TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shared a house, they didn't share a relationship though she was allegedly pregnant with his child.
I'm not sure how soon Heidi's cadaver started to emit an odor, certainly not for a few days. That narrows that aspect down to maybe 2-3 days when the odor of decomposition became permeating to the extent that the officer identified it priorto opening the trunk.
There is nothing else to suggest he played a role in her murder and this alone does not suggest it either.
Must have been strange for him to have this offspring he was told was his child suddenly living there. Guy's head must have been fried with it all..

really I can’t imagine what must be going thru his mind!
He sounds like a good guy, did he bond with M?
Betrayal....to the nth degree.

Last edited:
That's my hunch. Also, MF would have to have left extremely early that morning to be in Austin by 9:05. If she left Houston at 6ish, that would give her enough cushion for surviving the outbound westbound Houston traffic (although it's not as bad that way) and the inbound, westbound traffic into Austin to get there by 9:05. That would be totally unnecessary if you just had a pre-planned lunch with a friend - you'd skip rush hour for sure and just leave at 9. HB had all day while her son was at school - why meet IMMEDIATELY after she gets home from the school? She (MF) had a small window of opportunity if SC was typically home early afternoon. Getting up at the crack of cranky to just have tacos with a friend 2.5 hours from home seems odd to me, recent "birth" aside. But so does kidnapping and murder.

if MF was really manic, she would not necessarily be sleeping much anyway IMO

They shared a house, they didn't share a relationship though she was allegedly pregnant with his child.
I'm not sure how soon Heidi's cadaver started to emit an odor, certainly not for a few days. That narrows that aspect down to maybe 2-3 days when the odor of decomposition became permeating to the extent that the officer identified it priorto opening the trunk.
There is nothing else to suggest he played a role in her murder and this alone does not suggest it either.
Must have been strange for him to have this offspring he was told was his child suddenly living there. Guy's head must have been fried with it all..
I'm sure he was!!
Birthing Center in the Woodlands? Not even close to 'the beach'. They don't work for free.
Did he not ever wonder about money??? They lived separately, but she was pregnant with his child? What were the arrangements after baby's arrival.
Baby registry.
There's so much more to this. There has to be!!!

how about schizophrenic break? (speculation- no psych education here) I keep wondering if she did not move the body because she liked HB or because she forgot about it- both unrealistic thought patterns, IMO. There have been other people found living with dead bodies because they were sort of "attached to them." IMO.

Schizoaffective Disorder or Schizophrenia could be possibility, but difficult to gage with info we have. Often individuals with either diagnosis have problems with functioning, especially long-term, consistent functioning. I think she worked as wedding coordinator for extended period of time which requires organization, communication, motivation etc.

In schizophrenia, there are negative symptoms (in addition to positive symptoms like psychosis) including poverty of speech and thought, apathy, decreased motivation etc.

I personally don't think that she experienced a psychotic break as she planned and functioned, but then again, there is probably a lot we don't know.

I posted this back in December, just breaks my heart that you all don't read what I post o_O:p

(I was just googling “moonbump” to see if they make “real feel” ones. I accidentally typed in “moo bump”, @cody22 )
I just typed in moon bump and saw the word Lunar several times. Made me sick thinking this is where she got the name Luna! I guess a moon bump is a space thing too.

lindaromas, Dec 22, 2019Report
Flicka1, chasing.halos, BeeGirl and 8 others like this

I posted this back in December, just breaks my heart that you all don't read what I post o_O:p

(I was just googling “moonbump” to see if they make “real feel” ones. I accidentally typed in “moo bump”, @cody22 )
I just typed in moon bump and saw the word Lunar several times. Made me sick thinking this is where she got the name Luna! I guess a moon bump is a space thing too.

lindaromas, Dec 22, 2019Report
Flicka1, chasing.halos, BeeGirl and 8 others like this

If it makes you feel better..... I do recall reading this, but was stupid busy trying to get ready for xmas :p:D

I know sometimes when I am busy and come back to a thread, I just don't have the time to read all the posts and sometimes good little nuggets like this are missed!

If it makes you feel better..... I do recall reading this, but was stupid busy trying to get ready for xmas :p:D

I know sometimes when I am busy and come back to a thread, I just don't have the time to read all the posts and sometimes good little nuggets like this are missed!

Thanks missy1974 I'm just trying to get some respect here lol

I think Heidi's mom said everyone was Heidi's best friend. However, on the night that the arrest went down, on the Jay4Justice live Youtube (that broadcast was allowed here), Caressa, a close friend of Heidi, stated that MF was Heidi's "best friend". Also, while it was an older post, on Heidi's own FB she's posted about an upcoming get together with MF, saying she couldn't wait to see her "bestie". Then she allowed her in the delivery room, gave her the key to her apartment (not the car keys) and she and Shane allowed her to spend the night. Heidi was definitely under the impression that they were great friends.

RBBM

I don't think I'll ever forget this case. Makes me angry and sad at the same time.

JMVHO.

I said the same yesterday. They are huge! As are the Xmas tree bags, according to a great friend.
Sorry I may be repeating some things as I attempt to catch up but there r just a few things that I have to blurt our as I go and since u all refuse to go to bed and let me catch up you’ll have to humor me ;)

Just as a point of interest, I noticed on google streetview that the exit from the apartment complex onto South First St is gated. She must have opened up the gates in advance I think.

This link opens up the image
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I am hopeful that police will have been able to obtain some camera footage from somewhere showing whether there was one or two people in the front of the car. They should have been able to secure something given how they were able to track down MF within the week. I think I see overhead cameras at the crossroads/traffic lights where West William Cannon Dr merges into East William Cannon Dr.

We have a 'duffel bag' which is actually a 'hockey bag', official sized, and it is huge.. a body would easily fit inside there, and one could just 'roll' the body into it and then pull up the sides, zip it up. imo.
And then what? Throw it over her shoulders like Santa Claus and put it in the trunk?

No one was, but for MF to have been pregnant and telling CG the baby she had living in his home was the baby she gave birth to, the "baby" would have been bi racial as MF is Caucasian, and CG is African American

skin color of human offspring involves a lot of genes and is not very predictable:
Understanding Genetics

do wonder what MF was telling CG about many things but do not
think he would have known immediately just from appearance that
a baby was or was not his.

Staying up till all hours speaking to other concerned friends. Checking to see if LE was on her trail. Keeping up pretense with CG. Tending to the baby, we hope. I'm thinking once the adrenaline wore off she was scared and not so focused anymore. Time just got away.
I'm guessing that's why she looked like something the "cat dragged in" in her mugshot. Honestly, who can stay up those late hours yakking to others on the phone and take care of a newborn that wants to be fed every 3 hrs, if you're lucky? Never mind finding time to dispose of a corpse? For all the planning she put into this, you'd think she would have considered that a priority before settling in at home pretending to be a new mother. She is seriously ill, even if not clinically "insane." JMHO

I agree about tampering but it would seem like a kidnapping sentence would have judicial discretion, allowing for the circumstances of said kidnapping to be considered - as in LIFE in the case of Heidi AND Margo. If they had that leeway, in a case of murder following a kidnapping, even if the details of the murder couldn't be proved or charged, the kidnapping sentence could put them away forever. Now I'm curious about what kidnapping carries in other states. On tampering, recall that it only carries three years in Colorado. Big difference from Texas!

WOW! Three years in Colorado!?!
I'm super glad the max is 30 years here in SC. Otherwise, Sidney and Tammy Moorer could be living a free life in just a year or two with time served for the kidnapping (and murder) of Heather Elvis.

(Unfortunately, LE has never found Heather's body and the solicitor wasn't confident they could convict the couple on murder charges. They both received the maximum sentence and Tammy will likely be in her 70s before she's released -- if she sees the light of day again.)

I've been trying to think of a reason she would have gone back to get the body if she had dumped Heidi's corpse in Austin. She didn't know about the stench of decomposition, or infestations of flies, that much seems obvious. I can only think that she felt safer while people were still talking about Heidi being missing, but presumed to still be alive somewhere. Perhaps Shane talking to Heidi directly on his appeals sparked the idea.

It's a shame she wasn't more specific about where this body would have potentially been found, in her internet searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes