Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

"Staged"... According to accounts, she was brilliant, resourceful, savvy. This debacle doesn't fit.

Unless it was intentionally over the top to ensure media coverage for a specific audience. That goes exponentially deeper. I still haven't seen enough on the Summer assault to speculate. Does anyone have a link to discussion of that? Or a TOS-legal summary?
In the brain scratch sister interview I believe discussed attack and got most info from . Brilliant comments. "Post career"----. priceless.

I'm glad you put it like this. Beauty is sort of a 2nd thought when I start looking at a missing persons case. I realize some beauty takes "work" to achieve, mainly facial makeup. I am not good at determining beauty but I know it plays a large role getting case attention in MSM. I recognized a person in Adrienne but had not thought about her beauty until you brought it up. Beauty and charisma resonate with media. When you can relate to a person like you would your own child, mother, or sister it makes people want to help. Sorry for rambling.
I get what you're saying. Not rambling to me.
For the record though, Adrienne doesn't really wear make-up, so to speak. She put on mascara once in a while, lipstick once in a great while. There was never a need for any other "enhancements."

I have a general question for the "long time" members here...what prompts one to join a forum such as this?
Clearly, some of us are here because we know Adrienne. But, what about those that don't and that are on Websleuths regularly?

I have a general question for the "long time" members here...what prompts one to join a forum such as this?
Clearly, some of us are here because we know Adrienne. But, what about those that don't and that are on Websleuths regularly?

Interesting question! Many of us are survivors of previous crimes and find support among fellow members. One reason I truly am addicted to this site is that I don’t have to discuss/divulge anything I’ve been thru unless I want to, but can learn so much from the knowledge and wisdom gleaned here. There are so many brilliant minds contributing here.

Also, I personally feel like we are honoring crime victims who have passed away at the hands of others - at least I can learn a bit about them and their struggles and try to understand their situation.....I often will wish I had known them in life rather than thru their death. (I hope this makes sense.)

One other thing....we all are hooked on true crime, usually very early on.

Curiosity/concern for others.
Former LE and MH background, sorta miss parts of it.
Mental exercise, problem/puzzle solving.

Yes, and sometimes lots of empathy, and a love for true crime and passion for justice... feels good to support others in extremely dire emotional places as well, I want to help where I can.

From the official family FB page (I believe we can post this) post by her sister~Adrienne Quintal- Missing In Northern Michigan
The dogs did not find Ada in the woods around the cabin today. The trail dogs did pick up her scent (almost 8 weeks later) from the cabin to her hunting blind, but no cadaver dog hits. I was very impressed at the methodical searches that took place. Lots of technology, very organized, and SUPER caring search teams....(cont)

Some of us members have lost loved ones or friends in the past and stay on board after their loved ones are found.

Some of us are still looking for answers about loved ones and friends that disappeared years ago without a trace.

What everyone else is saying covers it for me, too. A brush with crime personally. A background in criminology. A passion for true crime and justice, and a fascination as well at how the criminal mind works.

I also love WS because unlike the crazy true crime FB groups and whatnot out there, people are courteous, kind, thoughtful, and dedicated here. They want to help. It’s not a crazy rumor mill. It also forces my brain to work, which is nice.

ETA: an example of how much people here care is that on one case in particular that comes to mind, we helped create map grids, ordered posters/flyers, kept google doc spreadsheets running so that all those that wanted to help could. It’s truly something special.

Last edited:
BENZIE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- Nearly 11 teams of cadaver dogs, 40 volunteers, and police officers scoured a thousand acres of land, hoping to find any clue as to what happened to Adrienne Quintal.

I’ve had three theories and we’re going down the one theory that maybe something happened medically or maybe she possibly, I know she wasn’t normally into drugs but who knows, we don’t know,” said Schendel. “She did have a head injury from a while back that may have triggered something, and she may have run off into the woodswe just don’t know.”

"We're going through a process of elimination to make sure she's not out here somewhere," said Schendel. "Once that's done, and if we can't find her we are going to concentrate on those other two."

"Another is that somebody possibly abducted her and took her somewhere else, or she may have staged this because she was afraid of certain circumstances, thinking somebody was after her and she may have gone to another country," said Schendel. "We are getting more information specifically from the family, telling us about her background, and whatever friends she may have had and what her concerns were."

The search will continue on Sunday, December 7.
Cadaver dogs, volunteers scour 1,000 acres of woods to search for Adrienne

For me, someone was telling me about all these women ho were being murdered in NY, and that it was a huge story. I Googled it and found the Long Island Serial Killer case here back some 7 years ago. Shannan Gilbert had just disappeared and there was a rousing discussion about whether or not she was another victim of LISK.

While here for LISK, the McStay Family disappeared and they were fairly local to me, so I became vested in that case. The Bob Harrod case caught my eye, as he was fairly local to my family.

I had always been intrigued with the science of the mind behind criminal activity. I love crime shows and spent a small fortune to the cable company to make sure back in the day I had Court TV and Investigation Discovery. Before that, it was Forensic Files.

What I found here was a forum of people who shared the same interests I did, as well as a desire to help and to solve some of these cases here.we start feeling like we know these people. I felt like I knew Erin Corwin. We become family to our victims here. We want justice and resolution for missing and deceased loved ones.

“Quintal's nose was broken in the altercation and she had a concussion, which Bryson said might be considered a traumatic brain injury.”

Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

To me, this is the only explanation as to what happened to Ada. Otherwise, I got nuttin. So much in this case doesn’t make sense. Even me thinking she lost her senses makes no sense, because then the question would be, where is she? She should be there if she had a mental break. In the very least, we should have heard from her one way or the other. I don’t know. This case is baffling. Somehow the pieces fit together to form the truth, we just need to figure that out. IMO

"Another is that somebody possibly abducted her and took her somewhere else, or she may have staged this because she was afraid of certain circumstances, thinking somebody was after her and she may have gone to another country," said Schendel. "We are getting more information specifically from the family, telling us about her background, and whatever friends she may have had and what her concerns were."

BBM
Interesting statement. Canada isn't that far away. Surely they've checked if there were hits on her passport, though?

BBM
Interesting statement. Canada isn't that far away. Surely they've checked if there were hits on her passport, though?
It really is it and I wonder if they have reason to be considering this possibility? I just don’t know though because it seems like they really have no idea and are not leaning any way even after interviewing people close to her. They seem baffled. At least they’re playing in that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back