TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPS must now determine where Margot should be permanently placed. First, a CPS caseworker must confirm that people claiming to be related to Margot in fact are. Any person seeking custody cannot have any prior involvement with CPS, no criminal record and they must have experience caring for children.

If there is no suitable caregiver, the caseworker’s only other option may be to place Margot in foster care.

The CPS investigator will also typically ask the alleged perpetrator for an interview, but that person doesn’t have to agree. If they do, that information could be used as part of the investigation.
What will happen to Margot Carey, Heidi Broussard’s newborn daughter?

Yeah, her eyes in that last mug shot look like she's suffering from a thyroid issue. Her hair's pretty thin in that one as well. She has a comb-over.

I thought maybe an endocrinological issue that affects biology and prevented her from conceiving maybe. If I didn’t know she had met Heidi young I would wonder if perhaps she was male. Hopefully that’s not offensive to anyone. I was struck by that feeling though.

Regardless of the reasons she couldn’t conceive she’s a ghoul. What she had to have planned for so many months is insane. To kill a long-time friend (which it appears is the case), and plan to do so after being in the delivery room and seeing her with her new baby...it’s monstrous. She’s a gruesome human who committed a gruesome crime.

I can’t understand it. It’s so bizarre.

Regarding a neighbour hearing an argument after 1pm:

-We know Heidi's phone went straight to voicemail when Shane tried to call at 1:40pm and that she had already been taken when he got home at 2pm.

-The neighbour said he heard a muffled argument after 1pm.

Is it possible that the argument was between Heidi and MF (can't even bring myself to use her name) because Heidi had picked up her phone and been about to try and message or call Shane, but MF then grabbed the phone from Heidi and turned it off? It could have even happened literally as Shane was calling Heidi at 1:40pm but MF had hold of the phone and declined the call immediately and then turned off the phone.

All just MOO but I'm pretty convinced that if a neighbour heard an argument after 1pm then it must have been between Heidi and MF.

My husband worked in a private foster care agency and I'd never heard of a child going to foster care while they gave them a DNA test after a custodial parent's death if there was a bio parent or grandparents available. Found this article about why that may happen. So perhaps the signed birth certificate was not available or any number of other scenarios listed during this period of chaos in their lives.

What kind of employer wouldn’t give you time off when your wife was just found murdered and baby kidnapped? That would be a horrible company to work for.
Well, Silas certainly isn’t going to school. I was thinking more long term. Things could change tho, but I don’t see the dad as capable right now. CPS may have made that decision with the DV history and all.

I thought maybe an endocrinological issue that affects biology and prevented her from conceiving maybe. If I didn’t know she had met Heidi young I would wonder if perhaps she was male. Hopefully that’s not offensive to anyone. I was struck by that feeling though.

Regardless of the reasons she couldn’t conceive she’s a ghoul. What she had to have planned for so many months is insane. To kill a long-time friend (which it appears is the case), and plan to do so after being in the delivery room and seeing her with her new baby...it’s monstrous. She’s a gruesome human who committed a gruesome crime.

I can’t understand it. It’s so bizarre.
BBM
I thought the same thing.

Poor Heidi. IMO every time that we hear "longtime friend", we should realize that Heidi was the only friend. She was kind to a master manipulator of others. Kind to a person who was able to use everyone in their path, and knew just how to do it. For her whole life IMOO. This case is a warning to all of us, to be very aware that people can appear one way FOR YEARS, all the while manipulating everyone in their orbit while simultaneously manipulating everyone else's orbit, a task that is seems alien to most everyone IMO. Heidi was a friend but this woman was never capable of being that ever. RIP to a good and honest person who will forever be remembered that way.

Something I have been considering, in life. Being abusive or a killer are not mutually exclusive. Just because someone is not a murderer, does not mean that they are not still an abuser. Just musing. Sometimes both can be true, and other times just one...or none, for that matter.
Well said. This reminds me of the Baton Rouge serial killer, Derrick Todd Lee, as one of his victims Geralyn DeSoto was married to a very abusive man who was the prime suspect. But no, her abuser was not her killer.

Regarding a neighbour hearing an argument after 1pm:

-We know Heidi's phone went straight to voicemail when Shane tried to call at 1:40pm and that she had already been taken when he got home at 2pm.

-The neighbour said he heard a muffled argument after 1pm.

Is it possible that the argument was between Heidi and MF (can't even bring myself to use her name) because Heidi had picked up her phone and been about to try and message or call Shane, but MF then grabbed the phone from Heidi and turned it off? It could have even happened literally as Shane was calling Heidi at 1:40pm but MF had hold of the phone and declined the call immediately and then turned off the phone.

All just MOO but I'm pretty convinced that if a neighbour heard an argument after 1pm then it must have been between Heidi and MF.
I think there is some truth to this.

I'm inclined to believe that a woman (especially an overweight one which we can assume Megan was since she was faking a pregnancy and others have said she genuinely looked pregnant) would have a hell of a time lifting a dead-weight body in to a trunk after a struggle/fight to overpower someone all by herself without any help. It would make quite a scene also, you'd think someone would have seen or heard something. Strangling someone and lifting them in to a vehicle requires significant strength. I think someone else helped her, I don't believe it was Shane. This is just my opinion and speculation though.

It's so tragic, Heidi was so betrayed. RIP mama. Prayers for the family, especially Margo and Silas.

But when I look at her crazy eyes in the first mugshot I think she’s capable of anything with crazy strength coursing through her body.

It is hard to understand though. How could she strangle another woman to death? How physically did she accomplish that? And where? And how did she move a body around without anyone being able to see her? That was one of my reasons for thinking baby snatching was lower on the list of possibilities. Because that typically (though not always) involves a lone woman.

Although in the Greywind case that was a couple. Right? And in the Marlen Ochoa case was it two or three family members involved? (One of whom recently had her own baby while incarcerated!)

But either way, how do they grab her and kill her and put her in a car or disable her enough to get her in a car with no one noticing?

All I can hope is that it was super quick and she didn’t know what was happening.

My husband worked in a private foster care agency and I'd never heard of a child going to foster care while they gave them a DNA test after a custodial parent's death if there was a bio parent or grandparents available. Found this article about why that may happen. So perhaps the signed birth certificate was not available or any number of other scenarios listed during this period of chaos in their lives.

I think they have to confirm 100% that it is Margot before giving the child to the family, and possibly - even if unlikely - having to take the child away again if it's discovered it isn't the child they assumed it was.

Last edited:
Well, of you have been paying attention, MF played the pregnant role. She even was apparently pregnant when She was with HR at her delivery.
If LE went to MF house to interview her, she already had others believing she was too, indeed expecting around the same time.
And maybe Le did ask to see baby. Can they take baby with out proof? No. Maybe they had child services check on baby Luna since maybe MF claimed she birthed at home.
Now the red flags were up as they have already been.
hence the search warrant according to news twitter last night.
One scenario.
LE cant just knock on the door, ask to seee baby and decide for theveselves if the baby is hers or not, make a judgement call themselves and take the baby.
LE also cannot come in the house without SW unless invited in.
Catch my drift?
MF would have killed her sooner, if Tammy had not been staying with her and baby Margot. I have seen it all over the news today. Very little coverage around here before she was found.

Shanes has been increasing since the announcement that they were found. IMO
Fundraising in the face of this particular tragedy is something that I very much hope that Ms. Margaret Moore, Travis County District Atty. takes a good hard look at so as to protect the interests of the 2 children of HB for the long term.

People in the US have large hearts and oftentimes deep pockets and so often want to do the right thing to help the children and families involved in tragedies. Sadly, sometimes the money given doesn't have the intended results or reach the intended targets.

IMO the two children of HB will have significant financial needs over a long period of time and its critically important that any funds given in support by well meaning folks reach the intended target.

I think its important to realise in this case that there are 2 families involved, 2 children involved and the overall relationship dynamics between SC and HB were such that the situation could be termed 'complicated'!

This makes figuring out how to best support the 2 HB children 'complicated' as well IMO. We learned last night that a longstanding friend of HB's parents is raising money on behalf of her parents so that they can provide for HB son who is in their care. The person doing the fundraising has known HB parents for years and her husband owns the shrimp boat that HB father works on each day as if he doesn't work by all accounts he has no income and as he is self employed he most likely has limited benefits as well and needs support.

MOO

Last edited:
I’m surprised there is still speculation about SC’s possible involvement. LE has said he was not involved. Until there is a change in LE’s opinion, can’t we just feel sorry for a man who has been through hell and has a lot of hard times ahead? HMO

Why is Magen charged only with kidnapping and tampering? What about murder? Did someone else (not Magen) strangle/murder Heidi?

They were probably waiting on autopsy results first.

She’s behind bars, and they have enough to keep her there until murder charges are filed. I’ve seen this sort of thing a lot.

It’s coming.

Well, Silas certainly isn’t going to school. I was thinking more long term. Things could change tho, but I don’t see the dad as capable right now. CPS may have made that decision with the DV history and all.

I know we have records of police contacts with the couple at the apartment but was there any CPS contact prior to the baby being picked up at MF’s home? Otherwise, I am not sure how CPS would have any say at all about what happens to Silas.

CPS is not my area of expertise so I’m happy to be educated here. Could mom being missing/murdered by a non-family allow them to come in and determine custody of Silas?

Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member