TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, why does he need to do interviews to keep the interest? I am just asking- how does him putting himself out there for the public to scrutinize his every word, or his ability to speak publicly help this situation at all?
I don't think the public loses interest, I think the public is bombarded by tragedy after tragedy (school shootings, mass shootings, another missing woman, abused animals televised, an 18 year war.....) I think the public is numb.

If you google for advice on what to do to find a missing person, you're going to find that getting media attention is near the top of the list. People clamor for it and will speak to anyone who'll hand them a microphone.

If everything he's said proves true when compared to the evidence, LE will declare that he has been cleared.

Truth tellers need to just keep telling the truth and make all the noise they can.

How often do these pleas and interviews with family members bring a baby back? Or anyone for that matter?
I agree that getting a face and a description out to the public is important. It is the public that very often brings the missing back. Getting that information out is important. Maybe even a press conference I could see, but how does it benefit this man to keep putting himself out there to have the public label him a suspect when police haven't even done so?

Elizabeth Smart was abducted and missing for 9 months until she was found less than 5 miles from her home. Ed Smart, her dad was a constant presence in the media -- even though many suspected/accused him of being involved. He knew the first suspects by police are always going to be family members but persevered in keeping the public aware of his daughter's case.

How do you think missing individuals are kept in the news if not by the family? Police can only do so much before they move on to the next case. Same thing with rewards which are also put up to keep the missing person in the news and not because reward money is claimed.

All the foundations for missing people will give you the stats in addition to how important it is for the family to keep the story alive. Public perception is that if the family is not involved then they must not care and therefore why should the public care and continue to search.

MOO

Getting word out is much different than doing interviews.
I would attend a press conference. Maybe answer questions that have very little to do with me personally. I'd go to searches and vigils. I'd cooperate with police.
I'd never do an interview on television so every single thing I do can be scrutinized. Don't you think the entire experience would be painful enough? Why put anyone out there like that?It is almost like the media does it on purpose. They put these people in the most uncomfortable settings and make things as awkward as humanly possible. I just feel bad for the guy. Until he is a suspect or there is evidence against him- I just feel like he is simply a human being living an absolute nightmare and he deserves some compassion. He does. His family does. Her family does. Her son does.

When a person has a loved one that is missing, they shouldn’t care what the public thinks of them. They just want their loved ones found. Nothing matters, just getting the word out.

Yes, but it still does not answer my question as to how putting yourself out there to become another sort of victim helps anything at all?He has been victimized if he is innocent and further victimized by the general public who have labeled him the only POI in the case. The comments and speculation are on every article I read, and everywhere I look. If it were my husband and my child- I may be pretty darn close to spiraling down to the depths of depression I've never known before. I'd never do an interview because this is what it gets you.
I always try to remind myself that I really have no clue what I would or wouldn’t do when put in that sort of situation. We can imagine how we’d behave all we want, but we really just can not know. Never say never.

I think she went upstairs with part of the stuff, like the books, then went back down to get the rest (carrying Margo). Then got nabbed.

I'm replying to myself. Crazy. But the above is Scenario #1. My other Scenario #2, is that Heidi got home, got distracted and didn't get back down to the car, then after 1 :40 something occurred very bad after doggie who might protect Heidi was put on balcony. Read between the lines. I hope saying that doesn't violate TOS.

Edit typos

He would look even more suspicious if he didn't do interviews.

Unless he hired a spokesperson. And maybe stood by. Some people indeed don’t speak well or are too overcome. Ok. So they get someone else to communicate for them. There are groups that help with that.

Like this one:

Respond – Texas Center for the Missing

If he gave an interview a day I’m afraid some would say, why is he on tv so much??? Why doesn’t he stop giving interviews and start searching for his missing fiancée and baby!!??

Plus he could be stuck in an interrogation room for all we know (which I actually hope is happening).

Getting word out is much different than doing interviews.
I would attend a press conference. Maybe answer questions that have very little to do with me personally. I'd go to searches and vigils. I'd cooperate with police.
I'd never do an interview on television so every single thing I do can be scrutinized. Don't you think the entire experience would be painful enough? Why put anyone out there like that?It is almost like the media does it on purpose. They put these people in the most uncomfortable settings and make things as awkward as humanly possible. I just feel bad for the guy. Until he is a suspect or there is evidence against him- I just feel like he is simply a human being living an absolute nightmare and he deserves some compassion. He does. His family does. Her family does. Her son does.
Ok. That’s what YOU would do. Keep in mind not everyone thinks like you.

Elizabeth Smart was abducted and missing for 9 months until she was found less than 5 miles from her home. Ed Smart, her dad was a constant presence in the media -- even though many suspected/accused him of being involved. He knew the first suspects by police are always going to be family members but persevered in keeping the public aware of his daughter's case.

How do you think missing individuals are kept in the news if not by the family? Police can only do so much before they move on to the next case. Same thing with rewards which are also put up to keep the missing person in the news and not because reward money is claimed.

All the foundations for missing people will give you the stats in addition to how important it is for the family to keep the story alive. Public perception is that if the family is not involved then they must not care and therefore why should the public care and continue to search.

MOO

Agree 100%. I can think of two cases local to me where family has not said/done anything to get the word out and the cases have faded into oblivion.

Been reading along here & elsewhere. I don’t do FB so my brain is rumor free;)
Watched the interviews...all I can say is what a damn mess!
Praying & holding out hope that Heidi & lil Margo are found safe & soon!!
Going back into lurkerdom
MOO

No Facebook here either! Or... any social media for that matter. We are out there!

If he gave an interview a day I’m afraid some would say, why is he on tv so much??? Why doesn’t he stop giving interviews and start searching for his missing fiancée and baby!!??

Plus he could be stuck in an interrogation room for all we know (which I actually hope is happening).
That's my biggest hope as to why he's been silent--talking to LE, cards on table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu