TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey were last seen Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7:30 a.m. when Broussard dropped off another child at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they returned to their home near West William Cannon Drive and South First Street afterward, but they haven’t been seen since.

Broussard is 33 years old, 5-foot-3, 150 pounds with long, dark hair with highlights.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

Thread Number 1
Thread Number 2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread # 5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Heidi-and-baby.jpg

Last edited:
Admin note:
Consider it a Christmas gift that the discussion has not been closed yet AGAIN. The amount of TOS violations on the last thread are staggering. Members seem to be taking advantage of the shortage of moderators at this time of year and that is disheartening. I am battling cold symptoms and have out of town family flying in today so I don’t have time to clean up the thread or log in. My generosity will not be extended to those who are blatantly disregarding TOS and sleuthing a person who has not been named a POI in MSM or by LE…. And the wrong individual to boot. DO NOT POST information unless you are absolutely positive it is the right person AND can back it up with a mainstream media link. I do not see anything in MSM or in the media thread that anyone else has been arrested.

Only MSM information is allowed to be posted and discussed. Random youtube videos are not allowed to be posted or discussed unless approved by Tricia. Please keep that in mind going forward. Posting rumors is ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED. Trying to circumvent the rules by posting questionable information will be met with serious consequences. Enough is enough people!

Please remember if you post a theory and you claim a fact that has not been seen you need to provide a link to a mainstream media article or law enforcement press release.
We really don't like removing long well thought out posts but we have to if they contain unsubstantiated information.

Hey Everyone,
CLICK HERE to listen to my podcast with Crimeonline's Leigh Egan and from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute Sheryl McCollum

Leigh Egan's reporting is always top-notch and she always gets the best info on the cases we discuss on Websleuths. In addition, Leigh always has stories uploaded quicker than anyone else.

Sheryl McCollum is a dear friend of ours who has the credentials to back up what she says about a crime scene or anything crime-related.

Both of these incredible women have very interesting things to say about this horrible murder.

Big thanks to both Leigh and Sheryl for taking time out of the busy schedules to appear on Weblseuths Radio Podcast.

Beginning a New Year, I was thinking on how Heidi will be remembered. In all the sadness of this case, what touched me most of all was how HB was described as having "a servant's heart." What a beautiful way to be remembered by those that knew and loved her. If only we could all be that way, finding joy and love in serving others. She served her children, her parents, her friends and strangers in her work. She did it all with a beautiful smile making everyone feel valuable. What a legacy. My experience also tells me, that those that live this way are also the most grateful, for everything they have whether much or little. Making lemonade out of lemons, as we say. A beautiful soul, gone much too soon :( Wishing her family strength in the days ahead.

I was in the media thread looking for something else and came across this video from a local news station. It was live the morning of the 20th (says 8:42 am). I see the car is still there but there is zero LE presence and no crime scene tape up still. I see lots of media vehicles there, but that's it. So now I'm really not sure if this car was guarded until towed. JMO

All of the tickets appear to me to have been generated at the EZ TAG camera locations on the Sam Houston Parkway. Houston area motorists can transfer cash into an EZ TAG account, kind of like a prepaid credit card for Houston area toll roads. There are separate EZ TAG lanes, which move along more quickly than the other toll lanes. It works great, but forget to get out of the EZ TAG lane with expired or overdue anything, and you're caught redhanded by the unfailing camera. The Indiana address may just be a dummy address.............kind of like they list a last known address from the electronic records, and the Indiana one means they don't know if they have you have a newer address (but assume you do). JMO
https://www.hctra.org/Home
They rolled inspection and registration into one sticker a few years ago in Texas. (Inspection and Registration -- Together At Last! | Two Steps. One Sticker. Texas DMV) So there is no longer a proof of inspection sticker, only proof of registration. You cut out the last sentence about inoperable vehicles on any lot shall not be visible from the street. I have no idea if the silver car was working or not, or what the definition of inoperable according to the HOA would be. Ultimately the exact rules don't matter if for some reason a person or their neighbors believe they apply. *shrug* I was making a counterpoint to a hypothetical that it depends on how uptight the HOA is on whether or not it would be normal to have a unregistered vehicle parked behind a gate.
I thought I had read the car was parked on a boat pad. And you can see it is on concrete, not grass. Pads are common in the area as lots of people have boats and HOA does not want them in sight. I also read that was where she always parked. I wouldn't think this would be HOA compliant. However, I think HOA was not a consideration for MF.

I was in the media thread looking for something else and came across this video from a local news station. It was live the morning of the 20th (says 8:42 am). I see the car is still there but there is zero LE presence and no crime scene tape up still. I see lots of media vehicles there, but that's it. So now I'm really not sure if this car was guarded until towed. JMO

A pack of Marlboros and ....???? on the dash board. Can anyone there figure that bag out?

Untitled presentation.jpg

Thanks Missy.

It's clear from this video that LE left the crime scene without impounding the car in which a murder victim was recovered. Very strange. JMO.

I wonder how long the car sat there before someone decided it would be a good idea to tow it.

Thanks Missy.

It's clear from this video that LE left the crime scene without impounding the car in which a murder victim was recovered. Very strange. JMO.

I wonder how long the car sat there before someone decided it would be a good idea to tow it.

Yeah, I'm a bit perplexed over it myself. I watched the full 6 minutes or so of that video, no LE near the car, no LE vehicles anywhere, crime scene tape was already removed (which I had noticed before in other video's with live broadcasts the next morning). My biggest concern would be that MF's defense could use this to their advantage. JMO

I actually scanned through a 2 hour live broadcast from the front of the house from early morning on the 20th, and also did not see any LE presence or crime scene tape.

It was this one, the reporter talks every once in awhile but nothing earth shattering, she was just giving updates on the morning news and they left the link live for those 2 plus hours.

I’m not the least bit concerned about that car not being towed right away.

DPS, the Texas Rangers, the FBI, and Austin Police all descended on that house. These aren’t inexperienced agencies, and they know exactly what they’re doing.

Whatever the reason, I’m sure there’s a good reason for the way they went about this.

Nothingburger, as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah, I'm a bit perplexed over it myself. I watched the full 6 minutes or so of that video, no LE near the car, no LE vehicles anywhere, crime scene tape was already removed (which I had noticed before in other video's with live broadcasts the next morning). My biggest concern would be that MF's defense could use this to their advantage. JMO

I actually scanned through a 2 hour live broadcast from the front of the house from early morning on the 20th, and also did not see any LE presence or crime scene tape.

It was this one, the reporter talks every once in awhile but nothing earth shattering, she was just giving updates on the morning news and they left the link live for those 2 plus hours.
If the defense can come up with sloppy evidence handling they will probably try to get incriminating evidence thrown out. JMO

Interesting. Also the versa here has to open the trunk from the inside of the car, not a remote or trunk button on the rear access. Bet those guys didn't expect this video to come in handy here.

Nothing comes up for me

Interesting. Thanks for this resource. Also, her address is a Walgreens....
Hmm. I clicked on the first entry and found this:

184100180104 | State of Texas vs. Magen R Fieramusca

Case Number

Court
Precinct 4, Place 1

Judicial Officer
Goodwin, Lincoln

File Date
04/16/2018

Case Type
Criminal - Citation

Case Status