Found Deceased GA - Demetrice Allen, 30, attorney, in town for job interview, Atlanta, 6 Dec 2019

Sounds like a great guy who had overcome some obstacles - gone too soon. RIP Demetrice

Attorney from Milwaukee who disappeared in Georgia died from injuries suffered in crash

“We love him so much, and we just need him back, so that he can continue to reach all of his goals,” said Wint. “He’s overcome so many obstacles in life.”

Around the same time that they became friends 10 years ago, Wint said Allen lost his mom and only parent.

“He still pushed through and he finished college, top grades, got into the top law school,” said Wint. “He’s just a fighter.”

Wow. Did he not have ID on him?!? I can't fathom why his family was not notified when he was taken to the hospital. Maybe his license wasn't updated and there was nothing else? I'd think he had his phone on him too though. I feel so terrible for his family and friends spending all this time wondering where he was and they missed out on being able to even say goodbye to him. :(
I 100% agree, that car was registered to someone he knew if not him, this should not have taken 8 days to notify the family. I have no idea why this turned into a missing person. He could have had family with him. The family was on TV asking for help locating him. police were involved. Someone dropped the ball, IMO. SMH. RIP Mr Allen. Prayers to you and your family.

For those wondering why he was not identified and family notified :

Demetrice Allen, lawyer who'd been reported missing in Georgia, died in car crash, police say - CNN

Clayton County police issued their own news release on Friday, saying Allen was injured December 7 in a multi-vehicle wreck on Interstate 285 East in Clayton County and appeared to be the at-fault driver.
"Mr. Allen's injuries were severe, but did not appear to be life threatening. He was alert, conscious, and combative when he was transported to a local area hospital for treatment. Due to his condition at the accident scene, officers were unable to identify him.
"Upon following up at the hospital, officers discovered Mr. Allen succumbed to his injuries and hospital staff subsequently contacted the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, who took custody of Mr. Allen's body."
No other details about the wreck or the nature of Allen's injuries were available.

JMOO but combative speaks to me of a head injury.

For those wondering why he was not identified and family notified :

Demetrice Allen, lawyer who'd been reported missing in Georgia, died in car crash, police say - CNN

JMOO but combative speaks to me of a head injury.

Yes, it does. And is disturbing that him being combative after an accident would mean they were "unable" to identify him. We know he had his cell phone on him because he texted his friends. He is conscious and alert and due to his condition they couldn't identify him? How the heck does that make any sense? Did the hospital also just fail to discern his injuries and properly treat them? We have some hospitals here that truly fail to address medical issues. He went from alert, conscious and combative to dead the next day and not one person could figure out how to identify him and his family?

I'm paranoid about this especially because I live here. I guess I need a note in my husband's wallet with contact numbers. His phone requires a password. This bothers me a lot.

Yes, it does. And is disturbing that him being combative after an accident would mean they were "unable" to identify him. We know he had his cell phone on him because he texted his friends. He is conscious and alert and due to his condition they couldn't identify him? How the heck does that make any sense? Did the hospital also just fail to discern his injuries and properly treat them? We have some ****** hospitals here that truly fail to address medical issues. He went from alert, conscious and combative to dead the next day and not one person could figure out how to identify him and his family?

I'm paranoid about this especially because I live here. I guess I need a note in my husband's wallet with contact numbers. His phone requires a password. This bothers me a lot.

Over in the Unidentified threads, we have a lot of people who died in hospitals after heart attacks, traffic accidents, drownings, etc. who were apparently separated from their ID somewhere between the accident and the hospital. The ambulance crews are concerned about saving the life and often just throw things aside.

"Mr. Allen's injuries were severe, but did not appear to be life-threatening," a statement from the Clayton County Police Department said. "He was alert, conscious and combative when he was transported to a local area hospital for treatment."

I can't believe they went there after dropping the ball SO badly in this case. As a poster mentioned earlier, head injuries can make people combative. Even if he was absolutely hammered drunk (NOT saying he was at all) he died and his family wasn't informed because of pure negligence on behalf of the hospital. I have a feeling they'll eat those snarky words in a lawsuit, and it appears they deserve it.

"Mr. Allen's injuries were severe, but did not appear to be life-threatening," a statement from the Clayton County Police Department said. "He was alert, conscious and combative when he was transported to a local area hospital for treatment."

I can't believe they went there after dropping the ball SO badly in this case. As a poster mentioned earlier, head injuries can make people combative. Even if he was absolutely hammered drunk (NOT saying he was at all) he died and his family wasn't informed because of pure negligence on behalf of the hospital. I have a feeling they'll eat those snarky words in a lawsuit, and it appears they deserve it.
I'm not sure exactly what the grounds for a lawsuit would be.
It appears, even if he was combative, that he was receiving proper care. In fact, it appears that getting him care took precedence over obtaining his identification at the crash scene. It's tragic and I feel terrible for his friends and family due to the delay, but I don't see anything inappropriate or negligent in the behavior of the first responders, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back