OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the videos on her FB page or in a news link? I missed them. TIA
It is a post in a Facebook group The Talk of Port Clinton (uncensored) , somebody did a screen recording of the video she had posted on her personal fb page

How do we know if this whole story isn’t made up by the parents?the mother said she was the last one to see him.i saw that she has medical problems and the dad just started a new job so money is probably tight.they have no evidence to say he ran away or anything.who knows the parents could of had someone pick him up and take him to make it look like he ran away.they didn’t report him missing til later on.instead of the police checking everywhere for him I would be questioning the parents and do they know if he was really wearing those clothes that was stated. The picture that was caught on camera does not look like a puffy coat they shouldn’t of posted the pic if they weren’t sure.this case makes me frustrated.
In general, I think it's a good practice (and normal police procedure?) to vigorously question the parents in a situation like this, even poly them. It would quickly eliminate them so that LE could pursue other avenues. I know many people don't hold much faith in poly's, but I believe they serve to be a good interview tool.

Amateur opinion and speculation

He seems rather young emotionally. I can not even imagine a parent calling the police and making it sound as if he was the one out of control and threatening to call the cops and send him AWAY all the time. at the same time being made to feel like it’s HIS responsibility to make everyone else happy, lifting his mother out of depression... parenting by guilt & fear.
Can you imagine her saying things like - you caused my heart problem, keep it up and I’ll die...AGAIN.? I can.

Well said, totally agree! I saw the video that is posted on the TOPC FB group and I'm really not surprised. It's all about HER, Harley come home to make ME happy, people stop criticizing ME. She makes some strange comments, including demanding people stop the hate directed towards Harley. I have never once seen anything negative at all said about Harley! This woman needs professional help. I dread the thought of Harley being returned to that home without the mother getting counseling or therapy or whatever necessary to create a more healthy home environment for him.

IMO

Well said, totally agree! I saw the video that is posted on the TOPC FB group and I'm really not surprised. It's all about HER, Harley come home to make ME happy, people stop criticizing ME. She makes some strange comments, including demanding people stop the hate directed towards Harley. I have never once seen anything negative at all said about Harley! This woman needs professional help. I dread the thought of Harley being returned to that home without the mother getting counseling or therapy or whatever necessary to create a more healthy home environment for him.

IMO

Right. I'm feeling like, if he ran, he doesn't want to come back. I don't think I could blame him. There have been interviews with runaways who say they knew ppl were looking for them. But they had left for a reason so they didn't respond.

Best case scenario here.

I was hoping to come on here today and see that Harley had been found. I'm very worried about him and the circumstances surrounding him and his disappearance are really concerning. Starting with the fact that nobody saw him for a day, a night and the next day before he was reported missing. He's 14 years old and I just can't comprehend this.
I pray for his safety, wherever he is. It's been so long now that I don't feel very hopeful.

It is a post in a Facebook group The Talk of Port Clinton (uncensored) , somebody did a screen recording of the video she had posted on her personal fb page

I want to believe her. However, I also know how very, very easy it is for someone with MH issues to get caught up in their own mind. Even if the scenario is fake, they can still feel the emotion and cry and carry on as if it happened.

I know from my own personal MH, it's very easy for me to do this. For example, if I even think of my children being hurt, I'll cry and cry like it happened. I'll hurt in my heart, the whole nine yards. Hell, I've been crying for days over Harley. Barely eating, and he's not even my kid.

I'm feeling more unsettled.

Right. I'm feeling like, if he ran, he doesn't want to come back. I don't think I could blame him. There have been interviews with runaways who say they knew ppl were looking for them. But they had left for a reason so they didn't respond.

Best case scenario here.
I had a friend who's parents were very abusive. It was an open secret. I told my mom about bruises She showed me. My mom called the school and reported it. It stopped for a while. There was a teacher at our school that would let her jacket in class, to hide the bruises. In high school I would help her run away. Pack some things up,and walk her halfway out of town in the middle of the night. Sad that she was no worse off out on the streets on her own. When her Mom would call to ask if I'd seen her I knew nothing.
This back in the 70's,80s.

Remembered watching this video that may be useful context to some of the discussion going on about Harley's mom. Posted Apr 27, 2019

"Hi guys, what's up? It's your boy, Harley Dilly. And um, today I was thinking...I haven't posted on Youtube in a while. It's been almost two months, I don't know what's been going on....well, actually I'm here to give you the information.

So I've not posted in two months because about two months ago, one night, I was playing Xbox and four ambulances came over to my house and my mother had a heart attack and a stroke. I was scared. I had to go to my aunt and uncle's for about I'd say a week almost. It wasn't looking good for my mother. But four weeks ago, my mother arrived back home and she has been doing fantastic recently. And, somebody was watching over her because I don't know anybody else who could survive that.

It's been a while since I updated and there's reasons for that. But I'm sorry that I haven't been that person that uploads daily like I said I was gonna be. But I just wanted you guys to hear back from me. More videos will be coming soon.

It's just been very stressful"

Remembered watching this video that may be useful context to some of the discussion going on about Harley's mom. Posted Apr 27, 2019

"Hi guys, what's up? It's your boy, Harley Dilly. And um, today I was thinking...I haven't posted on Youtube in a while. It's been almost two months, I don't know what's been going on....well, actually I'm here to give you the information.

So I've not posted in two months because about two months ago, one night, I was playing Xbox and four ambulances came over to my house and my mother had a heart attack and a stroke. I was scared. I had to go to my aunt and uncle's for about I'd say a week almost. It wasn't looking good for my mother. But four weeks ago, my mother arrived back home and she has been doing fantastic recently. And, somebody was watching over her because I don't know anybody else who could survive that.

It's been a while since I updated and there's reasons for that. But I'm sorry that I haven't been that person that uploads daily like I said I was gonna be. But I just wanted you guys to hear back from me. More videos will be coming soon.

Poor kid

Maybe he wouldn't run.

Does anyone else think it’s strange that he refers to his mum as ‘mother’? It seems kind of distant, no?

Did anyone else notice when his mom in her FB post from the 29th, I think said she couldn't bring herself to clean his room?

Why would you? Or rather, why wouldn't you to find a clue. Either way I found it a strange statement

I agree, checking what is left tells you what he has with him. Also, her comment about taking down the tree is weird. I wonder about gifts bought for him, are there any? Did they know he wouldn’t be there?
LE are probably watching to see if she returns any if bought...

Well he seems like a perfectly normal 14 year old to me, and it's obvious he was effected and frightened by his mother's medical issues. Clearly he cares, and was quite proud that she made it through. He seemed to admire her toughness. Gosh I like this kid. Harley, where the heck are you?!
Come home and you'll have all the YouTube subscribers you want...no doubt!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member