OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comforting myself ready stories of runaway teens that are recovered after months. Most are his age, left without a trace in the same way (didn't come home, didn't go to school, etc). Most ran after a fight with their parents .

Several do come back or are recovered. I pray he will be one.

this photo was shared in a local fb group

Is it possible he came home at this time and either got more hurt they were gone and took off, or got stuff for himself? I doubt she would notice he came back and grabbed clothes.

You would think if you had a 14 year old out, and you left, he'd have a key. I hope they wouldn't leave, without confirmation of his safety AND no way for him to access the house.

But in this case, who knows

Yes. That’s the only possible sighting we have outside of family

Chief said he often left for a friends when he was mad. ONCE Overnight.

It is not the norm for him to disappear. Chief said had never been reported as a runaway.

I wonder if they knew where he was the time he slept elsewhere?

He seems rather young emotionally. I can not even imagine a parent calling the police and making it sound as if he was the one out of control and threatening to call the cops and send him AWAY all the time. at the same time being made to feel like it’s HIS responsibility to make everyone else happy, lifting his mother out of depression... parenting by guilt & fear.
Can you imagine her saying things like - you caused my heart problem, keep it up and I’ll die...AGAIN.? I can.

Is it possible he came home at this time and either got more hurt they were gone and took off, or got stuff for himself? I doubt she would notice he came back and grabbed clothes.

You would think if you had a 14 year old out, and you left, he'd have a key. I hope they wouldn't leave, without confirmation of his safety AND no way for him to access the house.

But in this case, who knows

Do we know if he had his own key to get in? In one of the YT videos DH says that his mum had locked him out whilst she went out. I suppose he might have got one since then. Do we know?

Mom on video- It’s everything you’d expect. Screaming crying, insulting, blaming, cursing, more about her ....her ...her

Brittany Amber Hetrick

search around...it’s longer. I can’t figure out how to link it

I can’t believe this woman. She starts off attacking people for criticizing HER?

That’s her priority- she is her main concern. Harley is almost an afterthought.
I haven’t seen anyone say a single bad word about him online.

Last edited:
He seems rather young emotionally. I can not even imagine a parent calling the police and making it sound as if he was the one out of control and threatening to call the cops and send him AWAY all the time. at the same time being made to feel like it’s HIS responsibility to make everyone else happy, lifting his mother out of depression... parenting by guilt & fear.
Can you imagine her saying things like - you caused my heart problem, keep it up and I’ll die...AGAIN.? I can.

I just found a video on Facebook of mom...GUESS WHAT?
I nailed it....stop picking on her because ”she doesn’t want to die again”

Last edited:
I really hoped when I logged back onto WS, it would with good news about Harley (as well as a couple of other cases I'm following).

This one has really hit hard for me.

I'm seeing so many red flags on this one. And I will now sit on my hands because I don't want a time out.

My thoughts are with you, Harley. Hope you are safe & warm, little man.

The timeline is bizarre because it makes no logical sense. The timeline STINKS.

The person on video suspected to be Harley does NOT appear to be wearing a puffy coat.

What is the timeline ? Why was he going to school so early? Sorry of I missed something.

I think it's possible that a teen runaway could still be ok. Someone else mentioned cabins nearby. If he was hiding out in one of those, he'd have everything he needs to survive.

Some cases, I read here, Im thinking - no good possible outcome, but because of his age and the weather, I think there's still a chance.

With a hoodie and a pair of sunglasses, he'd be a young looking busker, but he could be out getting change in plenty of cities.

I have no idea what's going on in this case, but I think it's at least possible he's still ok. I hope he ran away, because that seems like the best outcome to me.
I'm hoping there's new information soon.
There wouldn't be any benefit from the cabin other than shelter based on what I've seen in these season housing resorts. There is probably no heat (cut off power during the off season to save money) or food (you clean out all food when the season ends because it attracts pests). He'd have to have brought food with him and found a cabin with either utilities still on or a fireplace and firewood. I doubt he could remain in such a situation without being easily noticed.

I just found a video on Facebook of mom...GUESS WHAT?
I nailed it....stop picking on her because ”she doesn’t want to die again”

It sounds like this family really needed some counseling after the mother's illness. Kids can feel very insecure during and for a long time afterwards. The parent recovering from such a traumatic illness is often not emotionally prepared to help the child deal with it as they're still processing their own trauma. Support groups can be very helpful in these situations.

100% agreed

There wouldn't be any benefit from the cabin other than shelter based on what I've seen in these season housing resorts. There is probably no heat (cut off power during the off season to save money) or food (you clean out all food when the season ends because it attracts pests). He'd have to have brought food with him and found a cabin with either utilities still on or a fireplace and firewood. I doubt he could remain in such a situation without being easily noticed.

It's possible there are a few cabins that haven't been winterized. In the Lakeside community, the cabins and homes are densely packed, some narrow streets and alleys. There are also a lot of detached storage sheds and garages where people park boats, etc. I'm holding out hope that's where he's hiding. Otherwise, I don't see how he could get very far on foot. Outside of Port Clinton and Sandusky, it's rural. The closest big cities are at least an hour's drive either direction on I90 - Toledo and Cleveland.

JMO, it's possible someone watched Harley's videos online and made friends with him in recent weeks/months, when he was posting about being depressed. LE, especially FBI and BCI, will be looking into his online activity.

Port Clinton Police Department
Harley Dilly Update, Tuesday, December 31st, 2019

Good Morning,

• There is NO additional information that I am able to share with you this morning.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

I get he could be using his time more productively and PCs are pointless if he won’t share more info but he was making grandiose claims what 4-5 days ago that he would be giving a PC NO MATTER WHAT UNTIL HARLEY IS HOME and he would be there every day at 3pm no matter what...and he’s already given up on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member