this one up last night...

MH is a former cloistered monk (priest, brother or initiate) from the upstate New York area. Perhaps, Greek or Romanian Orthodox.
He did live in Brooklyn, NY in service to his religious community.
Sometime in the early 90's he did study IT.
He's probably about 48 years old.
His family would not know that he was missing, or that he left his position in the monastery, because there is no communication with the outside world.

It also crosses my mind that he was in this country on a visa.

So many possibilities. I was thinking of his perfect teeth, lack of tattoos, spiritual journey predilection, and the real possibility that no one knows he's missing. So, I cooked this one up last night...

MH is a former cloistered monk (priest, brother or initiate) from the upstate New York area. Perhaps, Greek or Romanian Orthodox.
He did live in Brooklyn, NY in service to his religious community.
Sometime in the early 90's he did study IT.
He's probably about 48 years old.
His family would not know that he was missing, or that he left his position in the monastery, because there is no communication with the outside world.
This would not explain how he knows so much about (current) video game/app coding language.

I still think we should take him at his word. He didn't have an accent so I think we can rule out foreign. He didn't mention anything about a spiritual journey, either, just that he loved hiking so much he decided to complete the AT.

Also, he had a lot of money.

This would not explain how he knows so much about (current) video game/app coding language.

I still think we should take him at his word. He didn't have an accent so I think we can rule out foreign. He didn't mention anything about a spiritual journey, either, just that he loved hiking so much he decided to complete the AT.

Also, he had a lot of money.

True...true about the gaming app language. I was just waxing poetic in my head.

Does anyone remember if he was writing code in his journals? Or what even happened to his journals?

That’s what’s so frustrating about this one... the possibilities are literally endless. I honestly believe the particulars of his life story were factual. Louisiana, technology, New York, sister in Florida, etc. His time working in the tech industry for example. I imagine he did have a career in tech at some point, possibly even in New York, but maybe not immediately preceding his hike. I’m also convinced he visited or intended to visit a sister in Florida. But I’m thinking his sister was no longer living and he was referring to her grave site. JMOO

So I don’t think he was being deceitful, I just think he didn’t go into great detail about everything. After all, they were complete strangers who shared brief encounters while hiking across the country.

The amount of cash he had is also significant IMO. I do wish we knew a little more about the actually coding they found in his belongings. I know nothing about coding, but surely that would hold a clue.

MOO - Both he and his family knew he’d be taking this trip and would probably not be returning. I don’t think he was running from anything criminal. But I do believe he may have been living the better part of his life under an assumed identity. Soon after he was discovered, I remember reading somewhere that he spoke to one hiker about an abusive father. There may be some truth to that as well.

For instance, a long lost son of Henry Lee Lucas who has, for obvious reasons, been living a very traumatized and secretive life. There’s nothing criminal about that. In fact, for someone in that position it seems almost necessary in order to hopefully live anything close to a “normal” life. Then to top all that off, you discover you have a terminal illness (theoretically speaking), I think I’d do something very similar to what Denim did. Come to terms with your inevitable fate, say goodbye to your family and make arrangements for their futures, take some necessities and a little cash and hit the road. Who wants to live a life on those terms much less die that way too? JMOO of course.

@UnlicensedPI I might have missed a post, but did you ever have any luck or responses with the check-in lists from the church in Duncannon PA? I think I remember you reaching out to some different groups about that.
(Sorry if I am remembering incorrectly - not pointing fingers at all!)
I reached out to the church hosting the spaghetti dinners. They agreed the man has to be our Doe, but wouldn't share the list with me. I'm sure there are privacy concerns there which is understandable. They said they already shared everything with police. IMO asking police to take a closer look at the log on that date (going beyond looking for his alias, contacting other guests to see if they remember anything) would be the next step. IIRC it's really difficult to reach the right person for this case, and I'm not sure how to push this idea without overstepping boundaries and telling the CCSO how to do their jobs

You know, you're all going above and beyond to bring Mostly Harmless/Denim back to a home he chose to reject for his own whatever reasons. I appreciate the hard work by ALL.

Me, if I'm found on the trail dead, from natural reasons, I hope you never solve my mystery. But please feel free to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member