FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

Doctors can't always tell whether a woman has ever given birth, not even while the woman is still alive. Right in the middle of a gynecological exam I once had a doctor ask me how many babies I'd had. I've never even been pregnant. He seemed surprised by this news and said I had some cervical scarring consistent with childbirth. So I think it's a myth that a gynecologist can tell whether or not a living woman has given birth, much less a deceased woman. There are apparently other reasons why a woman might have scarring to the cervix or pelvic bones that could make it look like she'd had a child.

Or even why a man might have scarring on the pelvic bone. It's all a lot more ambiguous than the cut-and-dried Namus listings make it sound :p

I live near Lake Panasoffkee. A couple years ago I canoed by the spot where Little Miss Panasoffkee was found. I'm not easily spooked but the hair on my neck sure stood while canoeing under the bridge there.

Belleview, FL which is under a half hour North of the area has a Greek Orthodox population. They host a Greek Festival each spring. I wonder if Sumter County Sheriff's Office has explored the possibility of a connection there.

I live near Lake Panasoffkee. A couple years ago I canoed by the spot where Little Miss Panasoffkee was found. I'm not easily spooked but the hair on my neck sure stood while canoeing under the bridge there.

Belleview, FL which is under a half hour North of the area has a Greek Orthodox population. They host a Greek Festival each spring. I wonder if Sumter County Sheriff's Office has explored the possibility of a connection there.
I lived 45 minutes away from Tarpon Springs, a very Greek area, for 1 1/2 years and it always made me think of her. I know as of now we can't 'confirm' she ever went to TS but it seems likely. I drove over Lake Panasoffkee when I was moving out and it was very eerie for me because it reminded me of her. Saying she's most likely Greek and was close-ish to Tarpon Springs it's likely she visited Tarpon Springs.

I lived 45 minutes away from Tarpon Springs, a very Greek area, for 1 1/2 years and it always made me think of her. I know as of now we can't 'confirm' she ever went to TS but it seems likely. I drove over Lake Panasoffkee when I was moving out and it was very eerie for me because it reminded me of her. Saying she's most likely Greek and was close-ish to Tarpon Springs it's likely she visited Tarpon Springs.

I used to live in TS and would visit the Sponge Docks there almost daily (Greatly miss Plaka's!).
You're correct that there is a huge Greek community, in fact my SIL is from there and still has family there. We lived 2blks from the docks and less than a blk from the Greek Orthodox Church, we were 2 houses down from the Pinellas trail. I'm going to get in touch with my SIL and make sure she doesn't have any family members from there who went missing, her family is huge and they're all either naturalized citizens or 1st gen Americans! I'll also suggest to her to do a DNA test and opt in on 23andme.

Little_Miss_Lake_Panasoffkee-COLLAGE.jpg Little miss lake Panasoffkee is a unidentified white female found in Lake Panasoffkee, Florida. She was found February 19, 1971. She is estimated to be 17-22 years old, 110-120 lbs and 5ft-5'5. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Pamela Hobley is a white female teenager that went missing from her high school homecoming football game with another female by the name of Patricia Spencer on October 31,1969 From Oscoda, Michigan. Pamela was 5'7 and 110 lbs. She was born on May 25,1954.

Miss and Pamela has similar features. Pamela is within the age and weight range of Miss. They also have the same eye and hair color. Pamela is a little taller than Miss.

I believe that Pamela and Patricia may have ran away and traveled to Florida where they were possibly killed.

They could have been taken to Florida by men of people they may have trusted and murdered I am aware the dates are messed up. They could have been living comfortable or taken hostage up until 1971.

They could have been taken to Florida for sex trafficking.

This one is a bit of a stretch, age and time frame most obviously, but after almost 50 years it’s hard to simply dismiss IMO...(I included a few side by sides, one of the teeth in particular, looked very similar to me)

Bertha Louise Cronawert Burke
F304FA6E-674C-4EAA-A470-4B22BD818E68.jpeg 94C2A821-541F-445D-98A8-97620AC1C640.jpeg
(UID stats in parenthesis)
Missing Since: February 20, 1970 (1971)
Missing From: Port Angeles, Washington (Florida)
Height: 5’10” (5’0”-5’5”)
Weight: 130 - 140 pounds (110-120)
Hair & Eyes: Brown, brown (Brown, Brown)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Her two front teeth are unusually large; ears are pierced.

Per The Charley Project:
Details of Disappearance
Bertha was last seen in her home in the 100 block of east 13th Street in Port Angeles, Washington on February 20, 1970. She has never been heard from again. She apparently left home sometime after midnight, leaving behind her three children, aged between two and six years old, alone. She also left her purse behind.

Bertha was in the process of a divorce at the time of her 1970 disappearance and was seeing another man. Police have named her husband, Douglas A. Burke, as a person of interest in her disappearance. They had married in 1958. She was seeking the divorce on grounds of cruelty.

In 2003, 33 years after Bertha disappeared, investigators searched for her body with ground-penetrating radar and cadaver dogs. They concentrated on the driveway of her former home, and a parking lot behind Douglas's former place of work on east 8th Street. Tests indicated that something was buried underneath a concrete slab, but when authorities dug underneath it they found no evidence. Nothing was located during the search and investigators do not plan to search further.

Foul play is suspected in Bertha's disappearance. Douglas remarried after her disappearance and then died in 2008. In his obituary, Bertha was said to have died in February 1970, the month she disappeared. Her case is unsolved.

Attachments

• AA64BBDA-2E32-45AE-A73A-A88610197AFA.jpeg
    AA64BBDA-2E32-45AE-A73A-A88610197AFA.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 4C4B786C-B1B2-499B-867D-7FD71F2B841A.jpeg
    4C4B786C-B1B2-499B-867D-7FD71F2B841A.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 17
Aww she just looks like a baby and not much is known about her. What we do know is Helen Marie Green was 13yrs old when she vanished from Chicago in Jan 1971. She is of Greek ancestry. Also worth a mention, she seems to be wearing a very similar garment to the victims poncho. X

Attachments

• Thumbnail.jpg
    Thumbnail.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 470UFFL8.jpg
    470UFFL8.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 34
This one is a bit of a stretch, age and time frame most obviously, but after almost 50 years it’s hard to simply dismiss IMO...(I included a few side by sides, one of the teeth in particular, looked very similar to me)

View attachment 222282 View attachment 222283
Distinguishing Characteristics: Her two front teeth are unusually large; ears are pierced.

Per The Charley Project:
Details of Disappearance
Bertha was last seen in her home in the 100 block of east 13th Street in Port Angeles, Washington on February 20, 1970. She has never been heard from again. She apparently left home sometime after midnight, leaving behind her three children, aged between two and six years old, alone. She also left her purse behind.

Bertha was in the process of a divorce at the time of her 1970 disappearance and was seeing another man. Police have named her husband, Douglas A. Burke, as a person of interest in her disappearance. They had married in 1958. She was seeking the divorce on grounds of cruelty.

In 2003, 33 years after Bertha disappeared, investigators searched for her body with ground-penetrating radar and cadaver dogs. They concentrated on the driveway of her former home, and a parking lot behind Douglas's former place of work on east 8th Street. Tests indicated that something was buried underneath a concrete slab, but when authorities dug underneath it they found no evidence. Nothing was located during the search and investigators do not plan to search further.

Foul play is suspected in Bertha's disappearance. Douglas remarried after her disappearance and then died in 2008. In his obituary, Bertha was said to have died in February 1970, the month she disappeared. Her case is unsolved.

View attachment 222282 View attachment 222283

Per The Charley Project:
Details of Disappearance

This comment is en pointe and I couldn't agree more. There seems to be nobody reported as missing who matches the full description. And that is why I suggested Helen Marie Green even with a significant difference in the estimated age range. Also, I doubt very much Helen had ever given birth. However, she does line up with other information and therefore she is as good a possibility as any other for a potential match IMO. You know, It is so sad how everything seems to be an estimation or an approximation regarding the personal details of a missing child So sad X

Aww she just looks like a baby and not much is known about her. What we do know is Helen Marie Green was 13yrs old when she vanished from Chicago in Jan 1971. She is of Greek ancestry. Also worth a mention, she seems to be wearing a very similar garment to the victims poncho. X

Shes not Helen. Helen's case is solved, we're waiting for DNA which will be happening in the next month or 2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back