OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t posted here in a bit. How do people fall into storm drains, unless they are broken?
Well, a possible scenario would be that he didn't see the storm drain in the dark, and tripped when he stepped on it. This caused him to drop his phone into the storm drain, so he lifted the drain up to see if he could get his phone and something happened from there. Seems unlikely, but as I've written before, drunk men do illogical, dumb things.

There just happens to be 40+ football fields worth of land where camera's can't reach, next to the sidewalk, not far from Hilton or the highway.

Maybe someone who was not a friend just picked him up, drove off and disappeared him.

<modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Choose a location that has yelp reviews from 2013 where someone complains about spiked drinks, in case they find a body.

Statistically, this is a low crime area, people don't make bodies vanish unless they book reservations next to locations where camera's can't catch bodies vanishing, make stories with needless details.

There isn't anything definitive just possibilities. It's not so unlikely he would die, what's unlikely is that there is zero evidence, that a man puts accidently puts himself in a situation where zero evidence can be gathered.

Why couldn't tracking dogs find this man? Did they stop right where he was picked up in a car?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, that water looks eery. Doesn't look deep but maybe it is? Good thinking. Any way to find out if it's been searched? It must have been, right?
It only has to be 12-18"deep to conceal a skeleton at this point.

Why couldn't tracking dogs find this man? Did they stop right where he was picked up in a car?

I can only speculate, but either the dogs were brought in too late, it was too cold, or Tyler went away in a vehicle or was never there.

I want to know what happened here. This story is full of holes... no body, no plausible explanation.... it’s almost a year.

I live in a Columbus suburb and am at Easton 8-10x per year. I think the biggest issue is teens on the weekend.... by 3 am it’s generally quiet throughout Easton.

i think the friend who went with them all night knows more than he’s saying. He has an attorney, is he protecting his friend? I wish he would be more willing to talk since he went after him once they got back to the hotel. People don’t go “poof” ...

this is one case where I still have a lot of curiosity since it’s local for me...

I want to know what happened here. This story is full of holes... no body, no plausible explanation.... it’s almost a year.

I live in a Columbus suburb and am at Easton 8-10x per year. I think the biggest issue is teens on the weekend.... by 3 am it’s generally quiet throughout Easton.

i think the friend who went with them all night knows more than he’s saying. He has an attorney, is he protecting his friend? I wish he would be more willing to talk since he went after him once they got back to the hotel. People don’t go “poof” ...

this is one case where I still have a lot of curiosity since it’s local for me...
Well I have to admit that personally, I don’t know diddly squat.
Beyond that, I tend to agree with you... i.e. , their story is full of holes. And this “friend” knows more. The evidence.... he was there, and allegedly the last one to see Tyler. And so on.

The friend knows more, much more, IMO. Also, pure speculation and MOO.... There’s quite possibly some kind of cover up going on, and I have a hard time believing his wife doesn’t know all about it. Also pure speculation, JMO.

Last edited:
I agree. This is one of those rare cases that I truly believe that Occam's Razor is the most likely scenario.
IOW, the last person to see him alive. At least as far as we know, and that person was the male ‘friend’. My own personal opinion only.

It’s my understanding that his friend was back at the hotel before Tyler asked for directions on his phone. If this is true then Tyler was still alive while his friend was back at the hotel. I’m sure the police have his friend on camera walking back to the hotel. Is it possible his friend left and met with him after? I’d say it is but then his phone would be pinging in towers and the police had his phone so they can dig a little deeper than they could with Tyler since his phone was never found.

They certainly don’t go poof but it certainly looks that way. Let’s assume that Tyler was looking at the Hilton and that he was correct he was about 10 minutes away. Here’s what I think happened at least in part. Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

I think Tyler went to the Hampton by mistake because of how he asked for directions. I think he finally figured out where he was. If you look at an aerial view of that area you can get an idea of what I’m talking about. So Tyler crosses over Morse Rd. and was walking down Stelzer. The Hilton comes into view around the corner of Stelzer and Alston. If Tyler got his bearings by then and had an idea where he was and he knew that he was looking at the Hilton I’d also guess it would be about 10 minutes to get there. This area just happens to be near the Costco and the body of water that was searched. From here it’s just a guess. Did he run into the wrong people possibly on their way home after a night of drinking? Maybe a car was at the light and Tyler was crossing the road and hit him or maybe someone yelled at Tyler and he yelled back and it got ugly from there. All speculation but stuff like this happens especially when alcohol is involved. The aerial view is of Stelzer and Alston. You can see Costco to the left. The other pic is the view from the corner of Stelzer and Alston. At some point Tyler would have had to cross the street. I personally would have crossed at that corner and tried to walk back in a straight line as much as would be possible. There was a lot of construction going on at the time so I’m not sure if trees that he would have had to walk through.

Attachments

• 68AFC1F8-25E1-464A-BBC1-93CBCF2C1CE6.jpeg
    68AFC1F8-25E1-464A-BBC1-93CBCF2C1CE6.jpeg
    824 KB · Views: 64
  • 339C42F2-77C4-49ED-B5CF-8637BCD7E4A5.jpeg
    339C42F2-77C4-49ED-B5CF-8637BCD7E4A5.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 54

(BBM)
he has to, IMO. to be clear, i'm not trying to imply he's guilty of ANYTHING, but his story is odd and as the person who was with Tyler just before he disappeared...like you said people don't go poof i'm gone in the blink of an eye. he just has to know more than he's told publicly (maybe he's told LE more idk).

Didn’t they find the phone ping location? How far out can a phone ping reach? I wonder if they have searched more than a few times in that same vicinity. Because if his phone pinged in that area, you would think he would be within the same area.
Have they thoroughly checked all the woods and drained the ponds?

I have these same questions too!

Didn’t they find the phone ping location? How far out can a phone ping reach? I wonder if they have searched more than a few times in that same vicinity. Because if his phone pinged in that area, you would think he would be within the same area.
Have they thoroughly checked all the woods and drained the ponds?
Pretty sure his phone pinged by the tower by Costco. Doesn’t mean he was in that area but IMO he was since I believe he was walking back from the Hampton.

Pretty sure his phone pinged by the tower by Costco. Doesn’t mean he was in that area but IMO he was since I believe he was walking back from the Hampton.
But how far off does a phone ping again from a location? Up to a mile or shorter? Enough that it covers the entire hotel, shopping, pond, highway, and woods? And it can only ping while still on, right?

But how far off does a phone ping again from a location? Up to a mile or shorter? Enough that it covers the entire hotel, shopping, pond, highway, and woods? And it can only ping while still on, right?

It will ping off the closest tower and if that tower is too busy then the next closest one. His phone last synced at 4:01 am right before he called his wife. I have no idea when his phone died but from what I have been told the phone company can tell how much battery life his phone had when it last sent out a signal. This could potentially tell them a lot like did his phone go dead because of battery life or did it suddenly get powered off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419