AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not local but I thought I heard in the background from the press conference maybe a church? Could this be a church parking lot?
THANK YOU THAT'S WHY IT LOOKED SO FAMILIAR TO ME! It's the parking lot of Saint Michael's, which is pretty much where Derby Avenue turns from Route 34 to not Route 34 (near the old Tailgator's for anyone else familiar with the area who needs a landmark).

The church is 75 Derby Avenue, the parking lot is about 100 Derby Avenue, on the corner of Derby and Bank Street.

THANK YOU THAT'S WHY IT LOOKED SO FAMILIAR TO ME! It's the parking lot of Saint Michael's, which is pretty much where Derby Avenue turns from Route 34 to not Route 34 (near the old Tailgator's for anyone else familiar with the area who needs a landmark).

The church is 75 Derby Avenue, the parking lot is about 100 Derby Avenue, on the corner of Derby and Bank Street.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-202301~3.png
    Screenshot_20191205-202301~3.png
    603.6 KB · Views: 40
It probably doesn’t. I was just wondering where mom’s other child has been if she does have one. It seems like it from what I see. I also wondered about a different father of another child and if he could have this much rage against mom. Or the mother of dad’s other children.
If she does have another child with someone else, I wouldn't be surprised if that other child was spending Thanksgiving break with the father. I don't know if she has any other children besides Vanessa, though.

I'm also wondering if he/father has other children.
He does. Also very cute kids.

ITA. I deleted every photo of my long-term ex, whereas my husband still has all the photos of his ex-fiance from before we met on his SM. It totally depends on the person.
I guess it depends on the person and on how the relationship ended. I don't know if I would delete pictures of an ex if we ended it and still stayed friends. Also, I wouldn't delete pictures of me and my ex if our child was also in the picture. My mom still has her (huge) wedding picture in the living room, and my parents are not friendly with each other.

No reports on who VM was last seen with.

I saw it reported that LE had a search and seizure warrant when they went to JM's. Not sure where they got it from.
Maybe I just assumed it, but the impression I have is that she was seen by family Saturday morning. I don't think the murder had been discovered at that point. I may be wrong. Please correct me if I am.

Maybe I just assumed it, but the impression I have is that she was seen by family Saturday morning. I don't think the murder had been discovered at that point. I may be wrong. Please correct me if I am.
It’s been widely reported Baby V was seen Friday. But - I have found more recent articles stating it was Saturday.

My question is: when was mom last seen?

There were reports earlier that someone had seen VM Saturday morning. No mention of who. LE during the presser today said "to his recollection" that no one had seen VM since Friday. I'm assuming the tip about Saturday morning either didn't pan out or hasn't been verified.

I think I should also point something about Connecticut out to those from other parts of the country.

I've lived here my whole life. We're a small state, but CT can also be a huge PITA to get around. This would especially be true if someone was traveling around the state the weekend after Thanksgiving. I could easily get to Ansonia in an hour from where I am with no traffic, but I would have to take multiple highways and routes, some of which would've been crazy congested that weekend.

Just something I'm thinking about. MOO.
I feel like you probably live close to me. I’m about 25 minutes away from Ansonia in IDEAL traffic. But holiday weekend as it were it would have taken me over an hour for sure. CT is small for sure but depending on traffic it can take a long time to travel around here.

It’s been widely reported Baby V was seen Friday. But - I have found more recent articles stating it was Saturday.

And with who and where....we just don't know many facts at all?

Press Conference - Dec 5

Lieutenant Lynch
  • Identity of female has been identified as Christine Marie Holloway, age 43, mother of Venessa Morales
  • Currently investigation in Hamden on State Street at Kiducation Donation Center. Police are following up on a lead related to the overall investigation of both the homicide and missing child case
  • "Finding Venessa and bring her home safely is our overriding concern. We are not looking to arrest or start criminal proceedings against whoever has Venessa, we just want to know where she is and that she is safe and well"
Aunt Anna:
  • Family thanking police for helping in the efforts in finding her baby niece
  • Very tearful sounding as family cries in the background (all Christine's side of the family)
  • Quick statement pleading for Venessa's return
Questions - Lieutenant Lynch answering:
  • What can you tell us about the Hamden investigation? - "We received a lead this morning in relation to the overall investigation that led us to the Kiducation Center. Right now, the CT State Police and Ansonia Police detectives are there processing the scene for potential evidence"
  • Told certain items were found in the bin, can you go into that at all? - "We are not going to go into the items that we have found so far other than to say evidence is being recovered and we're hoping to analyze it and it will lead to a successful conclusion to this case."
  • Just said "bringing the killer of Catherine to justice" instead of Christine...yikes.
  • Suspects? - "We are not releasing anything in regards to our people of interest, we are following leads, interviewing people actively now and have been for the last several days."
  • Anyone in custody even on unrelated charges? - "We do not have anyone in custody on unrelated charges."
  • Can you speak to reports that the father has been arrested? - "I believe the father was arrested in New Haven. It was a New Haven Police arrest. The information will come through them and not our agency."
  • Were the father's charges were related to the case? - "Not related to our homicide or missing person investigation, no."
  • Does the father continue to cooperate? - "The father has been cooperative."
  • Do you believe Venessa is still alive? - "That is what we are driving. That is our driving force right now. We are very hopeful that we are going to find her. We believe that she is with someone safe and we wanna make it a priority that they understand whatever circumstances that they have received Venessa, just bring her back to us so that we know she is safe. We are not looking to arrest anyone, we are not looking to begin criminal proceedings. Our priority is Venessa's safety. Bring her home."
  • Are you expecting this to extend outside the state or do you believe Venessa is in the state? - "At this point, we have no reason to believe that we have crossed any state lines. Everything should still be contained within CT."
  • Does whatever was found in the bins today lead you to believe she has been harmed? - "We're not going to comment on that point."
  • What makes you believe that she is safe and with someone? - "That's our goal. That's what makes us believe that. We have no evidence to the contrary."
  • Any idea how long mother was deceased? - "We have no indication of that at this time."
  • "My recollection is that our last known contact with her was Friday evening. We are not going to release details as to who was in contact with her, we can verify that someone had contact with her Friday evening."
  • So it is possible she has been missing since Friday night? - "Yes, that is possible. That is not outside the realm of possibility."
  • Are friends and family tied to the Kiducation Center? - "I have no information on that."
  • Is Venessa on any medication? - "We are not aware of any medical issues the child may have or any medication she would take on a regular basis."
  • Did the mother live at that address? - "She was a resident along with her daughter Venessa."
  • There were stun guns taken from his house, any indication that the stun guns were used in this crime? - "That is New Haven's crime, I have no information on that"
  • CLARIFICATION: Her name is not Venessa. Her name is actually spelt VAnessa.
  • Aunt Anna did not want her last name given.
  • Has the family been helpful? - "Both sides of the family have been extremely helpful."
  • Investigation a lot of places? - "It has been a lot of places. The Stratford investigation was a tip for a small child that looked like Vanessa was in a car, description of the car and plate was given. Stratford PD immediately went to the house, identified the driver and the driver's granddaughter and was not our missing person. In Naugatuck, we had some areas to look for evidence from information we have received, Naugatuck was more than willing to help us with that and the state police helped us with that."
  • Was anything found in Naugatuck? - "Nothing of substance was found in Naugatuck"
Bbm this item
We are not releasing anything in regards to our people of interest, we are following leads...
———
so they have people of interest ? Looking through FB I’m not seeing a joyous woman IMO - I see fear (not when she’s with her blood family) and that is troublesome
JMO

Tha
There were reports earlier that someone had seen VM Saturday morning. No mention of who. LE during the presser today said "to his recollection" that no one had seen VM since Friday. I'm assuming the tip about Saturday morning either didn't pan out or hasn't been verified.
That's true. But they've also been denying that any arrest had been made until today. I think Vanessa's father being arrested is pretty significant. I also understand why they didn't want it disclosed....yet!

I feel like you probably live close to me. I’m about 25 minutes away from Ansonia in IDEAL traffic. But holiday weekend as it were it would have taken me over an hour for sure. CT is small for sure but depending on traffic it can take a long time to travel around here.
See, it would take me an hour from where I am now in ideal traffic to get to Ansonia. Thanksgiving weekend? I would've had to go from 91 to 84 to 8 (assuming there wasn't a huge backup on one of those that caused me to take 91 to 15 to 34). It probably could've taken me two hours just to make that trip.

Traveling in Connecticut is annoying.

To get from CH's house in Ansonia to the area JM was arrested in Fair Haven Heights is a half hour, mostly 34 until you have to get on 95 near Long Wharf. The amount of red lights and eventually traffic could change that timeline a lot, especially depending on time of day and day of the week.

Child's disappearance is baffling.
Why would someone take a child, especially someone not related? How do you hide a child, assuming the child is alive? Seems before long someone's going to find out. How much anger would it take to kill someone in an unrecognizable manner? Would that someone not be from the area?

I take it you have a theory that hasn't been addressed?
Ah no, I think that plenty of others are probably on the same wavelength. Without breaking T&Cs of websleuths I think this was absolutely a personal cause homicide, not random, rage-induced, and that taking baby V was likely an afterthought more than the ultimate motive. I was referring more in my earlier post to understanding why they had not yet been able to ID CH.

I find it intriguing that once Ansonia PD realized through a search that dad was in possession of weapons as a felon, they notified New Haven to arrest. It’s not the first time we have seen someone arrested on unrelated charges and later not be involved in the crime at hand, but it’s also certainly not uncommon either to see someone held on other charges while stuff is pending. From the PC I can’t tell if they’re being honest or keeping things quiet regarding dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raerae211