Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Wonder what the texts to his friends consisted of at 3:30 am? MOO

There is a 2 hour time difference between Sacramento & Missouri so the text was either ~1:30 (about an hour before he left his apt) or 3:30AM (about an hour after he left his apt). It seems most likely that the text was an hour before Alex left his apt because, had it been after he'd left, they would know more about what direction he went after he left his apt.

There is a new update from a website that can't be linked here. It is a repeat of the recently posted theory on where Alex may have gone.

The friends & family that are searching for Alex now doubt that he went from his apt on the path to Natomas. They have reviewed surveillance available from near the path and found nothing with Alex.

They currently believe that "Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac."

They have not ruled out that he went on the path to Natomas but are "switching directions."

I live in Sacramento and I would not walk the Discovery Park/Sutter's Landing section of the bike trail alone at night but even with that said, there are still more assaults and robberies in the downtown business and nightlife area than on the trails or in South Natomas.

I attached the area crime map and you can filter for various categories of crime and see where they were located.

If you look at the robberies and assaults, very few of them occur in these early morning hours which makes me believe it is more likely that Alex has had some sort of accident.

LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

Yes. If you live there, you'd call it Midtown. But the whole area is generally considered "the downtown Sacramento area."

Edit to clarify: The whole downtown is a grid from 1st to 30th and from A St to Z (which is called Broadway). If you live outside of it, it's all "downtown." If you live inside, there's Alkali Flats, Lavender Hill (or Lavender something), etc. Midtown is generally from maybe 15th to 30th or so. It's popular with young people and state workers for an easy commute and there's LOTS of smallish apartment complexes and lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance.
Lavender Heights. Here’s some more info on midtown Sacto.

Midtown Sacramento - Wikipedia

JAN 4, 2020
Man, 25, Goes Missing on New Year's Eve in Calif.: He Had 'No History of Disappearing,' Dad Says
[...]

“My son’s girlfriend called me because she hadn’t been able to contact him and asked me to try and contact him and I couldn’t either,” MP, Holden’s mother, told KCRA.

According to MP, Holden and KP had plans for New Year’s Eve that night, and when Holden didn’t show, KP began to worry. “They had plans that evening with a bunch of friends and it was really out of character for him to be absent for something like that,” MP told the outlet.

Holden’s father, Greene County Judge CH, reiterated to the Springfield News-Leader that his son had “no history of disappearing” and he remains “very concerned.”

[...]

On Friday, authorities in the area began a neighborhood-wide search for Holden, NBC reported.

The Sacramento Police did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

[...]
The timeline of NYE is a little muddy. This article states that he was expected for NYE plans and didn't show. This is different from other media reports that he came home from a night of drinking with friends, without any mention of him being a no-show earlier.

GF says that he came home just before midnight and they had an "emotional" discussion, also described as an argument in different media, and then he left again about 2:30am.

Yet there isn't any reported footage of him the entire evening through the next day. According to this article, he didn't take car keys or a driver's license because he rarely drove. He carries a passport for identification, also mentioned in the article.

This is one of the better accounts with more detail than other articles I've read.

Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31

Things don't add up for me. How does someone disappear, without a trace, in a city with cameras everywhere?

The timeline of NYE is a little muddy. This article states that he was expected for NYE plans and didn't show. This is different from other media reports that he came home from a night of drinking with friends, without any mention of him being a no-show earlier.

GF says that he came home just before midnight and they had an "emotional" discussion, also described as an argument in different media, and then he left again about 2:30am.

Yet there isn't any reported footage of him the entire evening through the next day. According to this article, he didn't take car keys or a driver's license because he rarely drove. He carries a passport for identification, also mentioned in the article.

This is one of the better accounts with more detail than other articles I've read.

Things don't add up for me. How does someone disappear, without a trace, in a city with cameras everywhere?

He had been out with friends on the evening of Dec 30. He came home around 11.30 pm. He then left (after the argument) and disappeared in the early morning hours of NYE, at 2.30 am. They had plans for the evening of NYE, where he then didn't show up.

It's been reported by several outlets that he and KP had NYE plans with friends and he didn't show up. But yes, we didn't hear about that right off the bat.

Just so we're on the same page, the night he came home and later went for a walk wasn't NYE - it was Dec. 30. So, it looks like this:
  • Dec 30 11:45 pm - arrived home, woke girlfriend, emotional discussion
  • Dec 31 2:30 a.m. - left on foot for Natomas
  • Dec 31 2:30 a.m. - last text (time may be off an hour)
  • Dec 31 evening - no show for NYE plans
MOO

ETA: Sorry, @Elainera, we were posting at the same time!

I've looked at the clock after being suddenly woken up and the time I thought I saw wasn't the real time. If the girlfriend had looked at the clock from an angle, it could really have been 12:30--I've done that.

So far, he hasn't been found on any of the MANY cameras at the businesses, restaurants, bars and some houses/apartment complexes. At all. I believe there could be a few that haven't been viewed yet--maybe a business locked up for the weekend--but it seems like there should be some evidence that he actually even was there and left.

We've started all this with "facts" that could honestly be opinions. If the girlfriend didn't actually get up, go outside and witness him walking down the street, then the whole premise of where he walked is an opinion.

The several of his friends at the bar said they all left to go different directions, and he left walking. Fact. That would have put him back at the apartment about 11:30.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions on the girlfriend. But I'm uncomfortable with all the "he must have" done this or that being presented as facts.

Fact: He left the bar accompanied by several people.
Assumed Fact: There would be cameras that noted him walking away and which direction he went.

But the cameras weren't checked back that early. They were checked for 2:30 and later and came up empty.

I'm hoping that the private investigator starts all the way back at the bar and verifies everything bit by bit.

It's been reported by several outlets that he and KP had NYE plans with friends and he didn't show up. But yes, we didn't hear about that right off the bat.

Just so we're on the same page, the night he came home and later went for a walk wasn't NYE - it was Dec. 30. So, it looks like this:
  • Dec 30 11:45 pm - arrived home, woke girlfriend, emotional discussion
  • Dec 31 2:30 a.m. - left on foot for Natomas
  • Dec 31 2:30 a.m. - last text (time may be off an hour)
  • Dec 31 evening - no show for NYE plans
MOO

ETA: Sorry, @Elainera, we were posting at the same time!
Thank you! No wonder things didn't make sense to me!:D

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article239004018.html

A poster created last week on Reddit said Holden “got in an argument late at night and said he was going to walk to an old home in Natomas to sleep there. He’s done the walk / run before; following the Sacramento Northern Bikeway.”

According to a Reddit post, Holden’s family has hired a private investigator to investigate as well.

News reports indicate that Holden left his apartment near the intersection of 23rd and I Streets, in a central Sacramento neighborhood that looks somewhat like Springfield's Rountree, around 2:30 a.m. California time on Dec. 31.

Holden was last heard from around 3:30 a.m. when he texted friends in Missouri. It's unclear whether that timestamp refers to California or Missouri time zones.

Before disappearing, Holden returned home at 11:45 p.m. Dec. 30 after a night drinking on the town, then had an "emotional talk" or an "argument" with his girlfriend, Kennedi Perri, before leaving.

What happened next is unclear, but "three or four times" in the days since, according to a Reddit user believed to be Holden's girlfriend, the young man's friends and family have tried to physically retrace his steps.

Saturday evening, the same Reddit user reported that Sacramento police deployed a K-9 unit and drones to search for Holden. The dogs were able to pick up Holden's scent but not pinpoint a location where he might be or a route to track him, perhaps because Holden traveled the area so frequently.

Initially, friends and family believed Holden proceeded northwards onto a Sacramento bike trail deemed "very dangerous" by locals.

"Our new theory suggests Alex may have headed back towards the bars on K St," according to a posting published around 5 p.m. Friday, California time. "That night we went to LowBrau (a bar near Holden's apartment) for Motown Monday but concluded the night around 11:45 pm."

The posting continued, "We now believe Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac. The time he went back out is still 2:30am 12/31/2019 which we know is past last call but with the street vendors and busyness of the holiday, Alex may have went back. Alex’s favorite bars to frequent are Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, & the Mercantile."

Whether he went back to the bars after closing time or onto the northward bike path, the 25-year-old is said to have been carrying his white iPhone 7, which appears to have run out of battery life. Holden also had his passport, which doubled as his wallet containing his debit card. (He did not carry a driver's license and rarely used his car.) Holden also carried the keys to his car and his apartment, along with AirPod earbuds.

ENnynMDXsAE6qVF

JAN 6, 2020
Late Monday, Sacramento, California police told the News-Leader they had "no new information" on the whereabouts of 25-year-old Alex Holden, nephew of former Missouri Gov. Bob Holden.

[...]

News reports indicate the younger Holden left his apartment near the intersection of 23rd and I Streets, in a central Sacramento neighborhood that looks somewhat like Springfield's Rountree, around 2:30 a.m. California time on Dec. 31.

The same ABC affiliate reported that Holden was last heard from around 3:30 a.m. when he texted friends in Missouri. It's unclear whether that timestamp refers to California or Missouri time zones.

[...]

What happened next is unclear, but "three or four times" in the days since, according to a Reddit user believed to be Holden's girlfriend, the young man's friends and family have tried to physically retrace his steps.

Saturday evening, the same Reddit user reported that Sacramento police deployed a K-9 unit and drones to search for Holden. The dogs were able to pick up Holden's scent but not pinpoint a location where he might be or a route to track him, perhaps because Holden traveled the area so frequently.

[...]

Initially, friends and family believed Holden, who works as a manager with Amazon, proceeded northwards onto a Sacramento bike trail deemed "very dangerous" by locals.

But Friday, the Reddit user said to be Holden's girlfriend advanced a second possible scenario.

Shame on them for reporting info in reddit threads (or here) as sources and assuming identities. Follow up with LE and request interviews like other news sources have done with Malik.

I've looked at the clock after being suddenly woken up and the time I thought I saw wasn't the real time. If the girlfriend had looked at the clock from an angle, it could really have been 12:30--I've done that.

So far, he hasn't been found on any of the MANY cameras at the businesses, restaurants, bars and some houses/apartment complexes. At all. I believe there could be a few that haven't been viewed yet--maybe a business locked up for the weekend--but it seems like there should be some evidence that he actually even was there and left.

We've started all this with "facts" that could honestly be opinions. If the girlfriend didn't actually get up, go outside and witness him walking down the street, then the whole premise of where he walked is an opinion.

The several of his friends at the bar said they all left to go different directions, and he left walking. Fact. That would have put him back at the apartment about 11:30.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions on the girlfriend. But I'm uncomfortable with all the "he must have" done this or that being presented as facts.

Fact: He left the bar accompanied by several people.
Assumed Fact: There would be cameras that noted him walking away and which direction he went.

But the cameras weren't checked back that early. They were checked for 2:30 and later and came up empty.

I'm hoping that the private investigator starts all the way back at the bar and verifies everything bit by bit.

Do you actually know the cameras weren't checked back that early?

It sounded to me like LE are confident he arrived home at 11:30sh and his phone went dead at 2:30am. I agree though that there is currently no evidence we know of that he left the apartment on his own two feet. He possibly didn't, or he got into a car. These apartments open right out onto the corner and also have a shrubby alley right behind them he possibly could have gone down. I would be interested to know if there is any way he could have made it to the train tracks a few blocks away without passing any cameras.

I wonder when he was expected home? 11:30pm seems early to part ways on a night out when you don't have to be at work the next day. We've never been told if K was with Alex that night. She never actually explicitly said "he came home at 11:30pm and woke me up and it pissed me off because I had to be up early".

Here is the FB page for him. Please note it is run by his GF, not his family. Help Find Alex Holden

A few things:
1) Agreed, shame on the reporter for presenting few facts or cited sources for their assumptions.
2) I sincerely hope that LE had tangible evidence that led them to seek out camera footage beginning at 2:30am, beginning near his apartment.
3) I would love something-anything!-to verify that Alex arrived at his apartment after leaving the bar at 11:30.
4) Who was the last person to see and talk to Alex, not including his gf?
5) After watching a news report where they cited that he last texted a friend in MO @ 3:30am, I am convinced that this was CA time. The news reporters/news channel are in CA, all other times mentioned in the report are mentioned as being CA time, and the only person to dispute that to my knowledge is someone on Reddit who may or may not be his gf. The news video I am referring to is linked on this thread somewhere. Until convinced otherwise, I’ll go off of that.
6) Being from MO, I’m here to tell you that the Rountree area is NOTHING like what they have described his neighborhood in Sac to be. Rountree is well to do, well kept, in one of the best school districts in Springfield, houses many judges, attorneys, and other prominent members of the community, is a close-knit community full of small businesses, churches, and restaurants. Not sure where their analogy came from drawing similarities there...
7) If I believed that he came home at 11:30 and left on foot at 2:30 headed towards a homeless camp (which I do not believe at this time), my FIRST step after contacting a PI & LE would be to get out there and engage with the homeless community, social workers who work with homeless people in the area, and leaving flyers with anyone/everyone who is homeless or interacts with the homeless community. I would also offer a cash reward for useful information within the first 24 hours, as incentive for someone to speak up.
8) I am able to locate my AirPods using find my iPhone in the settings of my iPad, while the AirPods are dead. It shows the last known location. I didn’t have to do anything special, just the fact that I have used them with my phone is all it takes to synch the AirPods to the “find my” setting.

I live in Sacramento and I would not walk the Discovery Park/Sutter's Landing section of the bike trail alone at night but even with that said, there are still more assaults and robberies in the downtown business and nightlife area than on the trails or in South Natomas.

I attached the area crime map and you can filter for various categories of crime and see where they were located.

If you look at the robberies and assaults, very few of them occur in these early morning hours which makes me believe it is more likely that Alex has had some sort of accident.

LexisNexis® Community Crime Map
I appreciate this insight. Being familiar with Springfield, this soun
Shame on them for reporting info in reddit threads (or here) as sources and assuming identities. Follow up with LE and request interviews like other news sources have done with Malik.

Do you actually know the cameras weren't checked back that early?

It sounded to me like LE are confident he arrived home at 11:30sh and his phone went dead at 2:30am. I agree though that there is currently no evidence we know of that he left the apartment on his own two feet. He possibly didn't, or he got into a car. These apartments open right out onto the corner and also have a shrubby alley right behind them he possibly could have gone down. I would be interested to know if there is any way he could have made it to the train tracks a few blocks away without passing any cameras.

I wonder when he was expected home? 11:30pm seems early to part ways on a night out when you don't have to be at work the next day. We've never been told if K was with Alex that night. She never actually explicitly said "he came home at 11:30pm and woke me up and it pissed me off because I had to be up early".

Here is the FB page for him. Please note it is run by his GF, not his family. Help Find Alex Holden

A few things:
1) Agreed, shame on the reporter for presenting few facts or cited sources for their assumptions.
2) I sincerely hope that LE had tangible evidence that led them to seek out camera footage beginning at 2:30am, beginning near his apartment.
3) I would love something-anything!-to verify that Alex arrived at his apartment after leaving the bar at 11:30.
4) Who was the last person to see and talk to Alex, not including his gf?
5) After watching a news report where they cited that he last texted a friend in MO @ 3:30am, I am convinced that this was CA time. The news reporters/news channel are in CA, all other times mentioned in the report are mentioned as being CA time, and the only person to dispute that to my knowledge is someone on Reddit who may or may not be his gf. The news video I am referring to is linked on this thread somewhere. Until convinced otherwise, I’ll go off of that.
6) Being from MO, I’m here to tell you that the Rountree area is NOTHING like what they have described his neighborhood in Sac to be. Rountree is well to do, well kept, in one of the best school districts in Springfield, houses many judges, attorneys, and other prominent members of the community, is a close-knit community full of small businesses, churches, and restaurants. Not sure where their analogy came from drawing similarities there...
7) If I believed that he came home at 11:30 and left on foot at 2:30 headed towards a homeless camp (which I do not believe at this time), my FIRST step after contacting a PI & LE would be to get out there and engage with the homeless community, social workers who work with homeless people in the area, and leaving flyers with anyone/everyone who is homeless or interacts with the homeless community. I would also offer a cash reward for useful information within the first 24 hours, as incentive for someone to speak up.
8) I am able to locate my AirPods using find my iPhone in the settings of my iPad, while the AirPods are dead. It shows the last known location. I didn’t have to do anything special, just the fact that I have used them with my phone is all it takes to synch the AirPods to the “find my” setting.

I appreciate this insight. Being familiar with Springfield, this soun
Since they don't have him or his phone, I'm assuming the info about the text came from the friend in Missouri, who simply said that they'd received a text at 3:30 a.m. from Alex and no one reporting thought that through. So more likely 1:30 a.m., and if we accept the current scenario, from the apartment.

Wouldn't he have noticed his phone was nearly dead when he sent the text? Mine starts warning me at 15%. His girlfriend had made the comment that his phone died right after he left the apartment at 2:30.

There have been MANY comments locally--by searchers, by concerned local people--that there's a way to track both the AirPods and an iPhone with a dead battery (I've seen the link to wherever provided several times), but I haven't seen a response as to why neither has been/can be done.

Totally my opinion, but does anyone else find the "carrying a passport instead of a drivers license" to be, well, odd? I wonder if people who've known him a long time could verify that he always did that. Or if he just recently started doing that.

Since they don't have him or his phone, I'm assuming the info about the text came from the friend in Missouri, who simply said that they'd received a text at 3:30 a.m. from Alex and no one reporting thought that through. So more likely 1:30 a.m., and if we accept the current scenario, from the apartment.

Wouldn't he have noticed his phone was nearly dead when he sent the text? Mine starts warning me at 15%. His girlfriend had made the comment that his phone died right after he left the apartment at 2:30.

There have been MANY comments locally--by searchers, by concerned local people--that there's a way to track both the AirPods and an iPhone with a dead battery (I've seen the link to wherever provided several times), but I haven't seen a response as to why neither has been/can be done.

Totally my opinion, but does anyone else find the "carrying a passport instead of a drivers license" to be, well, odd? I wonder if people who've known him a long time could verify that he always did that. Or if he just recently started doing that.
Yes, very odd. I keep my passport in a safe place and use it only when I travel.

JAN 6, updated JAN 7, 2020
Search for Springfield man missing in California intensifies
[...]

Calvin Holden said, "They are now pulling all of the videos in that area to try and figure out if there was some sighting on the cameras to give us some angle of where he was headed, what direction to look. They are following up any tips that are called in. They've sent people out to check on those, to verify. They obviously have not worked out. They are working very hard on this case."

[...]

They're waiting to hear from someone that may have seen their son.

[...]

Authorities have not been able to ping Alex Holden's phone because the battery is drained.

His parents said that none of his credit or bank cards have been used. A check of his passport usage is pending.

Holden and Palmietto plan on staying in northern California for the rest of the week to help in the search. They will meet with police Tuesday.

[...]

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Thanks for the update! I am not taking anything from the other site as fact unless it can be verified by LE or Alex’s parents in the media. Who knows who is staying these “facts”, where they have gotten their information from, etc. The coverage of this case is a HOT mess!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back