Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, hands in the pocket crossing a bridge like that is NOT a natural posture. You leave your arms out to the side for both balance and to catch yourself if you stumble.

He definitely was concealing and stabilizing a weapon in his jacket pocket.
AND Very confident crossing the bridge without arms out for balance. He has crossed it before JMO
I was there, at the bridge and NO WAY would I have crossed that old rickety bridge and if I had, my face would have been down also to watch for the big gaps between the boards and my arms would have been out.
BG just looks too comfortable in Libby's Pics while being on that bridge. JMO

I've stated before....he could also just be holding up his pants to prevent them from falling to his knees. I have found myself doing that while taking log walks....as the pounds slip away from the exercise over time.
BBM--Only if he was trying to disguise as an older man vs a younger male, in this case. JMO
However, I don't think he was holding up his pants, but you never know if trying to disguise one's self.

I've thought since early on he could have had some kind of skin-tight waterproof fabric underneath the jeans. That way there would have been no direct water-to-skin contact on his feet and legs.

Hypothermia would take some time being wet in 42-43F weather, but I agree about limited movement of the lower extremities if there was direct contact of the cold creek and his skin. The muscles contract and stiffen, blood flow slows, and yes movement slows in the legs, until they warm up.

JMO

But let's also consider how his adrenaline rush at his evil deeds would offset a lot of that, possibly...

I remember this SS and zoom job came up early on in the case, and wondered about some peculiarities within it.

It's a "split" between two frames, zooming into and out of the original you can see a kind of line going through the image, at a slight angle, and it goes right through BG's face as can be seen in this image. Video/imaging experts confirmed this early on here on WS.

Right side of BG's face he's looking down, left side of the face he's looking directly at Libby.

JMO

You hit on something - the camera appears to have improperly superimposed the fringe of the hoodie over the offender's head at several points during the video. This makes it appear as if the offender is wearing the hood over his head.

I'm glad someone is recognizing this has happened. The camera was trying to optimize for motion by predicting where the object would appear and interleaving the frames to reflect this.

You hit on something - the camera appears to have improperly superimposed the fringe of the hoodie over the offender's head at several points during the video. This makes it appear as if the offender is wearing the hood over his head.

I'm glad someone is recognizing this has happened. The camera was trying to optimize for motion by predicting where the object would appear and interleaving the frames to reflect this.

The phone/camera is moving, and BG is moving. The video and individual images of BG pulled from the file on Libby's phone have been cleaned up and the experts zoomed in on BG, who would have been a good distance back in the video. Then there's the issue of the camera trying to focus.

That's part of the reason for the distortions we see, the camera/phone is moving, and the camera on the phone doesn't have a chance to focus on anything, in the foreground or the background.

JMO

Lately I've thought that if BG is indeed local, he could have known about the school schedule and thus targeted juveniles that day for his fantasy. At least it makes sense to me.

I still say BG was out there for a couple of hours waiting for the right time to strike, but i could be way off on that. I'd thought early on the girls were cat fished or somehow BG knew they were going to be there, I wish LE would clear this up once and for all.
BBM-- Agree JMO

I don't understand why better tech isn't available. NASA has all sorts of software that takes terrible pictures from probes and telescopes and fixes them up. I wish they could help. We need a better pic of this evil man.

This may be a crazy question, but how do you look up hitmen? Would really like to know, not because I want one, just curious!! MOO. Thank you. Katt
:eek: LOL-- I personally, do NOT know how to look that up, but in regards to L & A, and the drug world that is there, I think it takes someone to "know" someone.

LE at the April 2019 press conference says “watch his mannerisms as he walks” not watch how he walks. I take mannerisms to mean how he holds himself, how his head is tilted, the apparent spitting moment, hands in his pockets, etc. This is what they requested we watch very carefully. They go on to say “the man is not walking normally” because of the poor condition of the bridge.
I don't remember them saying "because of the poor condition of the bridge" However, I do agree that is why they said that.
I started to walk across the bridge and saw the huge, wide gaps between boards and backed up.
BG, however, looks comfortable walking it and LE wants us to watch his mannerisms as he walks..and his voice.
PS--this case drives me crazy

But let's also consider how his adrenaline rush at his evil deeds would offset a lot of that, possibly...
And--wouldn't the witness have seen that his Jeans were wet ???
Maybe?? Maybe not?? some jeans have the 2-toned look, dark and light, but I think BG jeans are NOT like that and a witness seeing him afterwards would have noticed WET jeans. I don't know, just me thinking out loud and JMO

The phone/camera is moving, and BG is moving. The video and individual images of BG pulled from the file on Libby's phone have been cleaned up and the experts zoomed in on BG, who would have been a good distance back in the video. Then there's the issue of the camera trying to focus.

That's part of the reason for the distortions we see, the camera/phone is moving, and the camera on the phone doesn't have a chance to focus on anything, in the foreground or the background.

JMO

47 is where we see him. Wish I could reach in there and gently push him off the bridge.

Attachments

• bg-multiframe.jpeg
    bg-multiframe.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 209
This may be a crazy question, but how do you look up hitmen? Would really like to know, not because I want one, just curious!! MOO. Thank you. Katt

Probably just use a search engine, same as when you search for something else (say... the recipe to pumpkin pie! :)). (Have never actually done a search to locate such creepy types... But I *have* definitely done a few searches for recipes!)

There was a whole Dateline about this, Hitmen for Hire. A two hour special iirc. It was quite enlightening how many people actually seek out such services. Some of the “targets” were quite stunned and hurt when they found out their “loved one” put a hit out on them, as you can imagine.

Last edited:
More than anything, I don't know how it's possible to look at that video and conclude that Bridge Guy is wearing nothing on his head.

I'll have to say I remain in the no hat camp. I think the fuzziness of the vid, shadows, and the hoodie behind his head all blend to make an appearance of a hat.

So, I'll ask you, with all respect, in fact, wanting to be convinced there is a hat, what type of hat do you think he's wearing?

He was wearing a hat but we have no way of knowing exactly what it was like because ...

"Detectives say the man's hat was not drawn as described in order to make his facial features more easily recognizable."

https://www.theindychannel.com/longform/delphi-investigation-why-state-police-say-libby-abbys-case-isnt-cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500