TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey were last seen Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7:30 a.m. when Broussard dropped off another child at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they returned to their home near West William Cannon Drive and South First Street afterward, but they haven’t been seen since.

Broussard is 33 years old, 5-foot-3, 150 pounds with long, dark hair with highlights.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

Thread Number 1
Thread Number 2
Thread #3

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Heidi-and-baby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

Some of you complain about the rules. First, please DO NOT complain in a thread. It takes away from the discussion and it is against TOS. Please send a private message to a mod if you have a question.

All we ask is you please stay on topic.

The main things that separate Websleuths from all the gossipy sites and Facebook groups is we do not allow gossip, we do not allow posters to accuse just anyone of a crime, no discussion about private people who have not been in mainstream media, no rumors, and there is more but this gives you a good idea.

As far as Heidi's boyfriend you can discuss what he said. You can offer your opinion on what he said as long as you do not accuse him of a crime and you do not say anything mean and nasty.

Here is an example. "HE'S LYING. HE KILLED THEM, HE IS A KILLER WHO NEEDS TO BE PUT AWAY." NO that is not allowed. However, if you want to comment on what he said you can say something along the lines of "I read what he said and I don't believe him and here's why..." Provide a reasonable explanation and you are good to go. Leave out your opinions and your descriptions.

There have been many times where members have come out yelling that someone is guilty and the person turns out to be innocent. When that happens you do damage. You do damage to the person and their family. You also damage Websleuths because we get lumped in with all the other groups who accuse anyone based on nothing and create big problems for law enforcement.

He has not been named a person of interest but he is a big part of the story. We must walk a fine line on Websleuths. Please think before you post.
Thank you
Tricia

Dad pleads for help finding missing Texas mom and newborn daughter - CNN

SABBM:

Speaking through tears, Carey said that when he returned home from work that day at 2 p.m., Broussard and their daughter were nowhere to be found, KEYE reported. He said that he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up their son, so he went to pick him up.

"I went and picked up my son, and she wasn't home again, so then that's whenever I just called the police," Carey told the station.

Broussard's parents told KEYE their daughter would not have left without taking her son, too.

"As far as her leaving on her own accord, no," David Broussard said. "You can't make me believe that in a thousand years."

Also, regarding missing information in videos that have been updated and excludes info stated before but is gone now.

Years ago I had that happen on a case. I was making a point on info that at one time was well known and discussed at length. Months later new members asked for a link to support my claim. I looked high and low for it. One of the mods said she remembered the same info and helped me look for the link to it. Two days later, we both had to admit it was gone, we couldn’t find it in the video we knew it had been in. Unfortunately, it was no longer discuss able because it could no longer be supported by a link for proof.

Long story short, I feel you but it happens all the time. IMO

I finally read through all the posts last night and was too sleepy to comment. Then the thread was closed this morning. :(

Anyway I am just all over the place on this. I am quite sure what I think for a while and then I change my mind! I am leaning toward statistics but I definitely have an open mind to other things. PPD and suicide is on that list, but I don’t know how they can still be missing in that case. It’s possible though. I think if this is going the way of statistics we should have an arrest soon, so I’m just waiting.

Also just want to point out that moving trucks should have gps so LE should know more on that. It’s so terrible that Heidi and Margot haven’t been found.

Dad pleads for help finding missing Texas mom and newborn daughter - CNN

SABBM:

Speaking through tears, Carey said that when he returned home from work that day at 2 p.m., Broussard and their daughter were nowhere to be found, KEYE reported. He said that he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up their son, so he went to pick him up.

"I went and picked up my son, and she wasn't home again, so then that's whenever I just called the police," Carey told the station.

Broussard's parents told KEYE their daughter would not have left without taking her son, too.

"As far as her leaving on her own accord, no," David Broussard said. "You can't make me believe that in a thousand years."

Interesting....
Margot's father, Shane Carey, who is Broussard's boyfriend, said the couple also have a 6-year-old son together. Carey told NBC affiliate KXAN on Monday that their son's school never called when Broussard didn't show up in the afternoon.

FBI investigating disappearance of mother and newborn baby in Texas

Maybe he wanted a printout of the recent phone log and texts from her phone so he could see who had contacted her or vice versa. Any indication as to what she was doing during the window of her disappearance. I'd do the same thing if it would speed things up. If the phone is in her name, wouldn't LE have to get a subpoena since she's an adult who may have left voluntarily? There's no time limit to wait for filing a report of missing persons in TX and most states, but when it is legal for LE to access information like that? How long does a subpoena take? How long does a company take to produce records? Going into the service provider and starting the process is a good thing. Even if he couldn't get the information himself, at least they'd have notice that LE would be requesting those records.

Also, regarding missing information in videos that have been updated and excludes info stated before but is gone now.

Years ago I had that happen on a case. I was making a point on info that at one time was well known and discussed at length. Months later new members asked for a link to support my claim. I looked high and low for it. One of the mods said she remembered the same info and helped me look for the link to it. Two days later, we both had to admit it was gone, we couldn’t find it in the video we knew it had been in. Unfortunately, it was no longer discuss able because it could no longer be supported by a link for proof.

Long story short, I feel you but it happens all the time. IMO
This happened to me 2 days ago on another thread. I linked to support my point and just a couple of hours later it was updated and that info was gone..

Fortunately, my initial hunches are often wrong. Right now, I lean toward post partum depression and self harm. SC seems genuine to me, but I have learned that this group of people are very good at honing in on the smallest of clues and often on the right path from the very beginning. I am sincerely hoping SC is not involved, just lost as to how to proceed.

Please post a link to an article that says that. I'm worried about the wording of that comment. The article in the link above does not say that, nor was it stated in the live police press statement. The article is making an inference and right or wrong, it's opinion, not fact.

This is from the article (and even this bothers me):
"Police alluded to previous calls of disturbances or "investigations" at the apartment prior to the mother and daughter's disappearance, but did not elaborate."

HUGE difference.

Last edited:
Glad to see the thread back open. I was going to post this last night, but the thread was closed.

Her Target baby registry:
Heidi & Shane Baby Registry

*According to her Target baby registry list, a backpack/diaper bag was purchased. It looks very similar in style to the bag shown in the GMA video.

IMG_9766.JPG IMG_9767.PNG
Eddie Bauer Backpack - Gray/Tan

Her Amazon baby registry:
Amazon: Baby Registry

*A baby wrap carrier/sling was purchased (Filter items by Purchased). I wonder if this item was accounted for during the search of her apartment and vehicle.

MOO

Police have stated they have been to the apartment in the past due to "disturbances". No parties involved in such visits were named. Missing Texas mom: Investigators won't rule out any possible suspects in hunt for woman, baby girl
Per this article the wording was, "Police alluded to previous calls of disturbances or "investigations" at the apartment prior to the mother and daughter's disappearance, but did not elaborate."
And frankly I think the article's author took liberties with this statement. I don't feel it was alluded to in the press conference - whatever the answer it's part of an ongoing investigation is what I took away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136