Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to some quick google research it takes 1 man with a helper 4-5 hours to dig a 6' grave and cadaver dogs can smell up to 15' below the surface.

I just can't decide whether his original intent was to move her to a predetermined location or leave her be discovered at the site of the attack.
Based on my experience with the soil in the Farmington Valley it would be near impossible to dig a 6 foot grave by hand.The soil is full of rocks and stones. MOO.

Regarding the EE 2001 Toyota Tacoma referenced in AW2 here is a link to specs for vehicle. IDK if EE had the 4x4 or 4x2 model but we do know he had the extended cab due to the FD request to 'swap out the rear seat' using FD Porsche Cayenne seat. I am still not seeing how the Porsche seats fits into the 'door and a 1/2' version of the Tacoma and I wonder if EE had the 4 door version instead?

Here is a photo of the 4x4 version with 1.5 doors:

View attachment 216501

https://www.cars.com/research/toyota-tacoma-2001/specs/usb10tot092a0/

Was it the rear seat? I thought we determined it was the front seat. MOO.

Based on my experience with the soil in the Farmington Valley it would be near impossible to dig a 6 foot grave by hand.The soil is full of rocks and stones. MOO.

If he prepared it over time, he could have taken hand augers on a bike or dirt bike or atv. Still not easy but not as hard. The shovel could have been used this time just for covering up. MOO.

In terms of voids like you can find with a detector and things that show up in aerial photographs, a six-foot-deep hole would be much easier to find than a shallow grave. It would be another giveaway that someone planned it all—no random burglar or whatever FD wanted people to think (sure). MOO.

I agree it might be a good strategy to look again now. You can tell that the ground is beginning to freeze but due to the recent rain is still fairly soft. But, in a few more weeks and with more hard frosts then the ground will be as hard as rock. I do wonder though if LE believes that the search they did during their week in the Park previously was sufficient? IDK. What always surprises me is how much movement there is in the ground soil in CT. I'm not sure if its because of all the rock that is buried deep underground and is always moving depending on the season? But its always incredible to see the rocks that rise to the surface of the soil each Spring. MOO

Also in winter, animals begin digging for things they or others have hidden or that they can smell and that, combined with freeze-thaw cycles and, yes, the shifting of rock and soul can be helpful. What animals might not search for in good weather, they might in bad.

259.00 11/20/2019 P TRIAL MANAGEMENT REPORT
Document.gif
newred.gif

AMENDED TO ADD WITNESS
Gotta love the witness list!

For FD, the witness list is just himself, and one of the witnesses who is also a witness for the plaintiff.

If he prepared it over time, he could have taken hand augers on a bike or dirt bike or atv. Still not easy but not as hard. The shovel could have been used this time just for covering up. MOO.
But preparing over time takes risk. How would he know someone had not happened upon it during his many day preparation?
I am a KISS person.
Just doesn't gibe with me.
MOO.

EEtruck.png upload_2019-11-20_22-33-19.png
Was it the rear seat? I thought we determined it was the front seat. MOO.
Here are the 2 paragraphs from AW2 that deal with this issue of the EE Red Truck Seats. I just looked at the photo of EE truck from Russell Speeders Car Wash and it clearly looks to be the 1.5 door version. So, I can only conclude (as you said in your OP) that FD wanted EE to swap out the FRONT seats as the rear portion of the this particular truck just has jump seats.

upload_2019-11-20_22-33-19.png

According to an attorney, the estranged husband of missing New Canaan woman Jennifer Dulos, Fotis Dulos, is trying to prevent Jennifer's mother from kicking him out of his home in Farmington that his company built.
Fotis Dulos trying to prevent mother-in-law from kicking him out of house

Things that make you go Mmmm......

FD chooses to not make payments on 4Jx and yet he is asking for 10 (ten, yes 10!) years of financial information from the Farber interests?

upload_2019-11-20_22-38-0.png

Quotes from article:
Weinstein wants an immediate “protective order” so Fotis Dulos and his civil attorney William Murray cannot have access to years-worth of Farber family financial documents, according to documents filed Tuesday.

“The plaintiff (Farber) believes that the defendants (Fotis Dulos and his company the Fore group) are anxious to secure information concerning the assets of the Farber family, assets that were or are in Jennifer Dulos’ name, as well as those pertaining to the Dulos children,” Weinstein said in the motion.

Weinstein brought up the foreclosure in the motion as a way of demonstrating that Murray and Fotis Dulos are on a “fishing expedition” with the amount of information they are seeking from Mark Dean, the administrator of a trust formed to oversee some of the financial issues related to the lawsuits.

Dean was asked to bring more than a decade’s worth of the Farber family’s financial documents to a deposition Wednesday at Murray’s West Hartford office. [BBM]

MOO

But preparing over time takes risk. How would he know someone had not happened upon it during his many day preparation?
I am a KISS person.
MOO.

I don’t think it takes that much risk if you go in an area where others aren’t like at night and you’re in an off-the-path location. You could dig the hole, get the dirt loose, put the dirt back in loosely or put leaves, etc. over it, and then be ready. You wouldn’t leave an open hole. I really have thought it was a drum in the water or thrown over a ravine so this isn’t my theory. I was just trying to think how it might have gone—idle musing!!! Lol!

I think we have stated previously several times his model is a 2 door only, extended cab. 2001 Toyota Tacoma xtra cab 2 dr 3.4 Liter 6 Cylinder 4 speed. Interesting fact is the older Tacoma models have a larger trunk bed compared to new modelsupload_2019-11-20_14-48-1.png

View attachment 216529 View attachment 216528
Here are the 2 paragraphs from AW2 that deal with this issue of the EE Red Truck Seats. I just looked at the photo of EE truck from Russell Speeders Car Wash and it clearly looks to be the 1.5 door version. So, I can only conclude (as you said in your OP) that FD wanted EE to swap out the FRONT seats as the rear portion of the this particular truck just has jump seats.

View attachment 216528

I think that might be it as I recall trying to figure out forever how the Porsche Cayenne seats would fit esp. once I realized that’s an SUV. I think we decided he had the body or parts in the front and maybe was shoving them over the seat into the back floor when the blood got on the seat and then EE kept the old seat. I think! MOO.

I think we have stated previously several times his model is a 2 door only, extended cab. 2001 Toyota Tacoma xtra cab 2 dr 3.4 Liter 6 Cylinder 4 speed. Interesting fact is the older Tacoma models have a larger trunk bed compared to new models

I think so, too. I had a similar truck and you lay the front seat down a bit to climb over to the jump seat or put stuff back there. That narrow back area with jump seats is mostly for kids and tools, etc. MOO.

I am a KISS person.
MOO.
It's not a theory that works for me either (digging by hand to bury her), though one never knows with him.

However, needing to dig to hide something small - like a phone, ring, tooth, something that he had originally intended to keep of hers, and then changed his mind once LE were all over him, OR something of HIS (weapon, bank records?) he needed to hide because it connected him to that or another crime - now, that's another story.

I think so, too. I had a similar truck and you lay the front seat down a bit to climb over to the jump seat or put stuff back there. That narrow back area with jump seats is mostly for kids and tools, etc. MOO.
Yes! Thus, the two seats mentioned were the drivers and passenger seats. The bench seats will not fit in his Jeep. IMO

I don’t think it takes that much risk if you go in an area where others aren’t like at night and you’re in an off-the-path location. You could dig the hole, get the dirt loose, put the dirt back in loosely or put leaves, etc. over it, and then be ready. You wouldn’t leave an open hole. I really have thought it was a drum in the water or thrown over a ravine so this isn’t my theory. I was just trying to think how it might have gone—idle musing!!! Lol!
That takes manual labor and effort. IMO, it's not how our boy rolls.

I did a search and found a long post I wrote that I’m throwing out here because it addresses things we’ve brought up in these recent posts:

From Sept.13, 2019:

“Just a few minor thoughts...first is that LE seems to think he put the body in the front passenger seat of the Tacoma. It might not have been completely intact but perhaps not entirely dismembered then, either. I think it was wrapped up in something because the alternative is ludicrous but, yes, something leaked. If he used a tarp or rug (hmmm: MT), it was another point for not being smart in MOO because neither of those items—especially a tarp—is designed to hold in fluids. Tarps are intended to keep fluids out but not to absorb, and rugs may absorb unless they’ve been treated with stain repellant but then fluids can flow or drip off—or the rug touches another substance like a car seat and some of the fluid comes off on the car seat. In my years as a veterinary assistant and with many pets over the years, I learned that moving a (sadly) deceased animal such as to bury or have cremated is best done by first wrapping it in something absorbent like a blanket and then putting that into double trash bags. I wouldn’t put a pet in just a trash bag anyway but it’s a bad idea because trash bags tear and things can leak if blood or other substances were released such as from an accident. Even contractor bags can be torn. He could have used Tyvek like they use to wrap houses or to wear on hazardous or dusty sites. FD didn’t know her disappearance would be noticed so quickly so he thought at first he had more time.

At the same time, by leaving her car at the park, he wanted it to seem like someone else had abducted her. In that case, it would seem more logical that her body could be discarded (horrible) fairly close by like in woods or wherever people commonly dump bodies there. I have no stats on this but it seems like when people abduct and kill a stranger, they just try to dump or bury the whole body in a remote place ASAP. I say that because the longer you keep it around (gross), the more likely it is that you’ll be caught with it. If the aim is to avoid connection with the body, dismembering it takes some time and it also increases the amount of surfaces where evidence might be found. (Awful.) You know how they tell you not to wash chicken before cooking it because doing so can splatter salmonella or other chicken grossness all over? Kind of like that. (Yuck.) Thus, dismembering is not a good idea regardless but this is FD, arrogant and ignorant in MOO.

I also have thought that he might have had a prepared grave ready for some time. The thing with that, though, is that no matter how long the hole has been there, when you put something in it, you will have leftover and clearly disturbed soil and the soil will look disturbed especially from a distance like with aerial photographs. Environmental firms use historical and current aerials to try to determine areas of disturbed soil, burn piles, etc. that might indicate underground storage tanks or disposal of possibly hazardous materials. You can try to tamp it down but loose soil is attractive to animals and if you tamp it down too hard, there’ll be a depression when the soil settles and some is lost to runoff. I rather think that FD wouldn’t care if her body were found as long as it was thought that someone else did it like a person at the park with no cameras. So I feel like dumping her body would have been a choice of his except that it all became discovered more quickly than he thought.

It would have been much more risky to bury or dump her body on his property than elsewhere because if it were found, that’s a link to him, not a random stranger at the park. But then again, he never thought he’d get caught.

If he had decided on dismembering and/or just placing a drum in the lake, he would have needed to do that somewhere like at his house. The drums they use on construction sites like to contain soil cuttings from when exploratory borings are advanced for geotechnical foundation or environmental site-assessment testing purposes are sturdier and designed with locking lids you secure and hammer on/lock because the soils could contain oil or hazardous materials. You don’t usually do a geotechnical foundation study for a regular house because the live loads aren’t that heavy and the houses don’t cost that much but for an expensive house and property like those, banks would want that done here at least. But maybe not for FD’s way of financing.

Anyway, putting a person who weighed 88 pounds or even 120 in one wouldn’t be that hard in MOO. I imagine it would be prudent to add something in the drum to fill it and weight it down further or make it easier to roll but those drums are made to withstand corrosion and they’re heavy themselves. I can’t see them floating. People dump drums of hazardous waste even like waste oil in some places because it’s cheaper than paying for proper disposal especially if it’s a highly toxic hazardous waste. Getting one in a truck isn’t that hard, either. FD must have a Bobcat but even if not, he has ramps or boards or even a lift gate on his truck. People roll the drums or “dance” them over to the vehicle and roll them up a ramp or winch them, etc. FD would have the equipment. Farmers, mechanics, etc. do it all the time with waste oil, etc.

You DO have a lot of water sources there and he was familiar with them. Maybe that’s not what he did but I don’t see those drums corroding anytime soon and he’d be dumb to put holes in the drum since DNA-containing pieces could leak out. Starting a hole would accelerate the breakdown of the drum. What I wonder about that possibility, though, is once you get to the water, you either have to dump the drum near the edge or move it to a boat and then go out to the middle of the water with it. Moving a drum into and out of a boat would be a giant pain in my view because you’d need to lift it out and up. So, in that case, I’d vote for off the bed of a truck into the water, so it’d be near the edge, or a place where you could back up onto a pier, etc. It’d still be close to where people might be. Discovery would be much likely if it’s a body of water where people can swim or boat. Some reservoirs and lakes here don’t allow either but do all of yours? I’d look at one that doesn’t if there is one. Or, yes, a retention pond like the one where the guy saw a car via Google Earth and the car and man had been in there 22 years. Retention ponds like for dewatering aren’t for swimming and often are secluded or protected by cranky geese so they would be a possibility.

Why the bloody items weren’t left with the body makes me think the body was dumped hurriedly. Also, people who abduct and dump a person don’t often have a lot of used cleaning supplies with them because maybe those could contain DNA and that just seems like something random abductors wouldn’t do but a person obsessed with order like FD might. Or not. I have no idea, clearly.

I don’t know if he did any of this. I just thought I’d share some possible scenarios that might fit or be discounted by those you all have.

I’m terrible at estimating time and visualizing distances and directions so I can’t even try to help there at all.

MOO.

HopeForTheBest, Sep 13, 2019Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members