CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

It is difficult to believe such a thing can go on nowadays.

On the other hand; it is not hard to believe, corruption, money, power and cover-up, at minimum, rule the world in some areas/cases and is what appears to have went on.

I am not from the area but some people should be out of office and recalled.

It may never happen, but should, but rest assured there will be a final verdict elsewhere than on earth to those of us that believe that.

Parts of the body missing, do they really think people are that stupid? No, they simply think the public/people can do nothing about it... Again imo.

I find it absolutely unbelievable there is not a person in power nor a politician who will not stick their neck out and actually has some morals around at all to speak up here.

Please know I have nothing but sympathy for Rebecca's family.

I have not followed this case every single day but have seen all of the TV coverage and am well aware of it, and the family's unending efforts to show how wrong this investigation was.

Jmo.

I so agree with you in everything you said-- what a shame no one will step up and do the right thing-- there should be an independent investigation.

It is difficult to believe such a thing can go on nowadays.

On the other hand; it is not hard to believe, corruption, money, power and cover-up, at minimum, rule the world in some areas/cases and is what appears to have went on.

I am not from the area but some people should be out of office and recalled.

It may never happen, but should, but rest assured there will be a final verdict elsewhere than on earth to those of us that believe that.

Parts of the body missing, do they really think people are that stupid? No, they simply think the public/people can do nothing about it... Again imo.

I find it absolutely unbelievable there is not a person in power nor a politician who will not stick their neck out and actually has some morals around at all to speak up here.

Please know I have nothing but sympathy for Rebecca's family.

I have not followed this case every single day but have seen all of the TV coverage and am well aware of it, and the family's unending efforts to show how wrong this investigation was.

Jmo.
We have reached out to politician's over the past 8 years and have received no assistance. Usually just a general BS response of there is nothing they can do, one sent a letter back reminding us how hard they have worked for their state building better road. Maybe she should fire who sorts intake letters since we never asked about the horrible roads in California

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.

Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.

Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

I was just watching Oxygen and they had a re-run of one of their shows on this case. It is so clear that the San Diego Police Dept has done a whitewash job on this case. One of the most astounding pieces of info that I was not aware of was a message found on her phone: they made it sound like a suicide note: they cherry picked certain words from that message when in fact when you read the entire message you become aware of two things: it was not written in conjunction with the death of her boyfriend's son, and her message was much longer with an entirely different meaning. The forensic criminologist who opined on this case was adamant that this case needs to be reopened and re-investigated with new DNA technology since 2011 and an open mind: he felt the cause of death was clearly undetermined, as opposed to suicide.

HLN called yesterday and let us know they will be airing a show about Rebecca. It is under name of Real Life Nightmares episode Million Dollar Death, December 7th 2019 at 7:00P.M. CST.
Watched this show last night on the DVR. I thought things were hinky when I first read about the case, but the show made me revisit the case and led me here. I was particularly impressed with the handwriting analysis. It seemed so obvious.
Also, naked suicide is fairly unexplored, relatively rare and usually associated with psychosis. Rebecca did not demonstrate any signs of psychosis. She was able to organize travel and pick up family members, coherently text and speak to family... Her journal sounded like any young woman questioning a relationship that may no longer have felt fulfilled. That's not depression.
The menses is another issue. I believe that a female would have donned underwear or used a feminine product to avoid anything that may be unsightly. And the rare naked suicides reported that weren't a psychotic jumping were usually indoors. Why in public? If Rebecca truly was suicidal, then why not hang herself off the baluster on the second floor where the chandelier was? Or in any other place indoors. And why all of the effort with the binding of legs and arms and the knots? If she was committing suicide, she wouldn't have cared to make it look like a murder. And the effort that it takes to stage all of that is huge. With depression, even brushing teeth requires too much effort. I truly believe she was murdered.
Naked Suicide

Last edited:
I was just watching Oxygen and they had a re-run of one of their shows on this case. It is so clear that the San Diego Police Dept has done a whitewash job on this case. One of the most astounding pieces of info that I was not aware of was a message found on her phone: they made it sound like a suicide note: they cherry picked certain words from that message when in fact when you read the entire message you become aware of two things: it was not written in conjunction with the death of her boyfriend's son, and her message was much longer with an entirely different meaning. The forensic criminologist who opined on this case was adamant that this case needs to be reopened and re-investigated with new DNA technology since 2011 and an open mind: he felt the cause of death was clearly undetermined, as opposed to suicide.
It was the San Diego Sheriff Department, They did open the case up and still did not test anything our experts advised to test.

Last edited:
KPBS Suing For Public Access To San Diego Sheriff’s Department Response Times To Citizen Complaints

KPBS Suing For Public Access To San Diego Sheriff's Department Response Times To Citizen Complaints
SDSD does not respond to complaints that are submitted to Internal Affairs. Gore seems to stick his head in the sand and hope the problem will go away. With our complaint we did not hear anything until we conducted a press conference. Then after several phone calls of SDSD employees all saying they can't help me.
Then we received a letter stating we have found no bias for an internal affairs investigation. Our complaint fell on deaf ears, and they did nothing. Not a thing.

Last edited:
SDSD does not respond to complaints that are submitted to Internal Affairs. Gore seems to stick his head in the sand and hope the problem will go away. With our complaint we did not hear anything until we conducted a press conference. Then after several phone calls of SDSD employees all saying they can't help me.
Then we received a letter stating we have found no bias for an internal affairs investigation. Our complaint fell on deaf ears, and they did nothing. Not a thing.

Thanks for confirmation @ Burma.

I remember several months ago I came across a deposition that was probably for this case by KPBS. I don't remember if it was internal affairs or the public information officer but the party finally admitted under oath that she had a longtime history with Gore going back to his days with FBI. (I think she was also married to his cousin). If I recall correctly he convinced her to come out of retirement to take the job she was well over-qualified for. Typical Gore -- controlling and/or covering up any info released about his department.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back