The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew to mark his 60th birthday in February.

Instead, the monarch is said to be arranging a small family dinner for the Duke, according to The Sunday Times. His birthday is on February 19.

The news comes just days after the Queen effectively sacked him from his royal duties at the behest of her eldest son in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

It has also emerged that Andrew's bungled BBC Newsnight interview was not sanctioned in advance by the Queen.

Queen cancels Prince Andrew's 60th birthday party | Daily Mail Online

Prince Andrew is ALREADY plotting a comeback, but Charles wants him 'permanently retired': Duke intends clearing his name by speaking to the FBI as Royal sources say he is 'naively positive'

Prince Andrew is ALREADY plotting a comeback, but Charles wants him 'permanently retired' | Daily Mail Online

I really hope Prince Andrew gets the message and doesn’t attempt a comeback. I don’t think the best PR people in the world could even help him comeback from this terrible scandal.

I'm not surprised PA is already plotting a comeback. He was furious his daughters aren't full time royals so l doubt he's coping well.

There was a ComRes poll out this morning that stated 58% of respondents would like to see the monarchy abolished. Apparently a misprint, I did think that was alarmingly high! Although 54% think the time has come to slim down the monarchy, I have to say I absolutely agree.

I thought it was already slimmed down. I don't know why the Duke and Duchess of Kent are still on the payroll though....

I'm not surprised PA is already plotting a comeback. He was furious his daughters aren't full time royals so l doubt he's coping well.

I thought it was already slimmed down. I don't know why the Duke and Duchess of Kent are still on the payroll though....

I don’t think Prince Charles and the Duke of Cambridge will allow Prince Andrew to make a comeback.

Good Morning Britain is debating whether Prince Andrew should lose his HRH title this morning and no longer appear on the balcony and at Trooping The Colour. I can’t see this happening.

They are reporting Ghislaine is getting ready to speak to the FBI it will be interesting if this does happen and if Prince Andrew is mentioned.

I am looking forward to moving on from this terrible royal scandal but still feel tremendous sympathy for all the victims involved. I hope Ghislaine and others are held legally accountable and the legal process with the civil suits etc is successful.

Inside the Royal Family's PR Crisis from Prince Andrew to Meghan & Harry

This will be a huge wake up call for the RF, and if it's not it should be! There's a very good point in this article about communications. IMO the Royal Family should move as one complete entity; one press office, one social media account per channel, one vision, instead of having all of these separate factions pushing their own interests. The Monarch should be seen as being in control and not being at the mercy of family member's every whim.

We've seen recently between William and Harry how, what probably started as an ordinary sibling squabble, can take on a life of it's own. With everybody's PR desperately trying to push their client to the front and portray them as the good guy or the victim, it gets out of control. When Team Cambridge is only interested in their client, and Team Sussex is only interested in theirs, it becomes a PR war zone. Something that could, and without doubt, should have been sorted out behind closed doors, has become a very undignified public battle.

It's not a good look for lower ranked members of the royal family to be seen as publicly undermining either the monarch or future monarchs. There is a positive side to this latest debacle in that Charles and William have shown that they might just have what is needed to take control. A lot of the British public still aren't enamoured with Charles and don't think he will make a good king so this his given him at least a small boost in public confidence!

As much as we all feel the monarchy is in safe hands, there is a not insignificant public feeling of fear about what may happen to our most revered institution when the dear Queen departs us. I would hate for the final years of her service to be overshadowed by the PA problem and squabbling between other family members who should know better. I would like to think that those who know her and love her as a mother and grandmother, not just "The Queen" would feel the same way and might now think about falling into line and behaving themselves.

If it is, it's not far enough. At this point I'm surprised Danny Dyer isn't on the Civil List!

I think a lot of people believe that it should be trimmed down to only immediate heirs and their families. I don't think I would take it this far, there are Royals who are not immediate heirs that still do a great job with minimum fuss, such as Princess Anne and Sophie Countess of Wessex. It would be a travesty for them to lose their positions.

As much as I enjoy the Royals and I strongly believe they have an important role in modern society, I'm not blind to the problems and I can sympathise with the other side of the argument. It's ridiculous that no matter what an awful person one might be, there is still an expectation that we should provide for them and curtsy to them. Perhaps the next monarch should take more of a promotion/demotion approach. If you can prove that you are willing to do the work and have the correct attitude, you will be rewarded with public duties and funding to carry them out. If not, you're out, rather than the expectation of a privileged lifestyle purely through accident of birth.

I don’t think Prince Charles and the Duke of Cambridge will allow Prince Andrew to make a comeback.

Good Morning Britain is debating whether Prince Andrew should lose his HRH title this morning and no longer appear on the balcony and at Trooping The Colour. I can’t see this happening.

They are reporting Ghislaine is getting ready to speak to the FBI it will be interesting if this does happen and if Prince Andrew is mentioned.

I am looking forward to moving on from this terrible royal scandal but still feel tremendous sympathy for all the victims involved. I hope Ghislaine and others are held legally accountable and the legal process with the civil suits etc is successful.

BBM: Absolutely. This is an important point that is being lost with many people. This scandal isn't actually about the Royal Family, it's about the exploitation and abuse of vulnerable women and under age girls.

Having Ghislane testify will not help Prince Andrew.

She won’t be perceived as credible.

BBM: Absolutely. This is an important point that is being lost with many people. This scandal isn't actually about the Royal Family, it's about the exploitation and abuse of vulnerable women and under age girls.

Yes. Andrew made a terrible miscalculation because Epstein’s original case and sentence was so minimized in the USA. It’s the horror of this case.

The new evidence, arrest, and death of Epstein opened up what originally should have been prosecuted. And it is horrifying.

Maybe Andrew thought since Epstein died he could spin it his way? But his fresh PR debacle comes from stating he’s too honorable as an excuse for being friends with a malicious pedophile. —This, among other gross points he made to justify sex, and his own debauched behavior.

There is no honor in Andrew’s connection to this truly horrible man. No honor for any man, much less a member of the BRF.

This case is not going away. It will go on for years in civil court, and more stories will come out. Was Andrew so naive he didn’t know that? No. He knew that. But what’s pathetic is the arrogance of him thinking he could pawn it off as some measure of his own character being “too honorable” which is clearly not true.

I truly feel for Beatrice and Eugenie who were very young when all this was going on.

The future faces of royalty: Fascinating computer-aged portraits show how the youngest royals could look in 20 years - with Archie inheriting Meghan Markle's freckles and Prince Louis getting Kate Middleton's eyes

How Archie will look when he grows up | Daily Mail Online

C0A62780-B4C8-46E6-81D2-41D69EF9CB4A.jpeg 65CA7A40-EEF8-4B1D-9F89-BAD62BE02D33.jpeg 4D0EE1A0-2982-46D0-A0EA-BD959FB72A06.jpeg 2585A04E-5861-425A-A479-9A59EBA2447B.jpeg 0CC1F589-D37A-4CDA-8F10-831D7F9B24AE.jpeg 080E1A2D-B2CD-4231-BDA5-F4A85B3B0284.jpeg DC526EFB-012F-455C-96C3-9731C85F6B6E.jpeg D478F41F-2B11-4F95-AA84-4CA0356CB88B.jpeg 31F36748-D492-4F8E-867B-9322469A379C.jpeg 2B45C3BE-DDF2-416D-88D8-8FE75BB4BC4F.jpeg

Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Prince George and Savannah Philips.

I recall a side by side of Charlotte and a baby Queen and the resemblance was strong. They’ll all be good looking whatever that means imo
I hope prince Phillip is doing well
The Queen has said she’d never hand over the title? I wonder if she’s considered it at all lately with the drama . I’d be like bye I’ll be in Scotland.

Ot foodnetwork is playing lots of holiday stuff. I’m sick of Christmas cookie shows already But Alton brown is back?!?! I’ll take that

The future faces of royalty: Fascinating computer-aged portraits show how the youngest royals could look in 20 years - with Archie inheriting Meghan Markle's freckles and Prince Louis getting Kate Middleton's eyes

How Archie will look when he grows up | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 217479 View attachment 217480 View attachment 217481 View attachment 217482 View attachment 217483 View attachment 217484 View attachment 217485 View attachment 217486 View attachment 217487 View attachment 217488

Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Prince George and Savannah Philips.

I think Prince Andrew has strong connections to Ghislane Maxwell & thought these connections would help blunt any criticicm.

I think The Queen and Prince Charles are also very unhappy that Prince Andrew had Epstein & Ghislane in their midst multiple times, in Sandringham, Windsor, and Buckingham Palace, and even for Beatrice’s 18th birthday.

No wonder Andrew is being bounced down the steps

It has been closed for days. Will it ever open?
Why does this post make me want to post a Thanksgiving recipe? Can you move this to the Royals thread, or is it still closed?

it has been closed for days. Will it ever open? I miss the fun comments on the page, so until if it ever opens, perhaps we can post here.

It has been closed for days. Will it ever open?
Why does this post make me want to post a Thanksgiving recipe? Can you move this to the Royals thread, or is it still closed?

it has been closed for days. Will it ever open? I miss the fun comments on the page, so until if it ever opens, perhaps we can post here.

The Queen was joined by one of her precious pooches as she left Buckingham Palace for Windsor Castle today.

Her Majesty, 93, who was chauffeur-driven to her desired destination, wrapped up warm in a khaki coloured jacket, and added a blue and white floral patterned silk head scarf to complete the look.

The monarch was in great company and brought along Dorgi Candy - one of her corgi-dachshund mixes - for the one-and-a-half-hour journey.

The Queen is joined by a furry companion as she leaves Buckingham Palace for Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

2887C865-1395-4872-97A3-216E9E7CB66B.jpeg

Did you know Her Majesty had dorgi dogs which are a corgi-dachshund mix as well as corgis? This photo is from yesterday I’m so glad Her Majesty still has her dog Candy to provide companionship.

Hopefully the royals thread will reopen when the PA situation calms down. I hope we have somewhere to discuss Her Majesty’s Christmas Message and the service the royal family attend on Christmas Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa