ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I suppose if others saw this area, they might understand where we're coming from.

I really do wish that there was other witnesses that came forward or some video of her walking that day. Hopefully someone with a Dash cam will have her walking and where she was headed.

Otherwise, about 3/4 of the people seem convinced this is self harm, going by her last two posts she allegedly made earlier that morning on her FB. They could be right, too.

Yet I just can't let this go yet and convince myself this is self harm. Too many holes in this for me to be comfortable with this conclusion. Hopefully she will be found soon.

To me, this would be a very odd place for self harm.
Yeah, definitely an odd place for self harm, but I suppose if one were doing it by simply submerging themselves in freezing water, this is one of the most calm places to do it in the area.

I have high capacity dash cams on my cars and they'll only store 2-3 days worth of driving (obviously contingent upon how much driving is done), so I'm doubtful that anyone has footage from that day. :/

I grew up in/currently live in Portland and drive this stretch of 295 all the time. The traffic is heavy between 630 and 830am, as many are driving into Portland from surrounding towns for work. If she got out of her car where they say she did and was walking, she’d have been seen by hundreds of cars. Hard to believe no one else has come forward as a witness to her walking on the side of the road. I’ve never seen a person walking on 295 north of Portland and if I did it would absolutely stand out.
I agree and had stated earlier that she had to have been passed by 100+ cars at that time (if she was walking for more than a couple of minutes). I traveled that route on an almost daily basis for years and have never once seen anyone walking there either - that would most certainly have really stuck out to any locals.

I agree. I live closeby and that area of 295 is heavily traveled, almost all the time, I would argue. I'm holding out hope. Has the public been asked to help aid in the search effort? I know they are asking for tips, etc., but I didn't know if any of the general public had search parties.

To be honest, I think a lot of folks don't realize just how heavily trafficked that area is, all of the time. They think of Maine with beautiful oceans, lighthouses, countrified areas. They don't realize that this area is a busy area, even at that time of the morning. I have traveled in that area various times during the morning, evenings, and late at night, and there is always traffic here. Always. It is a city.

To not have anyone else come forward and state that they saw her walking on a time in the morning where traffic is heavy from people going to work, has me suspicious. I do realize that not everyone listens to the news and some may not be aware of her being missing, but to not have anyone else see her besides one tow truck driver? No way. Uh uh.

I am not saying that this isn't a case of self harm- it could be. But that area- a woman jumping, at any time, day, evening, early morning hours, someone would have seen her and called 911. Just no way.

We need video of Anneliese walking from other motorists driving by, or other witnesses to come forward if they were driving by that morning to call LE and tell them if they saw her or not that morning.

We don't even know if she was home the night before- no one knows that to be a fact. No one was with her to confirm she was home all night. She wasn't heading to work, she wasn't heading to pick up her son for the day or drop him off (this is just me thinking aloud and saying this didn't happen about her son), she wasn't meeting friends for breakfast, and so far, it doesn't appear that she had a doctor's appointment or any other errand she was suppose to be running that would put her there.

It's just an odd place to do self harm. Very highly trafficked area, someone would have seen her, especially where she was allegedly walking!

I have a question about the car Anneliese was driving-was it stated somewhere that the car is her mother's? Also, if there is a possibility of foul play-at what point would LE impound the car for processing of potential evidence?

I work in Human Resources and in most of the companies I've worked for, if an employee didn't report to work (as a no call, no show) for 2 days, we would contact local LE and ask them to do a wellness check. We don't know if AH called out, or if she didn't, for how many days, right? I read somewhere that her employer stated that she did not report for work, but I agree with a lot of you that there are so many details missing and there is a good chance that LE has more info that cannot/has not been released to the public yet.

This is my line of thinking.
We have been on the exact same line of thought since the beginning.... right on down to "wild goose chase" :(

Curious to know if there have been any kind of press conferences locally?? At this point, isn't there usually one by now? The KB case, the missing Maine Mom - who had actually committed suicide, the missing yoga teacher/hiker in HI who was eventually found alive (remember, she had left her keys and cellphone in her car in the park parking lot), and others had hit national news by this time and we knew about it in FL....I hope local LE has started reaching out to the MBI and even the FBI. I’m not sure how that line of command goes and who gets called in and when, but it’s been almost a week of her “ reported” missing, 9 days of her supposed last sighting... and local LE is just now asking for public’s help with dash cams, etc. ... and no AH:(

I was leaning toward self-harm but it just seems so unlikely she could go into or towards that water without anyone noticing her at that time of day.

We've all heard all the stories of someone's cousin's sister-in-law getting pulled over by guys masquerading as LE. And it does really happen from time to time. Would that cause her to leave her purse and mobile in the vehicle if he said to get into the "police" car and leave her stuff? Surely someone would have noticed a traffic stop?

Did the TTD or witness, if they aren't two separate people, which is completely unclear, really see someone and was the only person who noticed someone walking on that busy stretch?

I have to think that LE knows a lot more than they are telling us. Surely they have the phone/internet info, at least the overview, by now?

I’m leaning towards she was harmed or abducted somewhere else and her car was ditched on the highway. Maybe staged to appear as not in her right mind/self-harm? I grew up in/currently live in Portland and drive this stretch of 295 all the time. The traffic is heavy between 630 and 830am, as many are driving into Portland from surrounding towns for work. If she got out of her car where they say she did and was walking, she’d have been seen by hundreds of cars. Hard to believe no one else has come forward as a witness to her walking on the side of the road. I’ve never seen a person walking on 295 north of Portland and if I did it would absolutely stand out.

Could something have happened to her in Richmond? Was she ever even actually driving on 295? And at that time? If a woman was walking right there, could it have been someone who looks like her who was involved in her disappearance? Where was her daughter in the days leading up to her disappearance? How did no one realize she was missing until Thanksgiving dinner?

There was a suspicious death in Richmond in October, quite close to where Anneliese lived. A man was found dead in his home and it’s still being investigated as a homicide by the state police. Maine certainly has crime like everywhere else, but not a ton, so to have a suspicious death and a missing woman in the same small town within a month is odd to me. Could be a coincidence, but certainly piques my curiosity.

I ditto everything you said. I have the same questions you do. Glad to see some locals on here.

It would be so obvious if a woman or a man, or a dog or cat or any animal, walked that area. No way could you miss seeing anyone, even an animal. Again, I guess for those of us that know this area understand one another's thinking that this is just unbelievable that no one saw her walking, other than one person at that time. By now, a lot of those motorists knows she is missing, and as you said, she would stand out, even in all black. Doesn't that area also have lights if I remember correctly, along that bridge?

I don't find it unusual that nobody saw her. I've driven that road a few times over the years, mostly late at night, and I can confirm that it's always busy (at two in the morning once!) and traffic is usually moving at high speed. I couldn't tell you what the surrounding landscape is like or anything else because I was usually too busy keeping track of the other vehicles. I wouldn't have really paid attention to somebody walking unless they were very close to the lane and looked like I might have to avoid them. I suppose I would notice them, in the sense of being aware there was a person in an odd place, but not to be able to tell you exactly where they were or what they looked like. Especially if I had to remember it a week later.

On top of that, unless there is a whole lot of news and publicity about a missing person, the majority of people in the area won't have heard about it. Mr. Carbuff, for instance, pays no attention whatsoever to that sort of thing.

I hope she's okay. I hope she just had to get away to somewhere to clear her head and is staying with a relative or friend who maybe hasn't even heard she's missing.

We have been on the exact same line of thought since the beginning.... right on down to "wild goose chase" :(

Curious to know if there have been any kind of press conferences locally?? At this point, isn't there usually one by now? The KB case, the missing Maine Mom - who had actually committed suicide, the missing yoga teacher/hiker in HI who was eventually found alive (remember, she had left her keys and cellphone in her car in the park parking lot), and others had hit national news by this time and we knew about it in FL....I hope local LE has started reaching out to the MBI and even the FBI. I’m not sure how that line of command goes and who gets called in and when, but it’s been almost a week of her “ reported” missing, 9 days of her supposed last sighting... and local LE is just now asking for public’s help with dash cams, etc. ... and no AH:(
I just feel that if her body was in that water, it would have been found. Unlike lakes and rivers, there's high tide and low tide. If she jumped into the water at that time, the tide would be low. Portland, Casco Bay, Maine As in, possibly knee deep, at the very most.

I don't find it unusual that nobody saw her. I've driven that road a few times over the years, mostly late at night, and I can confirm that it's always busy (at two in the morning once!) and traffic is usually moving at high speed. I couldn't tell you what the surrounding landscape is like or anything else because I was usually too busy keeping track of the other vehicles. I wouldn't have really paid attention to somebody walking unless they were very close to the lane and looked like I might have to avoid them. I suppose I would notice them, in the sense of being aware there was a person in an odd place, but not to be able to tell you exactly where they were or what they looked like. Especially if I had to remember it a week later.

On top of that, unless there is a whole lot of news and publicity about a missing person, the majority of people in the area won't have heard about it. Mr. Carbuff, for instance, pays no attention whatsoever to that sort of thing.

I hope she's okay. I hope she just had to get away to somewhere to clear her head and is staying with a relative or friend who maybe hasn't even heard she's missing.
That's funny, because my hubby and my adult kids are the exact opposite- they see and remember everything.

My youngest daughter has a photographic memory and remembers details no one could ever imagine, and they are always 100% accurate. Myself, I would definitely remember seeing a woman dressed in black walking, but unlike my daughter who would notice her head band and earrings, if she had them on, the color of them, etc- that is not me at all. I'll remember the lady dressed in black walking the opposite way. I might not even be sure of the color of her hair.

If I am driving, I definitely would have noticed her on that road. If I was a passenger and was occupied, then obviously I wouldn't.

I guess people are just different.

That's funny, because my hubby and my adult kids are the exact opposite- they see and remember everything.

My youngest daughter has a photographic memory and remembers details no one could ever imagine, and they are always 100% accurate. Myself, I would definitely remember seeing a woman dressed in black walking, but unlike my daughter who would notice her head band and earrings, if she had them on, the color of them, etc- that is not me at all. I'll remember the lady dressed in black walking the opposite way. I might not even be sure of the color of her hair.

If I am driving, I definitely would have noticed her on that road. If I was a passenger and was occupied, then obviously I wouldn't.

I guess people are just different.

The long blonde hair would really stand out against the all black she was said to have been wearing.

That section of the freeway should have been closed for a few hours and gone over with dogs. It's too late now.

When someone's car is found with all of their stuff in it, imo, abduction should be ruled out and investigations commenced with that in mind. They didn't do that.

The only circumstance I would leave my purse behind would be if I was never coming back. It would be almost a reflex to take it when I exit my car. And though I am not much of a phone person, I would take it for sure if planning to walk for help. Jmo

For those of you who are familiar with the area, do any of the photos on her profile seem to resemble the Cousins Island Bridge to you? That was my first thought when I saw them but then I wondered if it was a similar Bridge in the Richmond or Harpswell area.

The bridge photos look like the Carter Memorial Bridge over the Kennebec River in Waterville.

Thanks! I am unfamiliar with that bridge. I just took a drive through Falmouth, when you get off of exit 10 (Bucknam Road) and hang a right, then a left onto Middle Road. That section of the Presumpscot is a lot of area to cover :-( I also just read an update in the Press Herald and it appears that her sister and father have been on site during the search, so I think that rules out the possibility that she could have been at her sister's home in the Portland area.

State Police have offered more information about their response to finding a vehicle on I-295 in Falmouth that belongs to 37-year-old Anneliese Heinig, a Richmond woman who's been missing since November 26th.

They say a trooper spotted the SUV vehicle in the northbound breakdown lane that morning, stopped, made a quick check on the vehicle, and left it as it was not considered a hazard.

Later that afternoon, police say a DOT employee called to report seeing the SUV in the same spot, at which time it was towed away.

The trooper checked the registration and found no alerts or any information it was connected to anyone that was missing.

[...]

HEINIG.jpeg
State Police explain their handling of missing woman's vehicle

Search continues for missing Maine mother of 2, last seen over a week ago | Boston.com

[...]

Lt. Jeffrey Pardue of the Falmouth department said in an email to Boston.com that authorities haven’t “ruled in or ruled out any specific areas.”

“As of right now, all the search and rescue experts from the Maine State Police, Maine Warden Service, and Maine Marine Patrol can definitively say is that Ms. Heinig is not in the areas where we have searched,” he wrote. “While this may not sound like a particularly significant statement, the search efforts performed over Monday and Wednesday [allow] law enforcement to expand the initial area of focus.”

Today's PD press release:
Falmouth Maine Police Department

Search continues for missing Maine mother of 2, last seen over a week ago | Boston.com

[...]

Lt. Jeffrey Pardue of the Falmouth department said in an email to Boston.com that authorities haven’t “ruled in or ruled out any specific areas.”

“As of right now, all the search and rescue experts from the Maine State Police, Maine Warden Service, and Maine Marine Patrol can definitively say is that Ms. Heinig is not in the areas where we have searched,” he wrote. “While this may not sound like a particularly significant statement, the search efforts performed over Monday and Wednesday [allow] law enforcement to expand the initial area of focus.”

Today's PD press release:
Falmouth Maine Police Department
Well now, if you look at the Falmouth Maine PD link you just provided- go down Dec 2nd's update- some very interesting information that we can't discuss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637