OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I find no substantial records of the Wagners ever planning to move anywhere but Alaska, to join their longtime friends the Cinereski's, from Minford. FW can even be found in a Google search in AK.

As to Dailey, I would just note that addresses and those who live/d there shed much light. As of now, as far as I can tell, he has gone rogue and his wife and kids no longer acknowledge him, at least according to FB. This makes me think he is hiding from something. JMO based on research.
Wasn't there something about a property in MO?

Hey CC
Did you see in Angela discovery documents that LE took 29 photos of Electronic Items found at 52 Havener and at Flying W?
Isn’t that where Rita and her mother lives?
  • At the time Rita was arrested she listed her address as 1486 Dkenn Rd. (pronounced Dickens) in Oak Hill Ohio.
  • The Judge put her on house arrest at her mother's house because she was taking care of her mother and that address is 34 Havener Ln. South Webster Ohio.
  • Angie's dad died and Angie moved into his house and that address is 52 Havener Ln.
  • These 2 houses are next door to each other and Angie was arrested at 52 Havener Ln.

• Here is a photo of the BCI search on 52 Havener Ln.
web1_BCI.jpg

"..The Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification was at a house in South Webster last summer. It is believed to be connected to at least one suspect who was arrested Tuesday in the Rhoden murder investigation.."

Here is another photo of Angie's house, 52 Havener Ln. You can see Rita's mom's house next to it, 34 Havener Ln. It is the white house.

Pike-Murder-Suspects-010.jpg

"..Home of George "Billy" Wagner III and his wife Angela Wagner in South Webster. Six members of the Wagner family were arrested in connection with the 2016 murder of Rhoden family members in Pike County. TY GREENLEES /.STAFF.. "
NEWS
Nov 18, 2018
Will Garbe and Josh Sweigart, Staff Writers

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

Wasn't there something about a property in MO?
Yes from the Discovery:

Missouri

176 Highway P Property
BCI Photos (36)
Listing Written Description (8 pp)
Photos From Listing (60)
Fairway Lending Subpoena (1 p)
Fairway Lending -- Residential Loan Application (202 pp)
Movement Mortgage
Mortage Documents (62 pp)

Montana

Letter (1 p)
SW-7-2017-255 (59 pp)
SW-7-3017-256 (59 pp)

Agree, CC. Great post.

I remember early on, some FB posts from one of HR's cousins, telling about how JW treated HR. One post included him pushing her down outside porch steps.
I always acquainted this episode eith the alleged fight between BW and CWSR at the time. JMO since I don't have links.

Does anyone remember the article where LM said, 'They (LE) was dowm there just a week ago" (referring to Dana's place, I think)? So many things were happening then...the Road Rage Lady and her threats, FB threats against CRJR from Mongold and Jones, and prior to these, Tommy Gorman, Jr. and Frankie having words on FB (reason for FR and CRJR going to the Gormans). So many things unknown. Drugs and derby cars. IMO, the Wagners were baiting and egging it all on. But I do think drugs were involved, too, especially with Jones and Mongold, who were attempting to collect a debt. All JMO

Where you mention in your post QUOTE:

"One post included him pushing her (HR) down outside porch steps."

I just want to add that there is an article where Jake is quoted as saying:

"No I didn't go to Hanna's house and kick in her door."

What this tells me is that relatives told - most likely LE and a reporter - that Jake did do this act of violence against Hanna but of course he denies it.
I do not believe the family is making this up, it's too specific to be made up. Canepa mentioned in court that she wants to present to the Jury that Jake was violent to one of the victims before the murders. I believe she is referring to Hanna.

EDIT: found the article

Rhoden family massacre: Arrests throw child custody issue back to Ohio courts
QUOTE FROM THIS ARTICLE:

"Relatives of some of the victims describe the relationship differently. They said Jake Wagner and his dad argued and fought with the Rhodens in the weeks just prior to the killings.

Jake Wagner balked at that: “No, I did not go to Hanna’s home three weeks prior to April 22 and kick in the door demanding she sign over custody of Sophia,’’ he wrote in that June 2, 2017 email."

Last edited:

What this tells me is that a witness/family/close friend told - most likely LE and a reporter - that Jake did do this act of violence against Hanna but of course he denies it.
I do not believe the witness is making this up, it's too specific to be made up. Canepa mentioned in court that she wants to present to the Jury that Jake was violent to one of the victims before the murders. I believe she is referring to Hanna.
....2 Cents....
screen-shot-2016-04-26-at-30058-pmpng-b0227d361fc086df.png

11825945_1440032826324717_1601953944186398705_n.jpg

Hanna Rhoden
Piketon High School
Pictures like this one of Hanna May being happy and moving on with her life, drove Jake crazy, he was a narcissistic piece of $hit, IMO
Especially these 2 photos:
Upper right photo shows S with CH. To have another man take on daddy duties with S sent JW around the bend in my opinion.

And this one with HR pregnant - reminding JW he is not the father - and that even though CH is not the father she is choosing him over Jake, to be by her side. At this point it became crystal clear to him that HR was not going to take him back (in my opinion) and it was just a few months after this that the Wagners planned and shopped for the murders.
33740DAC00000578-0-According_to_her_Facebook_page_she_was_expecting_a_child_and_was-a-27_1461622805137.jpg

By SHEKHAR BHATIA IN PIKETON, OHIO, FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 19:10 EST, 25 April 2016 | UPDATED: 07:39 EST, 26 April 2016

Grandfather of Ohio massacre victims claims police are ignoring 'road rage' attack | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Morning all! Dropping in to get caught up on the hearings I just missed. Sorry, i’m Not as patient as many of you are :confused: Any thoughts on if we are getting any closer to a trial starting? Tia

Especially these 2 photos:
Upper right photo shows S with CH. To have another man take on daddy duties with S sent JW around the bend in my opinion.

And this one with HR pregnant - reminding JW he is not the father - and that even though CH is not the father she is choosing him over Jake, to be by her side. At this point it became crystal clear to him that HR was not going to take him back (in my opinion) and it was just a few months after this that the Wagners planned and shopped for the murders.
33740DAC00000578-0-According_to_her_Facebook_page_she_was_expecting_a_child_and_was-a-27_1461622805137.jpg

By SHEKHAR BHATIA IN PIKETON, OHIO, FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 19:10 EST, 25 April 2016 | UPDATED: 07:39 EST, 26 April 2016

Grandfather of Ohio massacre victims claims police are ignoring 'road rage' attack | Daily Mail Online

He's the only other man you'll see on her timeline, on her main FB page. Only man I've seen with pics of S other than JW. I agree, seeing CH and HMR, together, was probably bad enough, but, when the photos of S, with him, start popping up, that's a whole other story. However, I think from wording in the discoveries, the murder plots were in the works prior to CH. His presence just helped further justify, imo.

Why is Jones & Mongold listed in Angela Wagners Discovery, all those names has to pertain to the prosecution of the Wagners family or they would not be listed in the Discovery Document, JMO

Speculating about this, I couldn’t recall exactly what these two did, so found a DaytonDailyNews article from April 26 2016

Reading what happened prior to Murders and then to Jones and Mongold immediately after the murders, I imagine they were very very scared and probably gave interrogators lots of detailed back story information on teens in Pike County, Union Hill Road, (Visitors, activities) R’s and anything they knew about any dealings R’s had with others (good or bad) which probably included W’s. Maybe AW in particular.
I speculate JW and AW were frequently on Union Hill Road to pick up S etc. MOO

From article:
“Facebook threat
DeWine said his office has “received over 100 tips, conducted over 50 to 60 interviews (and) over 100 personnel were involved in this investigation.”
Two of those individuals interviewed were Isaiah Jones and Rusty Mongold.
Jones told CBS News that he was detained at gunpoint during a traffic stop. He was questioned for six hours, then released.
“I really want people to know I had nothing to do with it,” a tearful Jones said. “These were also friends of mine and that I went to school with.”
Mongold, Jones’ friend, said in a Facebook post that he had nothing to do with the shooting and that he went to the sheriff’s office to clear his name and submit a DNA sample.
The recent Facebook post stemmed from an April 12 Facebook post that alluded to a “kid that hit (Mongold) with his car” and wanting to “beat his skull in,” a perceived threat against the youngest murder victim.
A commenter asks if it’s Chris Rhoden, and Mongold responds, “Yes.”

The Judge Randy Deering & prosecution’s attorneys sure lets a lot of criminals loose in Pike County, they could have put the Wagners behind bars years ago and fell to do so, now I see that the Mongold boy has been charged with improper handling a fire arm in an vehicle and charged with receiving stolen property, ( Charges Where Dismissed)

Jake Wagner
02/10/2020 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

George Wagner 4th
01/21/2020 02:00 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

Angela Wagner
02/25/2020 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

Billy Wagner
02/11/2020 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

Wonder how much longer this is going to drag out before trials start?

What this tells me is that relatives told - most likely LE and a reporter - that Jake did do this act of violence against Hanna but of course he denies it.
I do not believe the family is making this up, it's too specific to be made up. Canepa mentioned in court that she wants to present to the Jury that Jake was violent to one of the victims before the murders. I believe she is referring to Hanna.

EDIT: found the article

Rhoden family massacre: Arrests throw child custody issue back to Ohio courts
QUOTE FROM THIS ARTICLE:

"Relatives of some of the victims describe the relationship differently. They said Jake Wagner and his dad argued and fought with the Rhodens in the weeks just prior to the killings.

Jake Wagner balked at that: “No, I did not go to Hanna’s home three weeks prior to April 22 and kick in the door demanding she sign over custody of Sophia,’’ he wrote in that June 2, 2017 email."

I have never thought that this meant he DID kick in a door and was denying it. I have always thought it meant that, in his opinion, the disagreement between them never got so heated that he would do something like that. Just my opinion, yours may vary...

Jake Wagner

George Wagner 4th

Angela Wagner

Billy Wagner

Apparently as long as the Defense can cause it to get drug out. I doubt if an actual trail for one of the W4 starts before June or July next year if then...

Jake Wagner

George Wagner 4th

Angela Wagner

Billy Wagner

I would be surprised if a trial starts in 2020. The defence for all 4 will drag it out as long as they can.

I have never thought that this meant he DID kick in a door and was denying it. I have always thought it meant that, in his opinion, the disagreement between them never got so heated that he would do something like that. Just my opinion, yours may vary...

I agree. I don't think he literally kicked in a door but something happened for the relatives and prosecutors to literally use these 3 distinct words: VIOLENT - FOUGHT - ARGUED.

Something happened MORE than just a simple knock on the door followed by calm polite civil conversation.

Relatives said:
"Jake Wagner and his dad argued and fought with the Rhodens in the weeks just prior to the killings."

Canepa said:
"There is evidence Mr. Wagner was violent with one of the victims prior to
the murders. "

Last edited:
It's interesting how his existence and peripheral role in the custody conflict was "undiscovered" or publicly unknown for so long. The confidentiality of the custody records kept him hidden, but you have to wonder how long it took LE to interview him. Was he present in court to help JW make his case for permanent custody of S? I'll never understand why Judge Rosenberger gave JW full custody so soon after the murders, allowing the W's to take her and move to AK. He should have been considered a possible suspect in the murders at that point.

How long has Dailey lived in the area? What are his connections in the community? I have a lot of questions.

Are these the other people you referenced?

This man once got punched out by Pike County victim, and now mourns him

‘Betty, I agree with you about the mysteriousness around BD. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out if he really has something to contribute to this case and what it could be. I have some questions I would like to put out there for sleuthers to think about:

1) FG was willing to use him as a defense witness for his client. Do you think the info BD would contribute about the custody documents WOULD ONLY exonerate RN or could we see him again as a defense witness for W4?
2) Do you think FG would share this info with the other attys or do you think it would be more helpful for RN if he shared it with the prosecution? His first priority is to win (preferably for his client) but other than his client do you think his loyalties will be to W4 or prosecution?

I have waffled back and forth and now I have myself confused. Lol. I originally thought FG was only using him as a threat to prosecution to drop all charges. However, BD must have something important cuz AC wasn’t willing to reveal her hand in order to prove RN guilty. Now that there is a deal for RN in the works, does BD still have something valuable that will help the W4 or was this just a bluff? Remember FG still has to protect RN as she will be testifying that these were not her signatures in court. He wouldn’t want her to say something that will bring some of her charges back or possibly additional charges. If FG believes in the guilt of W4 do you think he would do the honorable thing or would he be more loyal to RN’s family? If BD has legitimate “custody” agreements that were initiated before the murders and not finalized until after the murders then this could be a plus for W4 since the focus is on custody. Everything is hypothetical of course but I would like to hear from others.

IMO The Wagners had no thoughts of moving to Alaska until they started being questioned very hard by LE, JMO they ran to Alaska so if they where caught they could flee to Canada where they would not be extradited back to US if it’s a death penalty case, Mike DeWine used the news media to his advantage when they would do press conference telling the public that LE had no evidence of how to arrest anyone and was asking the public for help, that made the Wagners feel that that they was smarter than LE, that’s why the Wagners came back to Ohio, I would really not like to play cards with DeWine, What’s Everyone Though To That?

‘I believe they came back because of financial reasons and to settle AW’s dad’s estate. I believe the boys had trouble finding jobs. ICBW & JMOO.

:D

A ways back, there was a conversation about theories on why they didn't go to Canada. I remember someone mentioning it was difficult to get non-resident work permits there.

Also, I wonder if Billy's SSI and at least one of the children's SS support/benefits would have continued if they took up residence in Canada?

JMO, MOO
Didn’t they also have “friends” in Alaska and they had visited there previously? I believe in one of the Wag interviews they said it was their “dream” to move to Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419